• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's continuing education time again.

And I just learned that failure to display the HUD-approved fair housing logo is an implicit admission that I am in violation of federal fair housing laws. No, I didn't forget my purple.

I. Hate. Stupid.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's a gem.

When a person asks me about the racial/religious/etc make-up of a particular area or neighborhood, the acceptable answer is

"The Fair Housing Act prohibits me from providing that kind of information. I recommend you contact the school district, municipal government, or the local library."

Rep to the person who can pinpoint the hypocrisy in this "acceptable" response.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Here's a gem.

When a person asks me about the racial/religious/etc make-up of a particular area or neighborhood, the acceptable answer is

LOL! I'd guess those are 3 groups which are not supposed to track such information.

BTW, your signature always reminds me of the time a customer told me "we Gingers need to stick together" I expected her to follow up with "so we can steal more souls." lol

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Here's a gem.

"The Fair Housing Act prohibits me from providing that kind of information. I recommend you contact the school district, municipal government, or the local library."

It's public census data.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Question for the "general public:" Were you aware that there were two different licensee statuses for real estate practitioners (broker and salesperson)? Did such a distinction matter to you in your choice of a practitioner to represent you? IOW, did you care if your practitioner was licensed as a broker or salesperson or did it not matter?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I just want somebody that knows WTF they're doing; I don't want to have to do the research to distinguish the differences between two titles I've never heard of. A "broker" can't sell me something? Get me a hammer and help me aim it at my head. So, what befalls those who are in violation of fair housing laws? It's one of those things where it's impossible to do business while in violation, right?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Fair Housing violations are a big deal. They carry hefty fines and can result in license revocation. Of course, anyone can claim discrimination and the default is to assume guilt. The licensee's hearing is generally to prove he's innocent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is this part of the new registration regulations. I do not remember this when we had rentals. I had some issues with those we would not rent to for obvious reasons (thugs/drugs/bugs) but not the HUD thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's continuing education time again.

And I just learned that failure to display the HUD-approved fair housing logo is an implicit admission that I am in violation of federal fair housing laws. No, I didn't forget my purple.

I. Hate. Stupid.
    Add this to the already considerable list of reasons why I never wanted to get into the landlord business. I don't know how my friends retain their sanity.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Is this part of the new registration regulations. I do not remember this when we had rentals. I had some issues with those we would not rent to for obvious reasons (thugs/drugs/bugs) but not the HUD thing.
    No, for real estate licensure. Wouldn't be so bad but they get things wrong. And it perpetuates ignorance. Drives me crazy.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's a gem.

The hypocrisy is that I am prohibited from sharing the information in an effort to prevent discrimination. However, all of the acceptable sources of information are government sources. So I can't "discriminate," but government can.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't see how you can tolerate being a landlord.

Rules/Regulations are driving a lot of small business owners out.

The gaming rules and alcohol rules drive me crazy.

Top Bottom