• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    Wow! Just got mine. It's real pretty! Standard fingerprinting and mailed to ISP on 3/27/2013. so, just over 4 months. Also DUI back in 1982
    Looks like they are moving through!
    Good luck everyone!:):

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Today marks week 20 from my money orders cashed. Still nothing. Ive been waiting long enough, Im going to just start carrying. Im not playing games with my life anymore waiting on a pink paper when the 2nd amendment says I can

Wow... Umm yeah.
    Aaand, you havent been waiting long enough. There's plenty of us who have been waiting since january even 2012. I myself clean record did l1 in Jan and still nothing...you know if you have to use it the courts will be more focused on taking care of you then case closed and you're in the slammer. If you're really that scared carry a big frickin blade. Maybe even a chainsaw.
    Tomahawk on the hip would be pretty cool too..
    #1 rule to life
    THINK FIRST

Go to the range and waste some money...

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Well, I've sent a pretty detailed Email to my Congressional Representative, State Representative and even to Governor Pence himself.

Not saying it will do any good...but I'm tired of waiting so I thought I'd try to be more "pro-active" in trying to get something done about my lengthy wait time.

I was one of the earlier guys that decided to ask them about the Indiana Law that states that they're supposed to either Issue a permit or deny the permit within 60 days...(I contacted them back in Early March and asked them about this law).

I think it made someone mad (they answered my email on the SAME day that I sent it...which is extremely unusual when dealing with the ISP)....and they may have stuck my Application on the absolute bottom of the stack maybe ?

I know that yesterday the Supervisor that I talked to was acting like it might take a month or more yet for me to get an answer to my application...and that would put me at around 8 months or more...depending.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Today marks week 20 from my money orders cashed. Still nothing. Ive been waiting long enough, Im going to just start carrying. Im not playing games with my life anymore waiting on a pink paper when the 2nd amendment says I can

Terrible idea....but in the end the decision is yours. I know it's a crazy wait and technically they are not following the 60 rule....but it's not going to be a go idea to commit a felony to prove a point. Call your local representive if you want to try to change things.

ryancantshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    The City
    It's pretty gross that there aren't some fired law enforcement folks because of this.

60 days, shall issue state. No nuance, no games. And yet almost no one gets a license within 60 days per this thread.

Lawsuits please? Lawyers?

I recently moved here from Colorado. My CO CCW becomes invalid once I become a resident of Indiana.

I will be in the state of IN for roughly 1 year before I move again. So I'd most likely pay 100 + (background, prints, etc) for the privilege of being unarmed for roughly half the year, maybe/hopefully armed for the latter 6 months, all while paying Indiana taxes.

In a shall issue state.

Nice.

hmutalisk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    new albany
    Joined to say this, been following since around page 400-ish. I applied Feb 19th, paper prints Floyd county. Got a hold of a lady at ISP office the 30th, she told me to call back in a week if it hasn't arrived. Got home tonight just after 9 and there it was! 23 weeks and 1 day... I was happy.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Joined to say this, been following since around page 400-ish. I applied Feb 19th, paper prints Floyd county. Got a hold of a lady at ISP office the 30th, she told me to call back in a week if it hasn't arrived. Got home tonight just after 9 and there it was! 23 weeks and 1 day... I was happy.

Floyd co here too!!!! I better see you out you lucky sucker. L1 1-19 clean record no word yet.

hmutalisk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    new albany
    I walked in the door got geared up and went out for a few hours. I'd give them a call and see what the hold up is. Couldn't hurt anyway! Hope yours shows soon.

MDub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    That's an amazingly quick turn around. Good luck at Staples, the one I went to in Indy wouldn't make copies of a LTCH

The one on 37 in Noblesville copied mine. The chick who did it, looked at it a little funny, but copied it anyway... She laminated it for me as well...

I'm surprised at how quick mine was a little under 8 weeks was pretty good... They beat the 60 days. I feel bad for those guys that have been waiting 4+ months. I thought it would have been a queue... First in, First out.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Spoke to a close LEO friend the other day. He said the wait is now 7-8 MONTHS! Said he applied for his renewal in Dec. & got it in June.
    I applied for renewal in mid-May. From what hes saying... I may not see it 'til January!:scratch:

MDub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    Spoke to a close LEO friend the other day. He said the wait is now 7-8 MONTHS! Said he applied for his renewal in Dec. & got it in June.
    I applied for renewal in mid-May. From what hes saying... I may not see it 'til January!:scratch:

I don't think that is true... My guess (depending on your record, etc...) is that you'll see it this month, but it really does seem to be random.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom