• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i applied on november 2nd, checked cashed on november 16th. i dont have the cleanest record. in 1996 i ripped a tag off a pillow, and in 1997 i downloaded a song off the internet. so i am hoping that dosent cause any problems.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Applied on 12/20/12 and stiil waiting for LTCH. Also paid for a 5 year membership with the NRA 2 weeks later and still waiting for my membership package from them. They both got my money immediately. I can hardly wait to see who wins this snail race!
    I guess the long wait is due to many new applications, which is a good thing. So, I'm not gonna complain much.....YET.

Growler

My NRA membership package took about a month... AFTER it took 2 weeks for them to process it in the first place.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Wow I feel pretty lucky. Applied on 12/12/12 L1 with credit card and it only took 7 weeks and that included Christmas and New Years. This was with the Madison County Sheriff and a clear record. I heard that they were tightening up on their processes and that if you have an issues it will be really looked at.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just talked to my dad. He applied for his lifetime LTCH Oct. 03, 2012 and received it on Feb. 15,2013. He had let his previous license expire. Also, when applying for the new license, he made a mistake and did not send in enough money so he sent a money order and corrected that.

So in conclusion it took 4 1/2 months.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    My NRA membership package took about a month... AFTER it took 2 weeks for them to process it in the first place.

It took nearly 6 weeks to get my membership card. I still have not received the bag they said comes with it. I joined to support them in the 2nd amendment fight so wasn't worried about the card or the bag. It is kind of funny that it is taking that long to recieve that stuff but I started recieve mail immediately.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Most if us yes. The last I seen in here was they are just now working on apps that were filed 12-14-2012. That was about a week ago someone posted that.

ISP received my L1 app on 12/18. They approved it Tuesday 2/12. I believe they are up to the apps received on 12/20. If yours was received on the 14th, I would be calling to check on it. Provided a clean record.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    ISP received my L1 app on 12/18. They approved it Tuesday 2/12. I believe they are up to the apps received on 12/20. If yours was received on the 14th, I would be calling to check on it. Provided a clean record.

I believe you missread or I didn't come across very clear. I didn't fill me app out until January 2013 and not expecting my license for awhile. I was saying someone posted in the forum that they are currently working on 12/14/12. That statement was made about a week ago so I'm sure they are a little further along then they were by now.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I believe you missread or I didn't come across very clear. I didn't fill me app out until January 2013 and not expecting my license for awhile. I was saying someone posted in the forum that they are currently working on 12/14/12. That statement was made about a week ago so I'm sure they are a little further along then they were by now.

Micah, my apologies I must have...

Mine finally came today:rockwoot:

L1 12/12
    ISP received 12/18
    Approved 2/12
    In my hands 2/16

Off to make copies.

mulksman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    North of the Fort
    I have been following this thread for what seems like forever..... but figured this would be the perfect opportunity to say hello to everyone and post my timeline:

Applied online and paid state fees: 12/14/12
    L1 fingerprinting and paid local PD: 12/18/12
    Transmitted to ISP: 12/18/12
    License issued: 2/13/13
    Received in mail today: 2/16/13 :rockwoot:

Thank you to everyone for their updates along this journey and much patience to those who continue to wait! My life isn't going to seem the same without the daily ritual of slowly opening the mailbox only to be disappointed. I may have to find something odd to order from an obscure country on the other side of the world...... just to see how long it takes to get here????

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I spoke with Amber yesterday as it had been four weeks, and the recording indicates a four week wait for L1 apps. I asked to check on the status, and she asked when I had applied and what method, and she informed me that it was in fact a seven week wait, she then promptly hung up.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I spoke with Amber yesterday as it had been four weeks, and the recording indicates a four week wait for L1 apps. I asked to check on the status, and she asked when I had applied and what method, and she informed me that it was in fact a seven week wait, she then promptly hung up.

I havnt called but you made it sound like she was rude? I have been following this thread for awhile and your the first person that said that? Maybe she was just having a bad day? Everyone else said she was very helpful and nice??

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    I started mine in early October, did not go the L1 route as I didn't think I was in a hurry <o.k. and I'm what you might call thrifty> guess what! Still waiting. I have lived in 4 different states since adulthood so I am attributing it to that. This is also the first time I have tried to get a permit.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I havnt called but you made it sound like she was rude? I have been following this thread for awhile and your the first person that said that? Maybe she was just having a bad day? Everyone else said she was very helpful and nice??

I wouldn't say rude so much as frustrated and not especially willing to help. It didn't especially bother me because I'm certain she's getting calls from people constantly who have been waiting far less than their estimated times. I only called and spoke to a person because according to their recording I should have had my LTCH. I'm sure she was just having a bad day. I got the information I needed so it's all good here!

david76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Well it's finally here

Applied online : 12/17/12
    paid state fees L1 fingerprinting and paid local PD: 12/18/12
    Transmitted to ISP: 12/18/12
    License issued: 2/11/13
    Received in mail today: 2/16/13

Now I need to fix the hole in the carpet I made from pacing around in circles for the last two months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom