0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Finally! It came today!

Application and L1 prints - 3/21
    Money Order Cashed - 4/9
    Issued - 7/25
    Mailed - 7/26
    Received - 7/27

The license was issued the day after I called and spoke with someone at ISP. Don't know if that was a coincidence or not. I called them on 7/24 and the permit issued on 7/25.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Finally! It came today!

Application and L1 prints - 3/21
    Money Order Cashed - 4/9
    Issued - 7/25
    Mailed - 7/26
    Received - 7/27

The license was issued the day after I called and spoke with someone at ISP. Don't know if that was a coincidence or not. I called them on 7/24 and the permit issued on 7/25.

See, I told you. She was telling you without telling you.

:thumbsup: for sure

Orion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Indy
    I applied online and went downtown Indy to City county building for my prints on Jan. 27th. Clean record and I cant find money order receipts to check to see if cashed. Is there a phone number to call that someone will actually look to make sure they have my app. Thanks for any help.

eazyE226

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    applied feb 3 2013 online
    bank accounted debited by L1 on feb 4 2013
    finger printed by L1 on feb 15 2013
    local paid in cash on feb 22 2013

have a couple minor non violent misdemeanors on my record
    emailed isp with no response....
    STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!.....getting pretty frustrated.....

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    applied feb 3 2013 online
    bank accounted debited by L1 on feb 4 2013
    finger printed by L1 on feb 15 2013
    local paid in cash on feb 22 2013

have a couple minor non violent misdemeanors on my record
    emailed isp with no response....
    STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!.....getting pretty frustrated.....

Let's see.... Feb 22nd was a Friday, so best case scenario, your local PD transmitted your app 26-27 time frame. Based on that, you should be right at the 5 month mark which puts you in the window of when "further review" apps have been issued.

I wouldn't be too concerned until August has passed. There have been several that went 6 months. Depends on how timely the arresting jurisdictions are about reporting your disposition.

I know, it sucks.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    I would be incredibly frustrated if I were one of those who applied in the first quarter of this year and I were still waiting. It seems like anyone who applied in May is being taken care of first.

I am indeed very frustrated. L1 1-29 few name changes clean record. If it doesn't come soon I think I'm going to be sol of the 140$ I spent. Getting married in October and I would like to have the same last name as my daughter! Again....this is absurd. They're handing out larrys from may like crazy but they have all of these older apps unprocessed and can't even tell us what is going on. I swear its the new system...

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Hang in there guys... Wheeler horse Orion pitbull. I'm here too .. full info again.
    L1 and paid with money order on 1-29. Floyd co. sheriff.
    Local money order cashed 2-2 talked to pd and they said they approved and sent to Indy but that's all they could tell me.
    State money order cashed 2-22
    Clean record.
    My last name was changed 3x pre 10 years. (Slutty mother)
    I had my last name court approved to be changed to my original family name pre application but have not yet changed it in the system (social security #) do to legal issues that needed tended (taxes)
    STILL WAITING....

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Let's see.... Feb 22nd was a Friday, so best case scenario, your local PD transmitted your app 26-27 time frame. Based on that, you should be right at the 5 month mark which puts you in the window of when "further review" apps have been issued.

I wouldn't be too concerned until August has passed. There have been several that went 6 months. Depends on how timely the arresting jurisdictions are about reporting your disposition.

I know, it sucks.

6 months tomorrow for me.
    Maybe some good mail will come

Molly Belle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I went to the mailbox today and found my husband's ltch. He applied 3 weeks after me, and he did the old fashion fingerprints (I did L1). I called ISP, and they have never received my app from local. UGH! I've been waiting 5 months for nothing! Local is checking on it and is supposed to be giving me a call back. I did email the state a few weeks ago for a status update, but never heard back. Really hoping they rush it now. :(
    Applied : 2/28
    Local paid : 3/1
    Local money order cashed 3/6

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I went to the mailbox today and found my husband's ltch. He applied 3 weeks after me, and he did the old fashion fingerprints (I did L1). I called ISP, and they have never received my app from local. UGH! I've been waiting 5 months for nothing! Local is checking on it and is supposed to be giving me a call back. I did email the state a few weeks ago for a status update, but never heard back. Really hoping they rush it now. :(

:thumbsup:

Glad his made it. Hope you don't have too long of a wait. Maybe since your local screwed up, they can pull some strings with ISP. :bs:

wtikay12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I went down to the Indiana State police today to get a check on my ltch and the told me that I was put in the pile with the people who have had a arrest record and that they are checking it out. There is one problem..... I have not ever been locked up before, so how can they say I have. Any answers would be greatly appropriated

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

ISP answered the phone?? What number did you use?

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Applied 3/17/13 online. Non L1 @ Lake County Sherrifs 3/18/13. Paid LC with money order and sent ISP a money order with my prints.

Of note: Did not list previous misdomeaner traffic violations (happened before 2K). I was also finger printed as a child because of the uptick in reporting of child abductions.

Just 10 minutes ago, found that sweet pink paper in the mailbox!

Keep hope alive the back log is over!

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    Mailed old style prints 2/6/13 money order cashed
    2/10 member of bad citizens club comming up on
    6The months hope im getting close any one with knowledge care to take a guess

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    I went down to the Indiana State police today to get a check on my ltch and the told me that I was put in the pile with the people who have had a arrest record and that they are checking it out. There is one problem..... I have not ever been locked up before, so how can they say I have. Any answers would be greatly appropriated

Have you ever been fingerprinted or had a background check before? That can also trigger you to go into the "bad" pile.
    Another (scary) reason is if you are a victim of stolen identity.

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013

Another good reason why the state needs to adopt a "online tracking system" to see the status of applications. I mean, this is the year 2013 after all. The bad part about it? Probably no "rush" processing or preferential treatment because of this "mistake". I don't see why it would be so difficult to add a tracking system for customers to see where their app is at. It could simply be "Received, Processing, Further Review, and Issued". At least one would know exactly where their app is at. :rolleyes:

OP, I would contact the chief of police of the agency who processed your application and demand an explanation as to how it has just been "sitting" around at the local office for the last 5 months. Doesn't seem too responsible given that you have tons of personal information on it.

wtikay12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have you ever been fingerprinted or had a background check before? That can also trigger you to go into the "bad" pile.
    Another (scary) reason is if you are a victim of stolen identity.
    I was fingerprinted about 4 years ago when I got my other gun permit but nothing else. They told me I have a arrest on my background but I have not ever been locked up. That is the fustrating part about all of this. Will they deny me my ltch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom