• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    A situation last night got me thinking. We are unable to live in our house and are living in hotels antil next Monday. I have a LTCH but my wife does not. I work 3rd shift so I left my handgun with her at the hotel room due to her request and mine because of some shady neighbors. I got to thinking about the legality of this. I know you dont have to have a permit for a gun at home and the hotel room is not our property but technically it is our residence for the night. My families safety is paramount so the gun would be left eitherway but I was just curious.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's considered your "residence" while you rent the room.

Just like if you were renting a house or apartment.

Only thing is, though, that she can't leave the room with it without a LTCH.

-J-

elcoqui814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Wow, never thought of this. Are these laws different for each state? I feel some states would be more strict then others. I live in Va. beach, they seem tough on some things but I can see how they would make this a huge deal. I am new to guns and gun laws, still learning. Where do you go to check out some of the do's and dont's?

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Wow, never thought of this. Are these laws different for each state? I feel some states would be more strict then others. I live in Va. beach, they seem tough on some things but I can see how they would make this a huge deal. I am new to guns and gun laws, still learning. Where do you go to check out some of the do's and dont's?
    the state police website is not a bad place to start as well a books written by lawyers about the particular state (make sure it was recently written) and of course reading state law code, which is often hard to read legal jargon why its better to get a book written by a lawyer who breaks it down. and for indiana law. you can always check INGO's frequently asked questions page.

We have a FAQ?

oh and welcome

elcoqui814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    the state police website is not a bad place to start as well a books written by lawyers about the particular state (make sure it was recently written) and of course reading state law code, which is often hard to read legal jargon why its better to get a book written by a lawyer who breaks it down. and for indiana law. you can always check INGO's frequently asked questions page.

We have a FAQ?

oh and welcome

Haha, thanks man. I'll check it out.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I still subscribe to the notion "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I like Vermont and Alaska's idea that you can carry legally w/o ccw as long as you are legally entitled to

Top Bottom