• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    If I have a Ruger 22/45 lite, threaded 1/2 x 28 and the OEM crush washer I understand I may be able to also use that crush washer also on my 10/22 that has a threaded barrel.
    My question is when looking for them online to buy additional backups, all I seem to be able to find are crush washers for .223, 9mm nothing specific for .22lr
    Would the .223 crush washer work on the 10/22? I would think that OD barrel size is the issue..
    Or does anyone know of a online place to get them?

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    You can use the AR crush washer just fine on anything with a 1/2x28 thread. I always put the convex side toward the smaller OD side.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have both and I don't use a crush washer on either. The instructions on the 22/45 say not to use the crush washer with a suppressor.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have both and I don't use a crush washer on either. The instructions on the 22/45 say not to use the crush washer with a suppressor.

That was going to be my next statement. I was confused why it was in the NFA forum and that's the only answer I could come up with.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The only thing I use crush washers on are flash hiders or brakes that will not support a suppressor. The flash hiders or brakes that do mount a suppressor use a shim to either properly time them or set them away from the shoulder compensating for the thickness of the crush washer. This keeps the suppressor concentric to the bore. Direct connect suppressors do not use anything when mounted.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the replies. I should have stated that "yes" I am using the washer with a suppressor. I was thinking that the washer would work as well as a spacer.
    Thanks for the reminder about the 22/45 lite. I had a few barrels threaded and was going to use the 10/22 as a host as well.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    You don't ever want to use a crush washer with any suppressor as they are not precision made and they can (and mostly do) cause alignment issues resulting in baffle strikes. Typically rimfire silencers have .400" of threads and the barrels usually have that much threaded length. If you have a barrel that has more than .400" in threads (like an AR15 barrel using a 2 conversion kit) you should purchase a spacer made for the purpose of being a silencer spacer, SilencerCo makes them for like $15.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I appreciate the information and the suggestions. The can should come out of the approval process soon.
    Thanks again..You guys are the best

Top Bottom