• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not sure what more I can say. I can't legally smoke it. I can't legally say I smoked it. I can't legally even hold it. I can't even legally say it burned evenly all the way down to where I burnt my fingers enjoying the very last little bits of its flavor.

I will say, that if I ever had the legal ability to rate Cuban cigars that I would rate the Bolivar brand as the best of the best . . . that is if I could ever smoke one. :whistle:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Good thing you can't do all those things, or you might tell us what we're all missing out on, then where would we be?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Cuban Embargo has worked soooo well. We could kill them off in half a decade if we dropped it. And Melensdad would get all those yummy cigars he wants. I was always partial to the Romeo y Julietta's when I lived overseas and indulged.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Make sure you post some pictures of your cruise to the bahamas! got to love those cubans( or so I have been told)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I couldn't ever get used to the Monte Christo 1 or 2, Punch, etc. I guess it's all what you get used to.
    I don't have access to the Bolivar often so I settle for what I can get. It's not a bad way to settle.
    Hypothetically that is.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Not sure what more I can say. I can't legally smoke it. I can't legally say I smoked it. I can't legally even hold it. I can't even legally say it burned evenly all the way down to where I burnt my fingers enjoying the very last little bits of its flavor.

I will say, that if I ever had the legal ability to rate Cuban cigars that I would rate the Bolivar brand as the best of the best . . . that is if I could ever smoke one. :whistle:
    Thanks for the review. I will have to look for them on our next vacation to Punta Cana. I have been hooked on the Cohiba Siglos but I will give the Bolivar a try if our resort has them.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You are all bad, bad people, questioning our benevolent government's sensible embargo of the evil people of the People's Republic of Cuba. You should be ashamed.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just a reminder to those of you talking about smoking cigars outside the US. It is still illegal for American citizens to smoke Cuban cigars in other countries.

All politicians think they have to pander to the Cuban vote since the state of Florida is very important. I have read articles in some of the cigar mags. The Cuban-Americans still think they are going to get all of their lands back if they can just get rid of Castro.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I am not saying that I've ever seen a Bolivar Belicosos Finos, and I am not saying that I've ever smoked one, but I can say that if I ever could legally that it would be an amazing experience. Every time.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I wouldn't just smoke them while on vacation out of country if I new I could trust one of those mail order Cuban Cigars sites that I find when I google search Cuban Cigars. But for now I will just have to settle for what I smoke while on vacation and the few I bring back in the cargo pockets of my khakis. My making this post isn't a hint for anyone that uses a good mail order cigar importer for Cubans to PM me a link or anything.;)

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The Cuban Embargo has worked soooo well. We could kill them off in half a decade if we dropped it. And Melensdad would get all those yummy cigars he wants. I was always partial to the Romeo y Julietta's when I lived overseas and indulged.

Romeo y Julietta 7" 47 ring. :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Romeo y Julietta 7" 47 ring. :rockwoot:

That might be a "Churchill"

For those interested in cigar shapes here is a brief description.

Belvedere, Ascot, Demitasse – about 3 to 5 inches long with a ring gauge between 30 and 36 (~1/2 inch). Smoking time 15-20 minutes.
    Petite Corona – about 4 1/2 to 5 inches long and a ring gauge between 40 and 42 (~6/10 inch). Smoking time 25 minutes.
    Robusto or Rothschild – about 4 1/2 inches in length and a ring gauge of about 48 (~3/4 inch). Smoking time 25-40 minutes.
    Corona – about 5 1/2 inches long and a ring gauge of 42 (~7/10 inch). Smoking time 30-45 minutes.
    Corona Extra or Corona Royale - about 5 3/4 inches long and a ring gauge between 44 and 46 (~7/10 inch). Smoking time 40 minutes.
    Panatela – about 6 to 6 1/2 inches long with a ring gauge between 34 and 39 (~1/2 inch). Smoking time 35-45 minutes.
    Lonsdale - about 6 inches long and a ring gauge of about 43 (~7/10 inch). Smoking time 45-50 minutes.
    Corona Grandes - about 6 to 6 ½ inches long and a ring gauge between 44 and 46 (~7/10 inch). Smoking time 45 minutes.
    Churchill - about 7 inches long with a ring gauge of 47 to 48 (~3/4 inch). Smoking time 45-60 minutes.
    Double Corona, Long Pamatela - about 7 1/2 to 8 inches long and a ring gauge of 49 to 52 (~8/10 inch). Smoking time 45-60 minutes.
    Gigante, Presidente, or Immensa - about 8 1/2 inches long and a ring gauge of 52 (~8/10 inch). Smoking time 60-90 minutes.

Uncommon Cigar Shapes

Belicoso - about 6 inches long and a ring gauge of 48 (~3/4 inch) with a pointed cone shaped head.
    Petite Belicoso - about 5 inches long and a ring gauge of 40 (~6/10 inch) with a pointed cone shaped head.
    Pyramid - about 6 to 7 inches long and tapers down from a ring gauge of 52 (~8/10 inch) at the foot and 42 (~7/10 inch) at the head with a pointed, cone shaped head. Smoking time 45-60 minutes.
    Torpedo – varies in length and ring gauge. Has a pointed cone shaped head, bulge in the body, and a relatively flat foot.
    Culebra – Three cigars each 5 to 6 inches long with a ring gauge of 34 (~1/2 inch) that are intertwined. The cigars have to be unwound to be smoked. In order to avoid breakage, cigars must be very well humidified.

Top Bottom