• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's an honorable goal to become Command Sergeant Major, but it will take you at least 15 years, and probably more like 20. :)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I Googled CSM and there is such a thing. But I read the description of a two day course that is offered to become one and I still don’t have a clue what the hell a CSM is !

Perhaps the OP could enlighten us !

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Circumcision Safety Monitor

I guess someones got to do it. :dunno:
    Do you have to mark out the incision too?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Scrum is a form of project management that is hip and cool (and also doesn't require a billion hours of on the job work before you take the test, like PMPs do).

So . . . . . SCM is a title you can get without having to really do anything other than take a two day correspondence course ? Is this something that grew out of the “everybody gets a trophy in Little League ?”

Next question - what the hell is a PMP ?

I am so glad I am not a card carrying member of the work force anymore.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    So . . . . . SCM is a title you can get without having to really do anything other than take a two day correspondence course ? Is this something that grew out of the “everybody gets a trophy in Little League ?”

Next question - what the hell is a PMP ?

I am so glad I am not a card carrying member of the work force anymore.

Project Management Professional. Basically, they can make gantt charts really well. But you need some ridiculous amount of hours (4,500) of project management before you can sit for the test.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Project Management Professional. Basically, they can make gantt charts really well. But you need some ridiculous amount of hours (4,500) of project management before you can sit for the test.

Just like many other professions though, a piece of paper does not a GOOD Project Manager make! Those ridiculous number of hours actually do have some value. The piece of paper is just a bargaining chip when you start talking salary and benefits.

To answer the original question though, search INDEED, MONSTER or any of the other job sites out there to see if the certification has any value. How many employers require it? I picked up a new piece of paper last year and in my field it's highly coveted. I get unsolicited job offers regularly now and if the right one (read beaches and palm trees nearby) crosses my desk I will give SERIOUS consideration to uprooting and starting over even at this late time in my life.

Top Bottom