• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wish I could break loose with some of my excess stuff I am trying to downsize. I want to get down to just a couple oistols and maybe 2 rifles / 2 shotguns. You know I am going to bug the crap out of you next weekend Brian!

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Yup, saw three model 12s, only one of which I was interested in was very over priced. A single solitary cz 22 in the whole place. One guy had very nice 50s era american made 22s at not insane prices, but nothing that I was shopping for.

Lotta handguns and AR stuff.

Not much to be had. Sold my stuff, got some mk 2 22/45 mags, 4lbs titegroup, and some scope rings.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Ammo was STOOPID. Giant sign for 5.7 $60 a box. OMG. Pound sand. I saw 9mm boxes of 50 marked $60 also
    I didn't look at any guns but i did get a good deal on some .224 projectiles in bulk. Bought 2 pounds of powder at normal prices and a good deal on some 223 brass, so it was worth my time. Didn't locate a CTC laser for the g42 but can't win them all. Now i just need to find the elusive small rifle primers...

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Just got home from the gun show.....wow what a crowd.....most of the ammo was very high$....lots of guns some okay and some high....lots of used guns and rifles were jumped up a lot....all in all I had a good show.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I picked up some 38 caliber bullets for a great price. Pound of powder and a brick of Federal large rifle match primers. Fairly decent price on the primers at $45

Also bought 100 rounds of wolf classic 6.5grendel from Brian. Definitely kicking myself for not buying a few cases last year when it was .25 cents per round

Heard someone as price of G17. Looked new but was just a plain Jane G17
    Vendor said $1k I laughed my ass off. Definitely stupid prices on most ammo. There was some Federal HST 9mm (50 round boxes) for $45 which seems cheaper than what I've been seeing, right now, online

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to review: ammo prices are crazy, stupid, stoopid, and insane. I think that sums it up quite well.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Also forgot the 40mm ammo cans from woody here. Excellent condition and great price at 2 for 25. Also seen walt and a few other members.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Also helped my uncle buy his first AR. Though he was late to the game got a NIB S&W M&P 15 optics ready with MOE fore end for 750.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Also helped my uncle buy his first AR. Though he was late to the game got a NIB S&W M&P 15 optics ready with MOE fore end for 750.

Horrible buy at Black Friday 2019 prices, pretty good at today's prices. In for a penny, in for a pound..tell him to buy that case of ammo for $699. At least magazines are still decent prices, so get some those too. I don't foresee anything to calm the gun market anytime soon so get it while you can.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I wish I could break loose with some of my excess stuff I am trying to downsize. I want to get down to just a couple oistols and maybe 2 rifles / 2 shotguns. You know I am going to bug the crap out of you next weekend Brian!
    I'm going to have over 30 tables in Kokomo next weekend, so I'm sure I could find a little extra space if you want to hang out and try to sell some stuff. If it's priced to move fast I might just buy it myself!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Horrible buy at Black Friday 2019 prices, pretty good at today's prices. In for a penny, in for a pound..tell him to buy that case of ammo for $699. At least magazines are still decent prices, so get some those too. I don't foresee anything to calm the gun market anytime soon so get it while you can.

I told him I'd give him a mag or 2, but if he wanted more what the limit price was.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Just to review: ammo prices are crazy, stupid, stoopid, and insane. I think that sums it up quite well.
    That definitely sums it up well. I tell people that "if you don't like the prices now, wait until you see what they are next weekend". Every time I order ammo it's more than the previous order. There have been times I've paid more to replace something I sold only days before. Things are just going to get worse over the next few weeks. At the rate ammo is selling now it might be several months before prices peak. Until people stop paying these insane prices, they will continue to rise.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That definitely sums it up well. I tell people that "if you don't like the prices now, wait until you see what they are next weekend". Every time I order ammo it's more than the previous order. There have been times I've paid more to replace something I sold only days before. Things are just going to get worse over the next few weeks. At the rate ammo is selling now it might be several months before prices peak. Until people stop paying these insane prices, they will continue to rise.

Kokomo next weekend? I might be there! I'll be (again) inventorying my ammo and not buying any, but there are always things to be bought at a gun show.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm going to have over 30 tables in Kokomo next weekend, so I'm sure I could find a little extra space if you want to hang out and try to sell some stuff. If it's priced to move fast I might just buy it myself!

Thank you! I will most likely ask Otter Dave but if'n you got cash...

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Got a bunch of 13g target ammo and a cz mag from the gents at Brian's Surplus. Really nice folks and dealt with my neuroticism.

Ran through most of a case of it at Deer Creek today -- apparently goes bang and explodes frisbees when we point the shotguns correctly :)

Top Bottom