• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I stopped by the "firearms dept" in the city-county bldg in Indy this week on my lunch (after many emails went unanswered). I asked for a status update and they just confirmed the received date and said, "should be any day now." Ughh. FYI: submitted end of Feb., L1, clean record.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    L1 prints done April 22
    Hamilton County paperwork done also on April 22
    PO money order
    LTCH received today July 17
    87 days

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Interesting. So your saying if you have been printed (for security reasons), and other than previous LTCH applications, you automatically get thrown into the "wait longer" pile? Maybe that's why mine is taking longer. I hold BATF explosives permit clearance (professional fireworks). However, that particular item from the BATF did not require fingerprinting, only a background check.

I can't confirm or deny that is true, but reading through almost 200 pages on this thread, it seems to be valid. The email I got from Sgt. Michael (I think that was his name ) seemed to indicate that I popped up on their radar and he couldn't say whether or not I was a "criminal" but they were investigating. I've been printed several times for various security clearances related to access to maximum security prisons and also classified locations.

JMHO, your mileage might vary.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I stopped by the "firearms dept" in the city-county bldg in Indy this week on my lunch (after many emails went unanswered). I asked for a status update and they just confirmed the received date and said, "should be any day now." Ughh. FYI: submitted end of Feb., L1, clean record.

Hang in. When you get it, you'll think " Wow, that went quick". I know it doesn't seem like it now.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    I'm going to give it until august I guess then ill go downtown. L1 1/29 clean record paid with moneyorder. Local cashed 2/2 state cashed 2/22. I have had my last name changed 3-4 times before I was 10 years old....don't ask. But I don't see how that would affect anything. I listen to a talk show (infowars) that the guv doesn't really like but that's the tinfoil kicking in I guess. I applied and had court approval to have my name changed to my original blood name because I am to be getting married in October but I haven't gone to the social security office yet to change it officially.o I don't think that has anything to do with it..I need my liscense so I can change my name and get .marriage liscense asap then apply for change on license. Didn't think it would take this long. I've bought several guns during the wait no probleam. Anyway. 7 months aaaaaand
    Still waiting

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well after my rant yesterday...today is a different day

April 12th- Online app submitted paid CC
    April 15th- L1 prints, paid Fishers PD cash
    July 15th- Issued Lifetime LTCH
    July 17th- Received pink slip in the mail
    13 weeks 6 days from submission of App
    This was me all the way from the mailbox into the house: :banana:
    :rockwoot:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well after my rant yesterday...today is a different day

April 12th- Online app submitted paid CC
    April 15th- L1 prints, paid Fishers PD cash
    July 15th- Issued Lifetime LTCH
    July 17th- Received pink slip in the mail
    13 weeks 6 days from submission of App

So how long did it take you to get to the house ?

This was me all the way from the mailbox into the house: :banana:
    :rockwoot:

Awesome,dude.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm going to give it until august I guess then ill go downtown. L1 1/29 clean record paid with moneyorder. Local cashed 2/2 state cashed 2/22. I have had my last name changed 3-4 times before I was 10 years old....don't ask. But I don't see how that would affect anything. I listen to a talk show (infowars) that the guv doesn't really like but that's the tinfoil kicking in I guess. I applied and had court approval to have my name changed to my original blood name because I am to be getting married in October but I haven't gone to the social security office yet to change it officially.o I don't think that has anything to do with it..I need my liscense so I can change my name and get .marriage liscense asap then apply for change on license. Didn't think it would take this long. I've bought several guns during the wait no probleam. Anyway. 7 months aaaaaand
    Still waiting

I'm not sure I understand all of that, but that's OK.

I think I would engage the local PD ASAP. Something is SNAFU'd for sure.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Today marks week 20.
    Non-L1
    Clean Record
    MO cashed 2/28
    Nothing yet. Mail runs at about 1pm.
    The suspense is killing me...

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    applied for my LTCH at the end of january........still havent heard back yet :(

Give us some more info and maybe we can give some insight.

L1 or paper ? Any criminal history, even dismissals or no conviction ? If none of these apply, you have a problem. You should engage your local PD and ask them to call ISP for your status.

roberthu526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    I doubt they had improved on non-L1's. I am on 21 week and not expecting anything. I just hope I can get it before October......
    Clean record without even a ticket or warning by the way.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I doubt they had improved on non-L1's. I am on 21 week and not expecting anything. I just hope I can get it before October......
    Clean record without even a ticket or warning by the way.

I understand that. But keep in mind - it makes no difference when you applied or when you were printed. All that matters is when your local PD or SD transmitted your app to ISP. If they sat on it for a week or a month, you are that far behind. Your clock starts when ISP gets your app.

Some municipalities are notoriously slow.

roberthu526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    I will go file L1 again if I don't get it by September. Don't wanna waste any time tracking down that $30 or some bucks.

I understand that. But keep in mind - it makes no difference when you applied or when you were printed. All that matters is when your local PD or SD transmitted your app to ISP. If they sat on it for a week or a month, you are that far behind. Your clock starts when ISP gets your app.

Some municipalities are notoriously slow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom