• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    If some serrations are good, more serrations are extra good.

c11c745a3a63b5154ac89ef2f6402df9.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Lighten the side area similar to the area on top in image 2, and perhaps taper the lightening/port holes the same (or close) to the one on top, to also lighten the slide.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm wanting to do a Glock with kind of an old school smithing look with lots of large checkering. 10 to 15 lines per inch. Maybe run some serrations through the checkering. I want to diamond checker the whole slide and frame. I'm thinking a laser engraver for the frame and mill the checkering on the slide. The fewest lpi checkering file I can find is 20 and I'm wanting the diamonds bigger. I'll donate ideas slides and cash to experiment with.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I concur that the spacing of the ports should align with the serrations. That is just more pleasing to the eye.

Along those same lines (pardon the pun) consider the Rule of Thirds.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

And the related Golden Ratio:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

If you had serrations (or some other visual cue) "cover" the last 1/3 of the slide, then the ports could be the 1/3 of that space. That mondo-serration posted by ITF wouldn't appear that jarring if the creator had stuck with 1/3 segments (not mathematically derived, but something close). I actually like the longitudinal lines on a slide... but that is truly over-done.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I concur that the spacing of the ports should align with the serrations. That is just more pleasing to the eye.

Along those same lines (pardon the pun) consider the Rule of Thirds.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

And the related Golden Ratio:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

If you had serrations (or some other visual cue) "cover" the last 1/3 of the slide, then the ports could be the 1/3 of that space. That mondo-serration posted by ITF wouldn't appear that jarring if the creator had stuck with 1/3 segments (not mathematically derived, but something close). I actually like the longitudinal lines on a slide... but that is truly over-done.

HA! I was thinking the same thing while scrolling down this thread... 'golden ratio'... But make serrations so they work for folks with some arthritis. I've watched my Uncle try to rack a slide and his finger tip grip isn't what it used to be.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm wanting to do a Glock with kind of an old school smithing look with lots of large checkering. 10 to 15 lines per inch. Maybe run some serrations through the checkering. I want to diamond checker the whole slide and frame. I'm thinking a laser engraver for the frame and mill the checkering on the slide. The fewest lpi checkering file I can find is 20 and I'm wanting the diamonds bigger. I'll donate ideas slides and cash to experiment with.

Not to the level you describe, but these look somewhat interesting... though could get rough on clothing or skin that could come in contact, depending on how sharp the edges are.

L2D-Combat-Glock-Replacement-Slide-Serrations.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Not to the level you describe, but these look somewhat interesting... though could get rough on clothing or skin that could come in contact, depending on how sharp the edges are.

L2D-Combat-Glock-Replacement-Slide-Serrations.jpg

I think that looks cool and grippy. I don't know if what I'm wanting is possible due to the depths needed to be cut. If the checkering was too sharp it could be blunted with some sanding before finish is applied.

Top Bottom