• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Anyone considering utilizing a laser target system for practice. Understanding you would have to cock the hammer for every shot, anyone see any value in them? Seems like it might make dry fire mor interestin.

Thanks

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I’ve had and use a sirt pistol for a while now. I solely use this for accuracy practice but often times track draw and first “round” on target. I recently downloaded the mantis laser academy app (free) then printed out the mantis targets (free) and it is a game changer. I mount my phone on a little tripod in front of the Target and it picks up and records your shots on target as well a shot timer feature.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Big fan of the LaserLyte system here. Got into it as a new shooter years ago after getting frustrated about wasting good ammo at the range. With just a bit of practice I was able to break some bad flinching habits and learn valuable trigger discipline, and my new muscle memory was rewarded at the range. For me it continues to be a great investment.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Big fan of the LaserLyte system here. Got into it as a new shooter years ago after getting frustrated about wasting good ammo at the range. With just a bit of practice I was able to break some bad flinching habits and learn valuable trigger discipline, and my new muscle memory was rewarded at the range. For me it continues to be a great investment.
    I was looking into the Itarget I think it is, what appeals to me is you use your actual hand gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I spent time buying components instead of ammunition. Primers, powder, bullets, and brass.
    IMO that was smarter because I can load up as much as I want, and save the rest for later use. I'll buy ammunition only when it is cheaper than loading my own and for a long time certain calibers was actually cheaper to buy than reload. 9mm, 556 to name a few calibers. Before Biden, Chinese virus, BLM and Antifa riots.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Airsoft. Replicas of many popular firearms exist. Ammo is cheap and reusable. Can practice trigger control and sight alignment all day long. Easiest way to learn to point shoot!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Airsoft. Replicas of many popular firearms exist. Ammo is cheap and reusable. Can practice trigger control and sight alignment all day long. Easiest way to learn to point shoot!
    I'm still shooting live ammo so I haven't decided on any additional training systems. I don't like that you have to manually cycle the slide with most of them. The SIRT would be a consideration if I was to buy something.

I have also been intrigued with Airsoft.

For me, if components don't become plentiful again and at reasonable prices, once I'm done with what I have, I'll be done shooting. So I don't want to invest right now in anything if I will be taking up another sport in the near future.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    I have used a SIRT Glock and SIRT AR bolt for years. You can do situational training, not just target practice. I'm a big fan. You can turn your home into a shoot house. If your wife tolerates that stuff like mine.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    I spent time buying components instead of ammunition. Primers, powder, bullets, and brass.
    IMO that was smarter because I can load up as much as I want, and save the rest for later use. I'll buy ammunition only when it is cheaper than loading my own and for a long time certain calibers was actually cheaper to buy than reload. 9mm, 556 to name a few calibers. Before Biden, Chinese virus, BLM and Antifa riots.

If you factor the time spent, it is quite expensive to reload, not sure I can place an exact figure but I generally can't find the time without giving up something else that is either lucrative or with the family.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    If you factor the time spent, it is quite expensive to reload, not sure I can place an exact figure but I generally can't find the time without giving up something else that is either lucrative or with the family.
    Choices are just that. 2-3 hours in front of the tv watching sports or loading ammo? I don't waste time watching "professional athletes" that protest this country. Shooting is a choice, make the commitment or not it is entirely up to the individual.

Top Bottom