• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have acquired 2 of the fancy new Black Wilson HD ETM "super mags" with metal followers. Not really sure what the fuss is all about. My brother splurged on them because he lost his 1911 mags during a move. They would not lock into his gun! Since he ordered them online and return would be a hassle, I just handed him 4 of the newest magazines in my pile and tossed his in my bag. Both mags loaded and fired fine in the gun I happened to have in the bag.

Just stick with the good ol Wilson ETMs for an 8 round mag and keep fresh springs and followers in them. If your gun doesn't have a magwell you might consider swapping out the base pads.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have acquired 2 of the fancy new Black Wilson HD ETM "super mags" with metal followers. Not really sure what the fuss is all about. My brother splurged on them because he lost his 1911 mags during a move. They would not lock into his gun! Since he ordered them online and return would be a hassle, I just handed him 4 of the newest magazines in my pile and tossed his in my bag. Both mags loaded and fired fine in the gun I happened to have in the bag.

Just stick with the good ol Wilson ETMs for an 8 round mag and keep fresh springs and followers in them. If your gun doesn't have a magwell you might consider swapping out the base pads.

Funny you mention that, I did snag a magwell just have to install it!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Funny you mention that, I did snag a magwell just have to install it!

The ETMs have a longer tube and hang out the buttom of the gun a bit. The plastic ETM base plates are flared out and should fit the magwells and do not add additional length. They look goofy on a gun with no magwell.

edit: looks like the wilson site no longer lists the service mag plus. I had excellent luck with that magazine in lightweight, short 1911s. My guess is the replacement will be that 47d HD with metal basepad.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Cool wilson mags are slick! I haven't had any problems yet, even with the factory colt mags! :) I had forgotten how much I loved running a 1911, wow! That magwell should make mag changes quicker too.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Cool wilson mags are slick! I haven't had any problems yet, even with the factory colt mags! :) I had forgotten how much I loved running a 1911, wow! That magwell should make mag changes quicker too.

Hamfisted Geezer with your beer can reloads. I true operator doesn't need a magwell. That is why Glocks don't have those. :alcoholic:

Top Bottom