• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Maybe I am just not used to the big city anymore but have been in Indy today hitting some gunstores.

Point Blank in Greenwood - packed, parking lot full, people parking on the street.
    Gander - Pretty crowded considering how most feel about it.
    Rural King - 3 people working the gun counter, all working with customers filling out forms.
    Outdoorsman - parking lot full.
    Honey Creek - gun counter packed.

Did Obama get on TV and say something stupid again or is everyone afraid of the possibility of Hilliary?

Should have bought some stock in the gun companies.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, Justice Scalia did die, potentially opening Obama the ability to appoint a 3rd anti-gun justice, which would flip the balance in the Supreme Court.

But also, tomorrow is Valentines Day, so everyone might have been going out today because they'll be busy tomorrow.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    OP's observations are music to my ears. Go forth, everyone! Buy up those guns! The more there are to take away the harder they will be to take.

:rockwoot:

Swapfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Greenwood
    I made the mistake of going to PB in Greenwood at 5:40ish. Stood in line to get a lane and after about 20 minutes in line, I finally got to the counter. I handed her my VIP card and she told me that they were not taking any more because they had over an hour wait to get a lane. Ugh. I don't normally go during that time, but wow it was so packed.

Greg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Stopped out at McDonald's Gun Shop yesterday about 15 minutes after opening. Already 5-6 customers inside. By the time I left 30 minutes later, there were at least 15 customers in there. It is a small shop absolutely jam packed with guns, accessories, bulk ammo and reloading supplies. Everyone was courteous and having a good time looking at all the guns. Jeff and his daughter were flying from customer to customer taking care of them. Seemed like a pre-Valentines day Mardi Gras in there.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Point Blank is always packed on weekends and after normal business hours. I try to cut out of work early to beat the crowds, but that's easier said than done!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Deep winter causes gun sales. It usually peaks about Valentine's Day.

Used to see it when I slung guns at Galyan's.

Good weather=time to clean.

Cold weather=time to sell guns.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I walked 40 yards from my house to the range to shoot the 405 yesterday, no crowds.:)

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Probably because the first batch of tax refund checks just got mailed out. I was in WalMart this week, and it was a buying frenzy on just about everything - especially electronics. The sales girl told me that they had pretty much sold every tv in the store. A friend commented that there is only just SO much crack that can be purchased with the refunds, so they had to buy other things too.

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    King Obama isn’t finished with his proclamations. I thinkhis next 300+ days will be totally scary. He has nothing to lose now. Couplethat with appointing a new Justice and we have the makings of the perfectstorm.

Top Bottom