• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Is it true that if you go through L1, they are the ones who do the background check? It kind of helps to explain why the local PD does it too. Seems a little redundant if PD and ISP both do what only needs to be done once. I don't know, it's pretty confusing :dunno:

No, L1, or Morpho Trust as its now known, only does your prints.

The local PD or SD pulls your criminal history and sends it to ISP along with your app. Sometimes the local Chief or Sheriff will hold apps for his personal review. Each fiefdom seems to be different.

If you've been a good boy, you go into the queue. If you have ANY criminal history, whether convicted, dismissed, etc., you get pulled for further review. That will SIGNIFICANTLY increase your wait time. (Trust me)

I wish they would pull the process from the locals and have ISP do it all, but they would probably have to triple their staff, if not more.

Hope this long rambling response answered your question. I believe it to be accurate. My info comes from a relative who is a Deputy Chief of Police.

Averagejoe63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I have to do a fair amount of background checks....not everything shows on the ISP database...there are local crimes that only exist at the local level, which is why we check there as well....My guess, the locals do their own records check to see if you show-up there, and then they formulate a recommendation to the state based on that. Now, Who the ISP checks with is anyone's guess, but I would think that includes state and federal items, outside the local jurisdiction.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    No, L1, or Morpho Trust as its now known, only does your prints.

The local PD or SD pulls your criminal history and sends it to ISP along with your app. Sometimes the local Chief or Sheriff will hold apps for his personal review. Each fiefdom seems to be different.

If you've been a good boy, you go into the queue. If you have ANY criminal history, whether convicted, dismissed, etc., you get pulled for further review. That will SIGNIFICANTLY increase your wait time. (Trust me)

I wish they would pull the process from the locals and have ISP do it all, but they would probably have to triple their staff, if not more.

Hope this long rambling response answered your question. I believe it to be accurate. My info comes from a relative who is a Deputy Chief of Police.

That was a great answer. On the surface it just looks redundant but I can see why they do it. I have a clean record, so right in the queue I go :rockwoot:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Applied March 19th 2013
    Paper finger printed Paid then also.
    State Police MO cashed 3/27
    Local PD MO cashed 3/28

Think maybe LTCH coming soon.

Any thoughts?

I hate to even say it.....but based on some of the timeframes that we've been seeing for others who filed non-L1....it might be August or September before you see anything.... maybe ?:dunno:

Hopefully sooner though...because waiting for your LTCH isn't fun.

IndyPerk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Applied March 19th 2013
    Paper finger printed Paid then also.
    State Police MO cashed 3/27
    Local PD MO cashed 3/28

Think maybe LTCH coming soon.

Any thoughts?

I did paper prints on January 31st. My money order was cashed on February 5th. I'm still waiting. So I can assure you that you have at least a couple of months to go.

By the way spotless record too... :tantrum:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just wondering if I call. Who do I call? Indiana state po?

The sad reality is, there is no one you can call. A call to ISP will get you a recorded message telling you how busy they are and your anticipated wait times.

A call to your local PD might tell you when your app was transmitted, but they have no way of knowing when you will be issued.

Based on previous posts (and don't hold me to this) L 1 with a clean record is running 12-14 weeks. Paper prints with a clean record 18-22 weeks. Any arrest record is going to put you 6 months out.

JMHO

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I did paper prints on January 31st. My money order was cashed on February 5th. I'm still waiting. So I can assure you that you have at least a couple of months to go.

By the way spotless record too... :tantrum:

Someone had their money cashed February 1st and ltch issued June 20th. I'm February 7th so hopefully we will both have ours soon

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The sad reality is, there is no one you can call. A call to ISP will get you a recorded message telling you how busy they are and your anticipated wait times.

A call to your local PD might tell you when your app was transmitted, but they have no way of knowing when you will be issued.

Based on previous posts (and don't hold me to this) L 1 with a clean record is running 12-14 weeks. Paper prints with a clean record 18-22 weeks. Any arrest record is going to put you 6 months out.

JMHO

Sounds about right. When I was at my local PD the woman I talked to behind the counter said with me (L1 plus clean record) I would be looking at about a 3 month wait. Seems the great panic is starting to die down, so wait times have been reduced a little bit.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    After posting in the morning of the 25th, my son's showed up later that day.
    It took 5 months to the day, from finger printing to receiving it in the mail. He did non L1.
    Time for a good steak tonight!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom