• ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Congress is* in session - The Washington Post

Seems funny to see that congress sessions these days will only last a few minutes. Say a prayer, a pledge of allegiance, then school's out. It's obvious they are doing this to prevent Obama from taking additional executive actions if congress were in recess. Also, it is the least productive congress in our history, by a long shot. When I say productive, I don't simply mean counting the laws they pass. They also haven't repealed much too. Do they think we are at the best point in America, laws-wise? Nothing needs to be passed or repealed? This is just another sad reminder that the people who represent us are more concerned with the next election rather than doing meaningful work, whether it be passing or repealing laws.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    As of late any legislation passed by these bastards tends to increase the state, not decrease it.

I'm glad they aren't more "productive".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Considering they tend to make the hairball bigger and more entangled, a do-nothing congress may be the best we could hope for. :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I tend to agree. At this stage gridlock is good. The less congress does the less they can screw up the economy.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Frankly, about the only thing I care to see these SOBs take up at this point is a dissolution of the central state and a return to the Articles of Confederation.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You still believe in Santa Clause too, don't you? :laugh: Just kidding. That would be better but it's as rare as hen's teeth.

You are right. I guess I'm more frustrated with the lack of any work being done. I mean, not every law passed is a bad one. I think we can all agree that we like laws being passed that expand or strengthen our freedoms, and we can't even get that done.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't ever seem to ever get to talk to a politician while he's running for office. But I've often thought a good question to ask, maybe after s/he lists all the legislation they'd like to add to the pile, is list all the existing legislation they plan on culling. My guess is all you'd get is crickets.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've said it before. All these legislatards go in promising what they'll "do", implying adding more laws for us to labor under. If there were a requirement that each one proposed a repeal which is passed before any new ones that session be proposed, then another repealed before anything new be passed, plus an automatic sundown on any new ones, we'd keep our legislature busy with little further damage, and even begin to heal.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Like a DRAMATICALLY smaller and weaker central state to replace the dramatically overreaching and expansive state we are tolerating today.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Like a DRAMATICALLY smaller and weaker central state to replace the dramatically overreaching and expansive state we are tolerating today.

If you honestly think bringing back the Articles of Confederation will solve any problems, you need a history lesson. Pronto. Here, let me help you start off:

[video=youtube_share;QQtJNK5_8Uk]http://youtu.be/QQtJNK5_8Uk[/video]

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Seems funny to see that congress sessions these days will only last a few minutes. Say a prayer, a pledge of allegiance, then school's out. It's obvious they are doing this to prevent Obama from taking additional executive actions if congress were in recess.
    GOOD!

The objective should be to prevent the Liar-In-Chief taking action on anything.

At this point in time, it's better to let him sit stagnate, total gridlock, than to risk allowing him to move forward with anything. This POTUS can't be trusted to run an Easter Egg hunt without seriously damaging the Country.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Both sides know that anything they pass will die in the other chamber for strictly partisan reasons. Why bother?

It doesn't help that one side doesn't trust the chief executive to actually do anything they pass anyway. It's not a situation that will inspire productivity.

Top Bottom