• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    (noobie apology and groveling to follow) I misspoke Wheeler_Dealer....."systematic", "standardized", and other words like it have been ruined by the political pundits around the state...and the nation.....I chose poorly and got off on the wrong foot....Stranger_Danger is correct in his/her interpretation (thank you for the assist)....I was referring to a more..."understandable" pattern of permit issuances? I don't doubt that there are applicants that should have an easier time than others, but when so many of you seem to be held-up for no reason it does seem "unfair". I personally have no problem waiting in line for my fair turn....but when some are getting their permits 1 and 2 weeks after they submit and I (and many others) have been waiting longer than that...it makes me want to ask "Why?"...I am here to listen, learn, and grow...not push, create, or force any agenda.....

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    I check in.gov and the current wait time for applying with morpho is 7-14 fn days?????come on now..... Where the French do I find a rep email? Looks on the in webage and they don't have theire emails posted

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I believe that systematic fairness would be the people that have waited 7-8+ months should be processed immediately before the newer ones.

(noobie apology and groveling to follow) I misspoke Wheeler_Dealer....."systematic", "standardized", and other words like it have been ruined by the political pundits around the state...and the nation.....I chose poorly and got off on the wrong foot....Stranger_Danger is correct in his/her interpretation (thank you for the assist)....I was referring to a more..."understandable" pattern of permit issuances? I don't doubt that there are applicants that should have an easier time than others, but when so many of you seem to be held-up for no reason it does seem "unfair". I personally have no problem waiting in line for my fair turn....but when some are getting their permits 1 and 2 weeks after they submit and I (and many others) have been waiting longer than that...it makes me want to ask "Why?"...I am here to listen, learn, and grow...not push, create, or force any agenda.....

I check in.gov and the current wait time for applying with morpho is 7-14 fn days?????come on now..... Where the French do I find a rep email? Looks on the in webage and they don't have theire emails posted

I agree that it's not ideal...for sure !

The real problem that I was referring to, is the fact that right now each county (or city even) can have a slightly different process in how they do their LTCH permit applications, if they choose.

On top of that, SOME Counties have been known to take weeks, or MONTHS even, to get some of our LTCH permit applications to the ISP (standardization would help to improve this part the most..I believe)

Add in the fact that they then have to go thru and make these determinations based on each person's individual background, mental state (if brought into play) and past criminal records reports and the whole "fairness" part becomes almost impossible to achieve.

The problem with the whole "fairness" part is this:

To us, our "waiting" date starts as soon as we do our fingerprints and pay our local, but to the ISP, our "waiting" dates start when they actually RECEIVE our applications and we've already determined that those dates can vary by days, week and possibly even months !

Examples:

Applicant #1 finishes up his LTCH process and pays his local on Feb. 10th and he's in Henry County,
    and
    Applicant #2 finishes up his LTCH process and pays his local on Feb. 10th and he's in Wayne County..

There's still no way to currently insure that their LTCH applications end up at the ISP on the same day, in the same week or even within the same MONTH (which is definitely a BIG problem if you're trying to be "fair" about anything).

Add in the fact that each applicant is an individual who's background info and "Proper Person-ness" has to be investigated and determined (also possibly ruled upon) and it just becomes insanely impossible to make it into a "FAIR" process where Applicant #1 will receive his permit at the same time as Applicant #2 if they both sent them off on the same day from different parts of the State !

I think many Cities and Counties have already taken this task upon themselves and they have, more or less, standardized the way that they handle the LTCH apps and they have GREATLY improved the way this system works in their City's or County's.

I really believe that's why we're able to see so many people who actually do get their LTCH back in a very quick and efficient manner, but, I think that Standardization is the only way that it will improve.

The rest of the Cities and Counties need to standardize the way that they process and forward our Applications to the ISP, and they also need to standardize the methods that they use when sending back the Criminal records info that the ISP has requested.

Some of these Counties take a very long time to simply give the ISP the proper documentation that is needed if someone has ANY kind of past criminal history or if they're "red-flagged" for any sort of reason at all.

I think that it's getting better, but it has a bit more to go to be ideal

Last edited:

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    My son recenty turned 18 and of course applied for his lifetime, which to our amazement, received it in two weeks.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    ....went to the my rep's Indiana Rep web page and, yes it took me a moment to figure it out too, but look on the menu bar for "CONTACT" and it will bring up the email form.....

GLAD I DID TOO! as I got a personal call from an ISP liaison telling me that my permit was held up due to a pending balance issue (changed to lifetime at the Sheriff's office when submitting the paperwork). My paperwork has already been mailed back and the liaison said to let him know when I resent it as he would see it expedited......and that really surprised me! I didn't ask for special attention or note my app# but he apparently had enough info to find it in the system.

He specifically asked me not to share his info.....sorry:(

Last edited:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I stopped in the Hendricks County Sheriffs office today to let them know I got my lifetime in under two weeks. They were completely amazed, and said even the employees in that office were taking 5-6 months.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Ok, after 9 months of waiting, I am goin to do my first rant.....

as most of you know I applied in January. I emailed ISP twice with no responce. I called once and some woman told me she could not give me any information because of the privacy acts (I call bs on that one). On Sunday I emailed them again. On Tuesday someone from ISP called me. They said they got my email, looked into my application, issued my license, and it would be here on Thursday. It did not show up.

A few minutes ago I seen a traffic cop pulled into a parking lot. I pulled in. At first he was nice. I explained to him what happend. I told him Tomorrow was Friday. I asked him to run my license and see if the gun license appears on the screen so I can call ISP tomorrow incase there are more issues. The cop became an instant jerk. Told me I was impatient along with a few other words. I patiently waited 9 months. Anyone that kept up with me on here knows I havnt been an idiot about it. I just wanted to find out if I needed to call ISP first thing in the morning since that's the only time they answer the phone.

Really?!?! Ok, if your to lazy to run a license that's fine but did you really have to treat me like the scum of the earth for asking a simple question.... Now I understand why you guys don't even tell them when by law you don't have to.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I stopped in the Hendricks County Sheriffs office today to let them know I got my lifetime in under two weeks. They were completely amazed, and said even the employees in that office were taking 5-6 months.

Yeah, I was out there a few months back. One of the gals (I forget her name) told me her husband had been waiting 6 months with aa clean record. She said she tried to get status from ISP and got the same runaround as the rest of us. Not sure I believe that entirely. But, it was some consolation at the time.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Ok, after 9 months of waiting, I am goin to do my first rant.....

as most of you know I applied in January. I emailed ISP twice with no responce. I called once and some woman told me she could not give me any information because of the privacy acts (I call bs on that one). On Sunday I emailed them again. On Tuesday someone from ISP called me. They said they got my email, looked into my application, issued my license, and it would be here on Thursday. It did not show up.

A few minutes ago I seen a traffic cop pulled into a parking lot. I pulled in. At first he was nice. I explained to him what happend. I told him Tomorrow was Friday. I asked him to run my license and see if the gun license appears on the screen so I can call ISP tomorrow incase there are more issues. The cop became an instant jerk. Told me I was impatient along with a few other words. I patiently waited 9 months. Anyone that kept up with me on here knows I havnt been an idiot about it. I just wanted to find out if I needed to call ISP first thing in the morning since that's the only time they answer the phone.

Really?!?! Ok, if your to lazy to run a license that's fine but did you really have to treat me like the scum of the earth for asking a simple question.... Now I understand why you guys don't even tell them when by law you don't have to.

Not surprised. I have a couple of relatives that are LEO's (one is a deputy Chief of Police) and they will tell you that the vast majority of them do not like citizens carrying guns. They feel that there are just that many more weapons out there that they have to worry about in the hands of untrained individuals. I have to say, I agree with that logic. I would be willing to bet a McDonalds burger that 90% of the LTCH holders never have had any formal training in self defense and gun safety and handling. They get a permit, buy a gun, (not necessarily in that order) and start carrying. No wonder the cops are skitish.

But, to your point, you presented no reason why you should have been treated with disrespect from the LEO. If he didn't want to run you, he could have just said "No, that isn't what the system is for. Please make your inquiry through normal channels." Maybe he was having a bad day. :dunno:

Don't worry - It'll come. You've waited this long - hang in a couple more days.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I am a few days from the 6 month mark. this wait is finally starting to get to me. Ya I have a trespassing charge 20+ years ago but have been golden since. I once had an Ohio ccw as a resident an currently have a Utah ccw. I am a USMC vet and trained in weapons both during and after military service. Our government is pushing their luck. If they want us to be a nation of laws then they need to follow them or expect an uprising. Questioning authority is not only our right but our responsibility.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    well, he was good to his word.....got my app back in the mail today with a letter to pay the difference and a return address specifically for corrected apps.....back in the mail tomorrow I guess....

Rgbyrunner21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    United States
    mine took seven months because some how my fingerprints was on another application i had submitted than the fees i paid :dunno: luckily the fine people at the firearms division got it all cleared up today when i called and its in the mail tomorrow

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    mine took seven months because some how my fingerprints was on another application i had submitted than the fees i paid :dunno: luckily the fine people at the firearms division got it all cleared up today when i called and its in the mail tomorrow

Yeah, one minor rock in the gears is all it takes. Glad they got it straightened out.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    MICAH...don't sweat it bud...my permit came back to me a day later than they thought it was going to also. (you know how the USPS can be sometimes!)

I bet you'll get your's in the mail today, my friend !

Keep us updated.

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    That's why I asked if we could have a sticky about counties and processing time. So people could have a general idea for their county. Like

madison 2 weeks
    marion 1 month etc

we could list them by the county yea or nay

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    That's why I asked if we could have a sticky about counties and processing time. So people could have a general idea for their county. Like

madison 2 weeks
    marion 1 month etc

we could list them by the county yea or nay

I don't think that will work...because only people who live outside of city limits apply thru their county sherfiff's office.
    Everyone else who lives within a city limit deals with their local departments.

I know that I sound like a broken record but I'll keep saying it...this is why local procedure STANDARDIZATION is needed.

Each police department and each sheriff's department can currently have different procedures when it comes to how they deal with LTCH Permit Applications.

So even if people live in the same county, you can't necessarily compare their LTCH stats accurately because each city police dept or county sheriff's dept can have DIFFERENT procedure methods when it comes to the processing of LTCH permit apps.

These different procedure methods can cause delays of days, weeks and even months, at times. (as we have clearly seen happen within this thread)

If we were to try to compile a list to compare County LTCH wait times, not only would it have to include all 92 Counties, but to have any accuracy at all, it would also need to include each individual CITY/TOWN and that number is around 3,570 Cities and Towns that you would also have to add to the list..

That list would be much too large and, to be honest, I don't see it really being very helpful.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom