• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    But an endorsement on your state ID or DL would mean having to show your state ID or DL, which you don't have to show if your stopped for carrying. You only have to show an LTCH.

I doubt that. If a LEO pulls you for carrying, I'm betting you'll need to produce "government issued ID", i.e. D/L. How else would he know you are who you say you are ?

I don't intend to find out either way. ;)

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I doubt that. If a LEO pulls you for carrying, I'm betting you'll need to produce "government issued ID", i.e. D/L. How else would he know you are who you say you are ?

I don't intend to find out either way. ;)
    You would lose that bet. You must only give your LTCH (if it's in your posession) barring that then you could give your DL/ID and they could verify that way. You are under no obligation to provide anything other than an LTCH....unless of course that isn't on your person.

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    You would lose that bet. You must only give your LTCH (if it's in your posession) barring that then you could give your DL/ID and they could verify that way. You are under no obligation to provide anything other than an LTCH....unless of course that isn't on your person.
    But then, how would the cop know if you are the person listed on the LTCH? It seems like it would be reasonable to request a photo id.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Well i can tell everyone not to bother going downtown to find out about your permit. Its just as worthless as the phone or e-mail. the way the lady made it sound she is the only person working on them. Even standing there she says theres no way to tell me how far along it is or any info at all. i had to turn and leave cause i could feel my face getting red and knew if i didn't leave i risked saying or doing something to get me put to the back of the line.

So if your waiting or have been waiting. Know that there isn't anything that can be done to find out where you stand. And ISP gets to continue breaking the law without any consequences.

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    My money order was for 85 not 75 anyone th ink ill get it back? If they even give me my lisc? L2 Jan 29th no word still. Sittin in the dark

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I finally got mine on Friday.

Application and L1 12/22/12

Local fees paid 1/18/13 (Due to Carmel stupidity.)

LTCH received 5/17/13

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    16 weeks today, no LTCH.

Called Madison Co. Sheriff Dept. (MCSD) who said they had ok'd my application and verified a convicted-but-expunged Class-D misdemeanor from 1988 that I listed (It said "ever" convicted, I figured it was the "right" thing to do; wrong answer).

After I spoke to the records division at MCSD, the clerk called Indiana State Police (ISP) on my behalf, and called me back in less than 10 minutes to tell me that ISP is in fact stockpiling applications with any arrests or convictions listed even after the locals, who are tasked with this portion of the investigation, have cleared them.

MCSD inquired as to the anticipated decision turnaround, without regard to what the decision might be, and were told 6-8 months is to be expected in almost all such cases, awesome (not).

Thank You MCSD for being really on it, I do appreciate your efforts, really I do; No thank You ISP for not following the proscribed procedure, lame, discriminatory, weaksauce.

Last edited:

Robz703

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well this is kind of getting old...Day 114 still nothing...there is always tomorrow day 115...Non-L1 1/3....Has anyone else mailed theirs on that date (Non-L1) and gotten theirs? I would like to know...Probably have another week or two...Oh well...

I applied on 1/7/13 non L1 and still haven't received anything. My Va permit doesn't expire till 2015 so I still have 2 years.

KCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    21 weeks from the date my money order was cashed and I'm still waiting. Sent an email to the ISP asking for a status update. No reply. I'm going to go mow my lawn.

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    Yesterday made 18 weeks for me. I've been carrying while doing anything around the house just as an excuse to have my pistol on me. Oh well, at least my new ACE-1 holster from SHTF gear will be good and broken in by the time my LTCH gets here!!!

Also, you might as well disregard emailing ISP as a viable option for getting any information. I've sent three emails spaced three weeks apart and haven't gotten a response....at this point I'd be happy with the cut and paste response just so I know they've acknowledged me!!! :dunno:

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    My son was just told by the sheriff there was an 8-10 month on his LTCH that he applied for this week... Electronic prints and all; sounds like technology is helping things right along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom