Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    congrats!

Thanks horsehaulin ! :cheers:

Yes, we had to take everything to the Post Office and mail it ourselves. I am pretty angry. It's not like this was the 1st time the officer had people come in to apply for a license. But, everyone does make mistakes, it's just unfortunate that his mistake was with us. I'm getting real tired of waiting and really really want this to be all over.
    l

That's crappy and I'd be upset too, BUT, I still think that you'll get your's back quickly (as long as there are no Criminal issues to deal with)

Mainly because it's been brought to their attention and the current turnaround times have been INSANELY fast for most folks, here lately !

I had a friend who lived in a small town and applied for his Lifetime LTCH permit back when they first came out.
    He, of course, had to apply at his tiny little local police department's building.
    While applying, the officer filled out his application for him (never do this) and when that officer got to the question about previous criminal convictions my buddy said "Yes, I was convicted of a misdemeanor several years back".

The Police Officer told him "this section only pertains to people who are convicted of felonies" and the Officer answered NO on the Criminal history question and then he finished filling out the rest of the application, fingerprinted my buddy, and then sent him on his way.

Fast-Forward a few months later and my buddy got a DENIAL letter in the mail that said that he was denied for basically lying on his application about the previous criminal conviction.

Since my buddy didn't know the appeals process he just dropped it and that was that. (he has since learned how it all works and he has his lifetime LTCH now).

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I can't seem to find the phone number mentioned earlier for checking the status. Anybody have it?

Here's what their current "CONTACT US" page says:

Contact Us
    ATTENTION: If you have already submitted a firearms application, the following timelines should be anticipated:
    • For those using Morpho Trust (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--11 to 14 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    • For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--20 to 22 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    • If you have any prior criminal history, the above timelines may be extended until your criminal history can be reviewed.
    • If you are checking the status of your firearms application, include your full name, date of birth, and date that your money order was cashed.
    Please DO NOT request a status check regarding your firearm permit application.
    U.S. Mail:
    Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section
    100 North Senate Avenue--IGCN
    Indianapolis, IN 46204​
    Fax:
    317-233-9730​
    Telephone:
    317-232-8264

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Here's what their current "CONTACT US" page says:

Contact Us
    ATTENTION: If you have already submitted a firearms application, the following timelines should be anticipated:
    • For those using Morpho Trust (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--11 to 14 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    • For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--20 to 22 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    • If you have any prior criminal history, the above timelines may be extended until your criminal history can be reviewed.
    • If you are checking the status of your firearms application, include your full name, date of birth, and date that your money order was cashed.
    Please DO NOT request a status check regarding your firearm permit application.
    U.S. Mail:
    Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section
    100 North Senate Avenue--IGCN
    Indianapolis, IN 46204​
    Fax:
    317-233-9730​
    Telephone:
    317-232-8264

I called that number and the message said they do not give status updates over the phone, that you need to go to the website. Well when you do that you get to read what you posted.

I applied in February and would like to get a status update. My local PD gave me the same number listed above, which has proven fruitless. E-mails go unanswered. What is one supposed to do?

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    I called 317-233-5054 and explained that it had been over six months since my application. I also said that this was my first attempt at an inquiry and after six months I owed it to myself to call. I was transferred to another desk and then to a supervisor who took my information and placed me on hold. My LTCH was issued that morning and received in the mail two days later...TODAY 8/29 !

I hope that this will serve to help you. Keep us posted.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I called 317-233-5054 and explained that it had been over six months since my application. I also said that this was my first attempt at an inquiry and after six months I owed it to myself to call. I was transferred to another desk and then to a supervisor who took my information and placed me on hold. My LTCH was issued that morning and received in the mail two days later...TODAY 8/29 !

:thumbsup:

Welcome to Club Pink

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer

I will try the 5054 number, thank you!

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    I think it would be nice to get a list started of what county or where you went for final processing and how long. If there is one please disregard and continue posting

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Lectric102002 :thumbsup:

Welcome to Club Pink

Did you get yours and I missed the glorious post?

ya. how long has lectric been waiting? I assumed he already had his...:dunno:

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    Today I called the 233-5054 number
    And spoke to a lady who at least verified
    my app was received and in processing
    Since 7/5 bad boy club non l1 mailed
    2/6/13 at least now I know it was not lost

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well, boys and girls, I finally get to give myself a :thumbsup:. Received my secret decoder ring today. Almost 6 months to the day.

I'll be here for everyone else still waiting. Hang in there.

Sorry, HH. Thought you saw this. Originally posted 6-22.

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Lectric102002 :thumbsup:

Welcome to Club Pink

ya. how long has lectric been waiting? I assumed he already had his...:dunno:

Yeah, I got mine 6-22

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom