• ...and so much more!
  • Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm looking to join a club and i'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Marion County Fish and Game or called Indy Range I think. Or are there any other Marion County clubs I should think about? Any feedback would be appreciated.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Check out our web page, located in my signature line as a link. I've been a member for years and I think its a great club. We host numerous shooting sport events and keep a well maintained range for members to use. If you'd like a tour sometime, I think I can make that happen.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    ^^^^^ What he said

what Type of shooting do you prefer. The club does not allow rifle calibers to be shot at the range only handgun calibers. There is a list on the website.

They have a Trap shoot every Thursday. and a steel shoot every other friday through the summer and once a month in the winter. along with many others.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Right now I only care about pistol caliber because that is all I own. But once I get taxes, that will be another story. Is there another club I should think about that does allow rifle caliber?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not in the immediate area there is not. For any kind of distance rifle shooting you'd have to go to atterbury, wildcat valley etc. Those are an hour or so away....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    MCFG is really the nicest range around. It's well ran, great members, and the board members are nice too.
    Lots of great events are held.

It's worth it. The only downside is that you can't shoot rifle calibers. But, honestly, pistols are much more fun anyway. I'm wanting to buy a 22 rifle just so I can take advantage of the 100 yard range.

OH! The new pistol bays are kickass awesome too! And they also allow you to shoot at steel!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I belong to both MCFG and Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club outside of Anderson for that very reason. MCFG is great and close to my office. Always seems to have available shooting room on one of the ranges. The addition of the additional bays that are open even during most events is very helpful. FCVCC might be a bit of a haul for you but they currently have up to a 100 yard rifle range. FALL CREEK VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB and have some plans in the works to expand to longer distances. Both clubs have great members and are reasonably priced. In fact if you join MCFG in October you get two months free as your membership will last until the following December 31st.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    There is also Danville conservation club for rifles. BUT, they are slow fire only (1 shot from the LINE ever 3 seconds) so it becomes a pain if there are multiple people on the line. and you can only shoot paper targets last time I checked.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Is camp atterbury free?

Atterbury charges $6/hour for a shooting lane, you can have multiple shooters (one at a time) on a lane. They have a pistol range (7-15-25 yards) and 50 yrd and 100yrd rifle ranges.

They also have from what I have heard a pretty nice shot gun range, but I haven't been over there & don't know the prices of it.

Atterbury Shooting Complex

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    MCG&G holds membership meetings the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7:30PM but you should show up at 7:00PM to start your paperwork, ask any questions and take a look around the grounds. All the firing lines will be shut down at 7:30 for the orientation but if you want to walk around before then, remember to bring eye and ear protection.

I give a club orientation and safety meeting starting at 7:30 after which a vote is taken to accept new members and you are given your membership.

As stated previously if you join in October or later, your dues are good for the remainder of the year as well as the following year. So you can get up to three months "free" with your 2012 membership.

You can read all about the club at the website and you can print and fill out the application ahead of time from the Membership page.

Hope to see you there.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Sounds like a good deal. Nervous about the 'vote to join' though.

Didn't mean to make ya nervous. It's pretty simple:

President: "All in favor of approving new members"
    Members: "Aye"
    President: "Any opposed"
    Members: "Nay"
    President: "All new members accepted. Welcome".

Yes, it is a great club and the Board and many members are always improving the facilities.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If they voted me in, they'll let anyone in. :):

Seriously it is a great club, it is well run and maintained with some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.

Your spouse and family is included in the membership as well so it is a great place to take the family for an afternoon of "hunting paper"...

This is my second year in the club and I can honestly say it is money well spent. Come to the meeting and check it out.

-Drew

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I'm looking to join a club and i'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Marion County Fish and Game or called Indy Range I think. Or are there any other Marion County clubs I should think about? Any feedback would be appreciated.

If you decide to join MCF&G, you'll save time at the meeting by downloading, printing, and filling out the forms ahead of time.

By the way, great club. I'm certainly glad I joined.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm a member of MCF&G. Its a very nice facility and getting better all the time. I have not been down much this year, but will be rectifying that soon as I'm picking up an AA kit for 1 of my Glocks and hopefully a 15-22 soon, so that I can shoot often and cheap.

As others have said I make the trip to Atterbury for centerfire rifle.

Top Bottom