• Status
    Not open for further replies.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    11 weeks on 23rd Apr. L1, clean record. it honestly scares me such a simple process can take this long. thank god govt is not responsible for my healthcare too!...............oh wait...

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    For my first post! Applied via internet on 1/21. L1 on 1/22 found out my app was recieved by ISP on 1/28 per a phone call I had made in March. LTCH issued 4/16 got it today 4/20! 11weeks and 1 day. I have a minor misdemeanor 13yrs ago. good luck keep the faith!

That's the fastest that I've seen or heard of....for an app with any kind of crim history !

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Did L1 on Jan 26, IMPD Jan 28, received on April 20. I looked in the mailbox everyday, went out of town, got home tonight, it was on the kitchen table. Nice way to come home.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    You people that did your apps in January/February and are all sad about waiting for so long make me sick! Ive been waiting since Nov and I still haven't received anything so suck on that!!!! :) (light purple implied)

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    My dad called me last night. He got his in the mail yesterday. He applied 3 weeks after me. I still have not received a returned email from ISP to the email I sent them weeks ago.

I'm starting to think Obama's say one thing and do another attitude is starting to speard threw the government.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    You people that did your apps in January/February and are all sad about waiting for so long make me sick! Ive been waiting since Nov and I still haven't received anything so suck on that!!!! :) (light purple implied)

I'm guessing that you did NOT go the L1 route then. ....right ?

I've heard of some non-L1 apps. .. taking that long if they had any kind of crim history. . at all .... But if you have a clean record I would be thinking that it possibly got lost or something ?:dunno:

My dad called me last night. He got his in the mail yesterday. He applied 3 weeks after me. I still have not received a returned email from ISP to the email I sent them weeks ago.

I'm starting to think Obama's say one thing and do another attitude is starting to speard threw the government.

I'd copy & paste that email & send it daily until you get an answer !

Rock99and9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    I don't know what it is about Hendricks Co. I did L1 there on 1-10 and paid HCSD same day. Still waiting. :dunno:

It does appear that the county or PD now seems to be the major hold-up in the process. :(

I also agree with others here Lectric, your service if for nothing else should put you at the head of the line. (Although, I personally feel your service to this country gives you a lifetime permit to carry in all 50. You wore the uniform to protect us, you NOW deserve to be able to protect yourself!)

Not to pile on to your agony but just to give the info:

Applied 1-12-13
    L-1 1-14-13
    Wayne County Sheriffs Dept. 1-16-13

LTCH Issued 4-12-13
    Received 4-18-13

(Clean record)

Thank you for your service Lectric, and everyone else who has served to protect us. :patriot:

I'm going to hang around this thread cheering the day your pink letter arrives. It will be soon!!

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    It does appear that the county or PD now seems to be the major hold-up in the process. :(

I also agree with others here Lectric, your service if for nothing else should put you at the head of the line. (Although, I personally feel your service to this country gives you a lifetime permit to carry in all 50. You wore the uniform to protect us, you NOW deserve to be able to protect yourself!)

Thank you, sir, for your kind words. It was, and remains, an honor and privilege to serve this great country. Having the opportunity to do it all again, I would be first in line.

I've maintained all along that it doesn't matter when you filed online or when you did L1, or Morpho Trust as it's now known. All that matters is when your local PD or SD transmitted your app. That is the "Lynchpin".

Cheers :thumbsup:

Rock99and9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    I've maintained all along that it doesn't matter when you filed online or when you did L1, or Morpho Trust as it's now known. All that matters is when your local PD or SD transmitted your app. That is the "Lynchpin".

I hadn't really thought much about it at the time or since but the person I talked with at the SD is my nieces grandmother, and I've known her for years. She told me they were supposed tell people 6 to 8 weeks, but expect 10-12 weeks. She said you wouldn't believe how many people are coming in. She also guessed as to why I was there when I walked in.

I suppose it's possible she made sure mine was sent in right away. My timeline indicates the 12 week normal wait I've seen others have.

Wow did I just say 12 week normal wait? Sorry...:oldwise:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    1/23/13 -
    My wife and I both did L1 + Marion County local today, new lifetime for her, renewal to lifetime for me. Electronic of all 4 fingers each hand, then individual digits each hand at L1. Electronic thumb and index of each hand at the City County Bldg. Lady at the desk was telling folks 4 weeks backup on L1.

3/23/13 - Nothing in the box yet. 4 weeks my ass.

Nada as of yesterday, 4/17/13. 13wks and counting.
    Just got off the phone with ISP, they followed up on the email I sent on 3/23. My wife's was issued on 4/17, mine on 4/18. The original followup email said that he (the officer I spoke to) couldn't find my application, but after talking to him today, he found it and we're all good to go. Will probably get it tomorrow or Monday.

Both arrived on Saturday. They've been hi-res scanned, full reprints, and a 92% reduction print for each. I had my wife sign her reduced copy last night and I'm headed to get them laminated today. Originals and full size reprints are in the gun safe.

Finally get to thin the wallet out since I've been carrying 2 receipts along with my (now expired) 4-year LTCH for 3 months.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon

Thank you for your service Lectric, and everyone else who has served to protect us. :patriot:

+1 :rockwoot:

:patriot:

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    FINALLY! Squeaky clean record, L1 I finally got my License To Carry today. My wife sent me a picture while I was at work. Raced home after my shift, Copied, laminated (by the way staples gave me no problems and less than $5 for 3 licenses laminated) then had Moes :D Great day.

Applied: 1/14
    Paid Local PD Cash: 1/14
    Fingerprints L1: 1/14
    Transmitted to ISP: 1/29
    Issued: 4/18
    Received: 4/20

Waited 13 weeks 5 days
    96 day wait :xmad:

But it's here.

See, this is what I dont understand. According to ISP, they received my app 1-24. I'm a clean record individual, L-1, and I still dont have my LTCH: yet you had your app in 5 days after mine and have received your LTCH (Grats BTW!).

Ugh. Typical I guess. If there is ONE thing that Gov't is good at, it is screwing everything up and causing those of us that follow the rules to a "T" a WHOLE bunch of grief.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Now I don't want to be making excuses for them, since Ive personally been waiting since Nov! But with instances like above .. I can guess that some of the results are like the NICS.. some may be delayed due to similar names to felons even if the person applying has a clean record they may have to make sure that the one applying isn't the felon.

Now I did have a snafu on my record and that had caused me to be delayed/denied by a NICS check in January. So I can understand my application for my LTCH to take a little longer than those who do not have nay history. BUT!!! I was able to get my NICS denial overturn in like 4-6 weeks!! I even had to mail in paper prints and some court papers! But it quickly got taken care of and I was able to pick up a new rifle this past weekend and I got the "all clear" from NICS with out any kind of delay.

So I want to know, why is it taking the ISP so long to deal with the same issue the FBI took care of months ago and how even with a record can it possibly take 6+ months to verify someone when it only took the FBI a month or so and that was relying on me to mail in prints after the fact along with court documents.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So I want to know, why is it taking the ISP so long to deal with the same issue the FBI took care of months ago and how even with a record can it possibly take 6+ months to verify someone when it only took the FBI a month or so and that was relying on me to mail in prints after the fact along with court documents.

Your quesstion is valid. I have aa business associate that waited right at 6 months, but he had more than one "blip" on his timeline aand even did some time, so I can't see why yours would take this long.

pmadera

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Waiting

November right along with you man! :popcorn:

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

Some how I over looked this post until someone quoted you. I had to chuckle when I read it. If you did it in November and have a clean record then you must have done paper prints. In that case I'm not sure if you are dummer then us for not paying the extra to speed things up OR if you are smarter then us for knowing we are dealing with the government and they don't get fast about anything lol:patriot:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Some how I over looked this post until someone quoted you. I had to chuckle when I read it. If you did it in November and have a clean record then you must have done paper prints. In that case I'm not sure if you are dummer then us for not paying the extra to speed things up OR if you are smarter then us for knowing we are dealing with the government and they don't get fast about anything lol:patriot:
    Now I don't want to be making excuses for them, since Ive personally been waiting since Nov! But with instances like above .. I can guess that some of the results are like the NICS.. some may be delayed due to similar names to felons even if the person applying has a clean record they may have to make sure that the one applying isn't the felon.

Now I did have a snafu on my record and that had caused me to be delayed/denied by a NICS check in January. So I can understand my application for my LTCH to take a little longer than those who do not have nay history. BUT!!! I was able to get my NICS denial overturn in like 4-6 weeks!! I even had to mail in paper prints and some court papers! But it quickly got taken care of and I was able to pick up a new rifle this past weekend and I got the "all clear" from NICS with out any kind of delay.

Yeah if you see my latest post I refer to my "snafu" .. But still, even with a criminal record ..6 MONTHS!?? I mean really?? All they have to do is call the county where the records are and verify the charges?? I mean unless you are a career criminal that has the best lawyer ever and you have 20+ felony charges all dropped to misdemeanors it shouldn't take more than a couple days to double check this info and either approve or deny the applicant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom