• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    LT 1050 I bought brand new 243 hrs on it and now it's got a broken block from who knows what, oil was good and I didn't hit anything. TSC wants $1200 for a new engine on a mower that was $2000 four years ago (three year warranty) looks like I found another product I will run down every time it comes up in conversation. I am so sick of buying crap that won't last. I think I'm going to look for something made in the sixties by people that took pride in having a job for a company that didn't threaten to move the factory to lowwageturdsvilleistan every time contract time comes up. :noway: :twocents:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    :twocents:Small Engine Warehouse in Dunkirk, IN, may be able to hook u up engine wise for less money. They have just about everything engine wise. Was formerly Padgett Sales. Good luck.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have a thread on here about a cub cadet and a head gasket blowing. shop said the engine was junk and couldnt be fixed. i pulled the valves off and go to the clyinder and found a huge chunk of head gasket missing.

this engine didnt give any notice it was going to crap out. just leaked some oil and that was it. (yea that should of been a clue) parts on order, but it looks like it may be a couple weeks.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    LT 1050 I bought brand new 243 hrs on it and now it's got a broken block from who knows what, oil was good and I didn't hit anything. TSC wants $1200 for a new engine on a mower that was $2000 four years ago (three year warranty) looks like I found another product I will run down every time it comes up in conversation. I am so sick of buying crap that won't last. I think I'm going to look for something made in the sixties by people that took pride in having a job for a company that didn't threaten to move the factory to lowwageturdsvilleistan every time contract time comes up. :noway: :twocents:

I pay a landscaper to do all my lawn work, but my friends that do their own lawns say this is the best mower Best residential zero turn lawnmowers | lawn mowers for residential use | commercial riding mowers(riding lawn mowers) | industrial lawn mowers- Dixiechopper.com

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My Craftsmen bailed on me a few years ago and I ran into the same problem. Replacing the engine was going to cost almost as much as a whole new mower. I bought a Deere and gave the other one away on Craigslist.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    It's 26 hp kohler hydrostatic drive. Interesting thing about the engine. A couple of years ago it got card from a lawyer, kohler overstated the horsepower an the new ones have 24hp engines in them. Actually for what they want for a motor I could a smal block in it with enough money eft over to buy an ak

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I bought a Cub lt1040 last summer and the engine started knocking with just 7 hrs on it. Kohler 19 hp.
    I always thought Kohler was good stuff..........maybe not.
    My new engine (replaced under warranty) now has 40 hrs on it. Hope it lasts.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    thanks for the link the small engine warehouse has them for the low price of $1465.00 plus $79 shipping. For now someone is going to mow my grass for $40.00.
    Wow, that was a lot of money. I wouldn't have suggested SEW if I thought they were that high on their prices.:rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    LT 1050 I bought brand new 243 hrs on it and now it's got a broken block . . .
    I don't understand why you are complaining about Cub Cadet.

You blew the engine, that is made by Kohler, not Cub.

Shouldn't you be complaining about Kohler engines?

FWIW, the John Deere lawn tractors use Kohler engines too (or at least they used to).

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

FWIW, the John Deere lawn tractors use Kohler engines too (or at least they used to).

I'm not a fan of Kohler engines. My Ariens zero turn has a 17hp Kohler that I have to use starting fluid when it's below 50 degrees. There just isn't enough cranking power to get it to start below that. Almost like the engine is cranking peanut butter. I put the recommended oil in it and it's still that way.

I don't think I'll ever buy another small engine that isn't a Honda.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud

Excellent idea! KOHLER ENGINES THE SUCKIEST cub cadet only slightly less suck. Thank you for re-ordering the world all is better now, somewhere a baby unicorn just grew his horn.:patriot:

Top Bottom