$5.00 admission
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I haven't gone to this yet? Do a lot of dealers show up? The Indy500 was kind of a let down. I found a good deal on a new Ruger 22/45 but after paying the entry for me and my wife plus parking it wasn't much of a deal LOL.. I called a guy out for selling fake Surefire's he wasn't even telling potential buyers. One guy walked off with one for $260.00 before I caught on to what was happening and could tell him.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    There is no point in going to this show. The vendors sell G21's at $900. The aisles are worse and the roasted almonds are more. Tons of "local crafts". Stay away in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Here is the deal.......there has been an influx of dealers that don't sell guns, gun related items, or knives showing up at ALL of the shows for the last year or so, not just the Crown Point show. Why this is, is another discussion, for another time. If you live in the area, and really don't have much to do, for $5.00, it is still cheap entertainment, and you never know what you might find. :twocents:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Here is the deal.......there has been an influx of dealers that don't sell guns, gun related items, or knives showing up at ALL of the shows for the last year or so, not just the Crown Point show. Why this is, is another discussion, for another time. If you live in the area, and really don't have much to do, for $5.00, it is still cheap entertainment, and you never know what you might find. :twocents:

You could go to see Brad and buy a knife.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    There is no point in going to this show. The vendors sell G21's at $900. The aisles are worse and the roasted almonds are more. Tons of "local crafts". Stay away in my opinion.

I know what you are getting at although I did purchase a G21 for five hundo there. Mainly I go to sell stuff. Vendors are pretty out of this world on most items. I generally only go for primers and powder but that too has gotten me sourcing elsewhere due to high prices. Anything else I can get online without leaving the couch. Like others have said if you are close and need to kill some time go for the heck of it if not stay home.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The Lake County gun shows are a joke. I've heard the Porter County show is better, but I've never been.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The Lake County gun shows are a joke. I've heard the Porter County show is better, but I've never been.
    the

I hit porter last year. It was larger with other vendors not usually at the CP show. Prices were still high as all get out and a ton of un gun related stuff. ZX guns would be the only folk I would purchase a gun from and anything else again can be had online for cheaper. Powder and primers was what I went for and left empty handed. What was there was smoking high right next to the eighty dollar a brick 22 ammo.

Staying home this year from all the shows unless I decide to sell some stuff.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Not sure about this particular show, but if they do not allow carrying of loaded firearms for those lawfully allowed to do so, I will continue to reject the show promoters hypocrisy, boycott these shows, and encourage all other legal gun-toters to do so.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Not sure about this particular show, but if they do not allow carrying of loaded firearms for those lawfully allowed to do so, I will continue to reject the show promoters hypocrisy, boycott these shows, and encourage all other legal gun-toters to do so.

I understand your point, however, these rules are set in place by the insurance companies. The Promoter's hands are tied by the rules of their insurance policy. Without insurance, there would be no shows. IMO, I'd rather have the shows and be a little inconvenienced. By boycotting these shows, you are actually going against the same people (promoters, vendors, and the people that attend these shows) that support the same thing (2A rights) that you do. You are fighting the wrong people, people that are on your side.......now that is being hypocritical. I don't know of a single show or promoter in Indiana, Ohio, or Kentucky that allows loaded firearms in a gun & knife show. :twocents:

BTW: I'll be there with some blades! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Anyone know the vendor that was set up at the show that made kydex holsters on the spot while you waited. I know he was at the show probably 6 months ago, but haven't caught him there since.

Top Bottom