• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    So I stopped playing with my cowboy guns long enough to get some work done on my AK kits that have sat idle for a few months. I drilled and riveted today for the AMD-63 UF to get the trunnions and trigger guard installed. I need to drill and ream the FCG pins (5mm and 7mm) and install the barrel. After that I can heat treat the FCG holes and ejector and finish off the barrel. If winter is cold like this weekend, I'll have this project and my AMD-65 done very soon.

attachment.php

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I do not. I have a heat inductor for spot heating

I had to ask. I'm spot heat treating with my MAPP torch this weekend, if weather allows, on 3 receivers. My bucket of salt water is already filled.

I'm filming the entire process for my channel to help people after an AK party with a built reciver.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I had to ask. I'm spot heat treating with my MAPP torch this weekend, if weather allows, on 3 receivers. My bucket of salt water is already filled.

I'm filming the entire process for my channel to help people after an AK party with a built reciver.
    Heat treat video is appreciated! :)

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I've got a 20ton harbor freight press setting in the back of the truck. Need to make time this weekend to put it together. I'm also interested in the alternative heat treat process and will look forward to the video.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Nice AK-63d build, Hungarians parts kits were some of the best for the money.
    I have an original barrel AK-63d that inrange built on a 74u LLC reciever.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I need to rivet the AMD-65 this morning first, but here is the lineup. I now have 4 receivers waiting for the torch. It's cold outside but not snowing or raining so heat treating is a go.

attachment.php

Top Bottom