• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Glad to see so many posts of people reciving their LTCH
    I waited a 173 days for mine congrats to all hopefullyyour wait is shorter :ingo:

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    this sucks so bad. I did L1 and paid on Jan 29th. Clean record. What can I do besides wait and hope mey shwasn't lost or nmot ubmitted

ewburke07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Applied around Jan 20th. L1 identy solutions, Lafayette. Issued April 25th. Received May 2nd. Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff Dept. I also paid the extra $10 to expedite. Lifetime license. Right at about 14 weeks.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Found out something rather interesting when I got this reply to an email from ISP:

"Our information shows that you may have a criminal history.We must verify this information is correct. If it is, we must verify thedisposition of the event(s) in question. As soon as that task iscomplete, we will either issue you a permit or notify you by mail that you havebeen denied. (I do not have a specific date you will be complete.I understand you may not have a criminal history, we are verifying thatfact and will act accordingly.)"

Apparently, if you have fingerprints on file, it flags you and your app is yanked out of line for further review. I was printed at the Beech Grove PD over 25 years ago when I got my first LTCH and then again for a background check on a security clearance. So it seems I'm "In the system" and that explains the wait.

At least now I know they have my app. That's some consolation anyway.

The wait continues ............

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    Found out something rather interesting when I got this reply to an email from ISP:

"Our information shows that you may have a criminal history.We must verify this information is correct. If it is, we must verify thedisposition of the event(s) in question. As soon as that task iscomplete, we will either issue you a permit or notify you by mail that you havebeen denied. (I do not have a specific date you will be complete.I understand you may not have a criminal history, we are verifying thatfact and will act accordingly.)"

Apparently, if you have fingerprints on file, it flags you and your app is yanked out of line for further review. I was printed at the Beech Grove PD over 25 years ago when I got my first LTCH and then again for a background check on a security clearance. So it seems I'm "In the system" and that explains the wait.

At least now I know they have my app. That's some consolation anyway.

The wait continues ............

Well not necessarily the answer you wanted, but like you said, at least now you know your app wasnt lost and is at least "in the process".

I am kinda in the same situation, I got an answer, not the one I wanted, but like yours, my application is "in the process".

:patriot:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Is there an email that you guys are using to check the status?

None of the emails will give you YOUR specific status. They are simply "cut and paste" canned emails.

Here is what you will get when you send an email to the address listed on the ISP site:

We are receiving a large amountof emails asking for their status. Most give the date they applied as areference. The date of application only starts the process. It is the date weactually receive all the information that we need to locate information on yourapplication. When you apply that is only one of the steps. There is the localcheck and fingerprints. When you send the prints in by mail, there is anapplication, fingerprint card and money order in the envelope you (or PD) mailsto the bank. The bank cashes the money order and sends the application and theverification of payment to us. That is the date we need to locate your application.There can be weeks or even Months between when you apply and when we receivethe application. After we receive it (it comes from the bank in bundles) it isfiled in order received. Currently it takes 8 weeks for us to beginprocessing the electronic fingerprints and 16 weeks if you mailed theapplication and prints to us.

If you call the number on theback of the money order, the bank can tell you when the money order was cashed.That will estimate the time we would receive it. Add 8 weeks if electronicfingerprinting was the service you chose (this is electronically submittedfingerprints NOT the application process on line), and;

Add 16 weeks if you mailed them.Your license will be issued the same day we begin processing it, if you have noprevious arrest. If you have an arrest that was either dismissed,not filed, or deferred etc., the processing time will be delay substantially.All criminal convictions will be reviewed as well.

If you find the time hassubstantially passed from the date the money order was cashed by 18 to 20weeks, we will attempt to resolve the issue. Prior to that, we may not haveeven begun to process it. Do not forget to include your date of birth whenresponding in the future.

Regards,

Mark S.(Butch) Michael, Sergeant

Indiana State Police

Firearms Section/Rm302

100 N. Senate Ave.

Indianapolis, In. 46204

See the Firearms Section's FAQpage for more info on Indiana handgun laws at: http://www.in.gov/isp/2788.htm .

Good luck and happy waiting. You might buy a good book (or two) for the wait.

Oh, and it will take 2 weeks to get this response to your initial email.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom