• Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I got my lifetime LTCH today, exactly 90 days after applying. I upgraded from my 4 year, which expired yesterday. My BIL upgraded to a lifetime 4 days before I did, and got his monday.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Absolutely! And I'm sure that on a site with what, 30,000 members, there is a very good chance someone else may be waiting for a renewal to come in the mail. Yes, there is a thread about renewing a LTCH, but this thread "current LTCH wait" would be an obvious place to look regardless of someone applying for the first time, or renewing.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Go to the Indiana State Police website and click on Firearms Licensing (left side of screen) and then Contact Us.

None of the emails will give you YOUR specific status. They are simply "cut and paste" canned emails.

Here is what you will get when you send an email to the address listed on the ISP site:

" We are receiving a large amount of emails asking for their status. Most give the date they applied as a reference. The date of application only starts the process. It is the date we actually receive all the information that we need to locate information on your application. When you apply that is only one of the steps. There is the local check and fingerprints. When you send the prints in by mail, there is an application, fingerprint card and money order in the envelope you (or PD) mails to the bank. The bank cashes the money order and sends the application and the verification of payment to us. That is the date we need to locate your application.There can be weeks or even Months between when you apply and when we receive the application. After we receive it (it comes from the bank in bundles) it is filed in order received. Currently it takes 8 weeks for us to begin processing the electronic fingerprints and 16 weeks if you mailed the application and prints to us.

If you call the number on theback of the money order, the bank can tell you when the money order was cashed.That will estimate the time we would receive it. Add 8 weeks if electronic fingerprinting was the service you chose (this is electronically submittedfingerprints NOT the application process on line), and;

Add 16 weeks if you mailed them.Your license will be issued the same day we begin processing it, if you have no previous arrest. If you have an arrest that was either dismissed,not filed, or deferred etc., the processing time will be delay substantially.All criminal convictions will be reviewed as well.

If you find the time has substantially passed from the date the money order was cashed by 18 to 20weeks, we will attempt to resolve the issue. Prior to that, we may not have even begun to process it. Do not forget to include your date of birth when responding in the future.

Regards,

Mark S.(Butch) Michael, Sergeant

Indiana State Police

Firearms Section/Rm302

100 N. Senate Ave.

Indianapolis, In. 46204

See the Firearms Section's FAQpage for more info on Indiana handgun laws at: ISP: Firearms FAQs . "

Good luck and happy waiting. You might buy a good book (or two) for the wait.

Oh, and it will take 2 weeks to get this response to your initial email.

Last edited:

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    I GOT ME SOME PINK! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Finally.

My timeline to help those still waiting.....

Applied online 1-7-13. Paid via credit card - no money order.
    L1 prints 1-8-13.
    Paid local PD in cash on 1-8-13.

Found out at a much later date that my local PD waited until 2-11-13 to transmit my app to ISP. Only reason they gave me for the delay was that "they were busy with the number of apps they received". SOOOOO, my "clock" did not actually start until 2-11-13, 5 weeks after I applied and paid.

Pink slip issued 5-13-13, received 5-15-13. Was in my mailbox 13 weeks and 2 days after my local PD submitted the app, 18 weeks and 1 day after I applied online.

For those that have not yet received theirs, and have been waiting for as long as I have, I implore you to contact your local PD and ask them to tell you when THEY submitted your app to ISP. I did just that so at least I knew my app hadnt been lost somewhere and it was actually being processed.

Hang in there friends.

I'm gonna go celebrate by strapping my 1911 to my forehead and walk around town for a 'lil bit. :patriot: :D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm not sure that is the case. Mine is a renew to lifetime (should have done it about 4 times ago) and nothing along the way has indicated any different wait times, etc.

I actually have heard that wait times are a little shorter for renewals, but it is what it is, word of mouth. I do know a lady who applied for her lifetime back in late December, first time applying, and just got hers yesterday, meaning it took a month and a half longer than my wait.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It makes sense. It takes less time to say "yep, still eligible" instead of Who the hell is this clown and should we give him one?"

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Gangsters get to carry there's illegally. Why can't I carry mine legally? Clean record paid and L1 Jan 29th. I believe you should be able to carry during wait if you've never done anything wrong!!!

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Finally!

7sDmOoh.jpg

Can't really believe it to be honest... :rockwoot:

L-1 on 1/15/13
    Local on 1/22/13
    MO cashed on 1/28/13
    Issued 5/14/13
    Recieved 5/16/13

Just wondering, anyone in Carmel find a place to copy?

Hang in there everyone else! :patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom