• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So I'm assuming you got Utah because they are reciprocal with Ohio. But don't you have to be a Utah resident for that reciprocity to work ? Just asking. I'm sure you researched it.

Nope...non resident license works the same way a resident unless the reciprocating state only recognizes resident licenses....which Ohio is not one of those states.

Last edited:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I got LTCH TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!(liquid to calm heartburn) still waiting for license though.

congrats. What do you mean still waiting for license? Do you have it or not?

No...he was making a joke. That's why the "Liquid To Calm Heartburn" part was in parenthesis....

Nope...non resident license works the same was a resident unless the reciprocating state only recognizes resident licenses....which Ohio is not one of those states.

That's GREAT to know...since I live within just a few miles of the OHIO border...I'll DEFINITELY be getting my UTAH LTCH too.:thumbsup:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    What email can we use to contact ISP for status?

Their email is: ISPFirearmsQuestions@isp.IN.gov

They quit answering email for most of us...if they do answer it...99% of the time they just send you a "Canned" reply that is Copied/Pasted and sent to everyone and it just talks about extended wait times...and stuff like that !

Good luck though.

Best bet is to keep calling and waiting to the end of the call and talk to someone in person...they'll also tell you that they're "Unable to disclose that info because of Privacy laws"...but if you get lucky and keep bugging them..someone may eventually help you.

Ask for a supervisor...but from my experience...they won't help you much unless you've been waiting a really long time...like 6 months or more !

Last edited:

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wrote my state senator early this week about the long wait time, since February. Received an e-mail from him today stating the license has been issued and should arrive in a few days. I'll wait and see before I get too optimistic!

Please share the email address

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Please share the email address

I'm sure mxd was emailing his area's representatives/senator....I tried to do that too....but I just got a "Canned Reply" from them and they didn't really help at all.
    If you want to email your rep..just look up your area's reps and there will be a link to their emails.

I also added the ISP's email, that you requested earlier, up above..in post #7726.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It looks like you have to do some hoop jumping to get the Utah license. I used to have to go to Dayton, Oh. a lot of years ago. If it ain't changed there it would be nice to carry a gun there legally. There was a joint there called "the blazin stump"

Concealed Firearm Permit Frequently Asked Questions | Utah Department of Public Safety

Hoops? It was a very easy processing and a very quick one. One of our INGO advertisers (Indy gun safety) does classes in Central indiana regualry and there are alot of other places you can go.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Hoops? It was a very easy processing and a very quick one. One of our INGO advertisers (Indy gun safety) does classes in Central indiana regualry and there are alot of other places you can go.
    It just seems kind of redundant to go to a safety class when you're already carrying a gun with a permit to do so. If you don't mind. How long is class, and what does it cost.

Thanks, Jim

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It just seems kind of redundant to go to a safety class when you're already carrying a gun with a permit to do so. If you don't mind. How long is class, and what does it cost.

Thanks, Jim

Well the class has to teach a lot about Utah law...since its a Utah license. So that's I big reason for the class. Yes some pieces of the class are boring if you are an experienced firearms user but not everyone who takes the class is. It's 4 hours as required by law and its usually around a $100. That being said when I took that class that included getting our passport photo taken for our license and filling out the entire form in class. So all I had to do from there was get finger printed and said the app off. That gets you a five year license and makes you legal in Ohio as well as some other states that do not recognize an Indiana LTCH.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois

Thankyou for taking the time to explain the process. After seeing some of the new applicants at the fingerprint office (Hammond) a little training might be a good thing.

Jim

johnjw77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    sorry if this is a little off topic, just not sure where else to post this.

I am in the process of filling out my application for my lifetime carry and have a quick question before I submit it. I was convicted of a marijuana possession felony in 2005 but after 18 months probation I was eligible for alternate misdemeanor sentencing which at that point I did and lowered my class D felony to a class A misdemeanor. I had a LTCH 4-year permit at the time and I am not sure if it was suspended considering my felony conviction or if it just expired. Either way I have two questions on the application I do not know how to answer.

1. Has your handgun license ever been suspended/revoked?
    2. Have you ever been convicted of a felony violation?

I am aware that I have been convicted, but since my charge was dropped from "felony" degree to "misdemeanor" I'm not sure how to answer. I assume if I answer yes I will automatically be denied, however a criminal background should just show a misdemeanor. As for the first question, how would I find out if my license was suspended?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Johnjw, I would assume if it was suspended then you would have been notified. If I were you I would hit no on felony conviction but do list your charge and note that you were convicted of a misdemeanor. You will wait many months either way. If you haven't received any notice of your LTCH being revoked, then I think you can answer no. Just my two cents. Worst case scenario you get denied for errors on your app, then you'll have to go to the place to correct it.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    sorry if this is a little off topic, just not sure where else to post this.

You couldn't have picked a better place. There is a wealth of knowledge here from folks who have or are going through the process.

I am in the process of filling out my application for my lifetime carry and have a quick question before I submit it. I was convicted of a marijuana possession felony in 2005 but after 18 months probation I was eligible for alternate misdemeanor sentencing which at that point I did and lowered my class D felony to a class A misdemeanor. I had a LTCH 4-year permit at the time and I am not sure if it was suspended considering my felony conviction or if it just expired. Either way I have two questions on the application I do not know how to answer.

1. Has your handgun license ever been suspended/revoked?

I would answer "No". You don't know that it has, so that's a truthful answer, IMHO.

2. Have you ever been convicted of a felony violation?

Again, I would go with "No", based on the info you gave. Again truthful answer.

I am aware that I have been convicted, but since my charge was dropped from "felony" degree to "misdemeanor" I'm not sure how to answer. I assume if I answer yes I will automatically be denied, however a criminal background should just show a misdemeanor. As for the first question, how would I find out if my license was suspended?

I agree 100% with Mister Chester's answer below. And, he is right. You do have a long road ahead. But there are a lot of friendly folks in this thread to lend support and commiserate with. You can watch the daily reports of people who get their tickets and judge your wait based on circumstances that are similar to yours. Just an FYI, folks with a criminal history have been waiting AT LEAST 5 months and some as long as 8. I don't mean to discourage you, I just don't want you hating on the mailman after a couple of months have gone by.

If you should get denied, there is an appeal process, and, so far, I haven't heard of any appeals being denied. If you were a hardcore felon convicted of a violent crime, then maybe. But most of the denials have come from people who either intentionally, or unknowingly, falsified information on their app.

Johnjw, I would assume if it was suspended then you would have been notified. If I were you I would hit no on felony conviction but do list your charge and note that you were convicted of a misdemeanor. You will wait many months either way. If you haven't received any notice of your LTCH being revoked, then I think you can answer no. Just my two cents. Worst case scenario you get denied for errors on your app, then you'll have to go to the place to correct it.

Good luck. Keep in touch.

johnjw77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    I appreciate the opinions and have taken said advice and answered "no" to both. I did list the offense as a misdemeanor in the "misdemeanor" section however.

I am afraid I may have made a mistake upon completion of my app. I decided to use the "IBTfingerprint.com" option that was listed for a $9.95 fee. The website listed my name is "jogn" instead of "john" and will not allow me to change. I'm not so sure how big of a deal this may be, but I would guess that since it already had my name I must have also spelled it wrong on my license app :ugh:.

Also this "IBTfingerprint" is asking me to pay $84.95 online. I am hoping I am right in thinking that the $84.95 fee is the $75 state fee and the $9.95 fingerprint fee together? I know I read that the $75 fee had to be paid by money order, and this site hasn't made it clear that this fee is for both. Am I just an idiot or am I missing something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom