• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --purple--
    Your party at your house and you provide 'jesus juice' and then joe leaves drunk and crashes.
    You are at fault for allowing him to leave.

Your car and you allow joe's underage kid to drive and crash it.
    You are at fault for allowing him to drive the car

In the nanny state we live in it's always your fault p-e-r-i-o-d.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    The only person at fault is the LEO. He's the one who supposedly cleared the gun , and then pulled the trigger. The only bad part for the gun owner is he handed his gun to an idiot.

The LEO needs , A GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED, tattooed to his forehead,in reverse. That way every morning he gets up he'll see it in his mirror.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Most shows have a sign posted by the door " NO LOADED FIREARMS " this usually prompts a reasonable person to unload before entering the building.

If that sign was OUTSIDE the Crown Point show then I'd agree with you.

I have seen signs that say "NO LOADED FIREARMS BEYOND THIS POINT" posted inside buildings after the gun check.

Again, I was not at the CP show, I don't know what type of sign they had, where it was posted, or even if they had a sign.

But its pretty clear that the officer dropped a loaded magazine out of the gun and then pulled a trigger. Upon seeing a loaded magazine fall from the mag well you'd think that the officer would have been tipped off to the fact that he was about to make a big mistake if he pulled the trigger :rolleyes:

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Why in the hell would anyone find it necessary to bring a loaded gun into a gun show? Seems to me that a gun show would be one of the safest places to be with regards to the criminal element (which is why we carry in the first place no?).

Is there some sort of fear of being jacked at these shows or something? Has anyone ever been assaulted, robbed or looted at a gun show?

Yes I'm new to the whole scene and I'm sure I'll catch crap for this post, but jeezus, seems like a giant d!ck swingers party to me if you can't keep the ammo in the car. For that matter, why do you need to even bring the gun inside at all? Is there something to prove or is it just to show off?

Enlighten me. As I'm sure I must be missing something...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Why in the hell would anyone find it necessary to bring a loaded gun into a gun show? . . .
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the dry cleaner?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the grocery store?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to a cigar lounge . . . where the clerks may be armed?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the bank . . . where they have guards?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to school when your drop off your child?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the gas station when you pump your gas?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the fast food restaurant?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the shopping mall . . . where they have guards?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to Wal Mart . . . where they have security teams?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun everywhere you go whenever you leave the house?

And, FWIW, if everyone at the gunshow is disarmed, then how could it be a safe location?

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the dry cleaner?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the grocery store?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to a cigar lounge . . . where the clerks may be armed?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the bank . . . where they have guards?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to school when your drop off your child?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the gas station when you pump your gas?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the fast food restaurant?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to the shopping mall . . . where they have guards?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun to Wal Mart . . . where they have security teams?
    Why would you carry a loaded gun everywhere you go whenever you leave the house?

There are crimes committed at these locations every single day with or without security, that's why.

And, FWIW, if everyone at the gunshow is disarmed, then how could it be a safe location?

Because there are armed LEO's at the door unloading weapons. Pretty obvious in my eyes.

Again, have there ever been any violent crimes committed at gun shows?

e-jism

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    I was there this morning when the doors opened, so I missed all the action, too. Like Buzzined, I bought a nice handgun and went on my way. In defense of the LEO, when I was there this morning a deputy with a megaphone told everyone in line that no loaded firearms were allowed. There was also a man at the door shouting every two minutes "NO LOADED WEAPONS!", plus there were several signs at the entrance. The LEO clearly made a mistake, but the gun owner should have unloaded his firearm before entering the building.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    There are crimes committed at these locations every single day with or without security, that's why.

Because there are armed LEO's at the door unloading weapons. Pretty obvious in my eyes.

But there have been crimes committed at gun shops and in the parking lots of gun shows. Its unsafe to leave your gun in the car and silly to walk around with an unloaded gun.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I can tell you this there is no way I will walk across a parking lot with new purchases that everyone can see with out being armed but that's just me. I have read in paper's that people have been robed walking out to there cars with there new firearms. I will never be disarm at a gun show.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I was there too, just a few people ahead of him. Sad to see this happen, and glad no one was injured. Sure makes you pucker for a few.

Other than that, found a couple small deals, and a pink "Hello Kitty" zombie killer shirt for my girlfriends granddaughter that she just had to have. LOL. She is six, and just had to go with me to the show...Cracked me up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why in the hell would anyone find it necessary to bring a loaded gun into a gun show? Seems to me that a gun show would be one of the safest places to be with regards to the criminal element (which is why we carry in the first place no?).

Is there some sort of fear of being jacked at these shows or something? Has anyone ever been assaulted, robbed or looted at a gun show?

Yes I'm new to the whole scene and I'm sure I'll catch crap for this post, but jeezus, seems like a giant d!ck swingers party to me if you can't keep the ammo in the car. For that matter, why do you need to even bring the gun inside at all? Is there something to prove or is it just to show off?

Enlighten me. As I'm sure I must be missing something...

The gun owner may have taken his every day carry (EDC) as he typically does and then when arriving at the show decided to sell it and thus have to take it inside with him and thus hand it over to the LEO to unload and ziptie before going in.

The gun owner may EDC and just forgot that he had it on him until he gets to the front and then upon being asked to you have any guns he hands it over to again have it unloaded and zip tied.

Crimes are not just committed with a gun. I have only been to the CP show once and i don't recall being asked if I hand a knife on me. So one could walk into that show with a knife and commit a crime that way. (ie. stab someone).

Also you could have someone going to the show or any other place for that matter for not what is going on. Ie. crazy guy/girl decides she is going to commit mass murder and the cp show is where s/he wants to die by death by cop. But in his/her mind it's let me see how many LEOs and people I can take with me.

Heck right now as you read this in the comfort of your home someone could be plotting to bust down your door and rob/hurt you. Point is one never knows when evil will appear.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The LEO clearly made a mistake, but the gun owner should have unloaded his firearm before entering the building.

:dunno: Where should the gun owner unload?
    In his car? Do an INGO search and you will see ND occurring in cars as people attempt to unload before going into show at Indy 1500

Unload while in line? You really want to be in front of someone when they are unloading a gun behind you?

At home? Yes that makes since if you are planning on selling said arm while at the shop but what if it's your EDC?

Best solution which I have never seen at the CP, Porter County nor Indianapolis 1500 is a weapons clearing barrel.

They come in all shape, colors and size and are NOT expensive to make!

size0.jpg

APC-100Dmain.jpg

27pig.jpg

slide0033_image003.jpg

Make your own with this PDF
    http://www.usarak.army.mil/policies...olicies/CGCOFS POLICY STATEMENT 34 Encl 3.pdf

Or just have a 55 gallon water barrel fill it with sand and have the user point there to unload.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    But there have been crimes committed at gun shops and in the parking lots of gun shows. Its unsafe to leave your gun in the car and silly to walk around with an unloaded gun.

Well the parking lot part makes sense. Didn't think of that. That's why I'm asking. :)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Still, I have to wonder why the customer of the gun show was asked to leave when he complied with the wishes of the officer and handed him a loaded gun, as he was apparently directed to do???

There is a sign posted outside that says no loaded weapons inside building.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There is a sign posted outside that says no loaded weapons inside building.

OK & what does that sign have to do with the gun owner? He had his handgun to the leo to
    1) unload
    2) get checked in with a zip tie

It was the LEO that messed up.

Did they ask leo to leave?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    OK & what does that sign have to do with the gun owner? He had his handgun to the leo to
    1) unload
    2) get checked in with a zip tie

It was the LEO that messed up.

Did they ask leo to leave?

The gun owner was supposed to alread have his gun unloaded before he even entered the building. The only reason he handed it over to the LEO was because it was loaded. They are both in the wrong.

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    From a safety issue in the gun show, all the dealers and cops carry loaded weapons. That is how it has always been. The sign says "NO LOADED FIREARMS". That is for the safety of John Q. Public because people have varying levels of weapon qualifications. Unless the person was illiterate or intentionally brought in a loaded weapon, what part of that didn't he understand? If it was the usual LC cops that checks for safety, I've known him for 20 years. He's sharp, but letting your guard down even for a second can get someone killed. He is well trained and that is just not like him to slip up like that. I'm almost inclined to think there was something more to it. No excuses. It is a lethal weapon that demands respect and proper handling. The safety inspector must be knowledgeable in the safe handling and function of every type of firearm man has created. That alone is a feat in and of itself.

Top Bottom