• Status
    Not open for further replies.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    went to ISP post 22 (up in FW)...glad i did. For some reason they said that my fingerprints werent attached to my application so they got it fixed and said pending no back ground stuff it'll get processed ASAP next week and get mailed out.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    went to ISP post 22 (up in FW)...glad i did. For some reason they said that my fingerprints werent attached to my application so they got it fixed and said pending no back ground stuff it'll get processed ASAP next week and get mailed out.

Good news. Guess that other Johnson guy tried to borrow your prints. ;) (it is better news than having your name mixed up with someone else, though it is disturbing that it happened at all)

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I would highly recommend going in to your local post...just ask politely. I mean for mine it was a simple fix but how long do you think they knew about it before i went in and asked? i certainly didnt get a phone call, email, or mail

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Rubbing salt in our wounds ehh?

Hehe. Sorry. I'm here as a beacon of hope for those who are just now applying. :)

Still nothing, been waiting since February

:o

Have you called/emailed/written anyone? For a while I was seeing folks saying they contacted a state rep, called ISP, etc to get everything sorted out and sped up.

Ruger0890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    St Joe County
    Hehe. Sorry. I'm here as a beacon of hope for those who are just now applying. :)

:o

Have you called/emailed/written anyone? For a while I was seeing folks saying they contacted a state rep, called ISP, etc to get everything sorted out and sped up.

They don't answer when you call or respond to emails, best bet would be to go into your local isp like Johnson did or call a state police office near you and see if they would contact Indy and get some info.
    I finally stopped trying to contact anyone and just stare out the window until the mail comes :(

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    Yup, if ya look back in the thread, I've been getting jerked around for a while, but I have been told my app went into review Aug 9th, so I was told to wait another 5-8 weeks, that was three weeks ago. Fingers crossed, but not very hopeful

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, I don't want to may anyone's day worse, but I got mine in the mail Saturday. That was two weeks and one day from the time I submitted the application. Interestingly, my brother, who applied on the same day and in the same place I did, is still waiting.

-Brian

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, I don't want to may anyone's day worse, but I got mine in the mail Saturday. That was two weeks and one day from the time I submitted the application. Interestingly, my brother, who applied on the same day and in the same place I did, is still waiting.

-Brian

There is no method to their madness, but happy to see you got yours. Mine was issued in one day and received in 3. My name isn't Joe Smith or anything common, so that may have played a roll in it? No idea.

Either way, congrats.

Bulldog49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Anderson
    Is this SOP or something new? I did L1 and the local police department on Oct 16th. I just received this email from ISP:

Dear License to Carry a Handgun Applicant:

Thank you for submitting your application online and your fingerprints electronically through the L1 Identity Solutions location. Please remember that you must still go to the local law enforcement agency covering the jurisdiction in which you reside to pay your local application fee.

If you live in an incorporated city or town, go to the city police or town marshal's office. If you live outside of the incorporated limits of a city or town, then go to the sheriff. If you printed your confirmation sheet after applying online please take this with you along with the fingerprinting receipts and your state issued identification.

If you paid for a four year permit with the fingerprint service, the department does not allow the application to be changed to a lifetime permit.

Once the local agency submits the electronic application to us, it will begin to be processed within days. If you have no background problems, the license is mailed within a few days of being received by the Firearms Licensing Section. A person having an application or background problem will be contacted in writing by the section and will likely take much longer than a few days. If you have any question, the section's phone number is 317-232-8264 and the mailing address is:

Indiana State Police
    Firearms Licensing Section
    100 N. Senate Avenue--IGCN
    Indianapolis, In 46204

The section has a site for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on firearms issues at ISP: Home under the Firearms Licensing tab on the left hand side of the screen. A fee chart is at the end of the FAQ site. The local fee is also listed on the online application.

Sincerely,

ISP Firearms Licensing Section

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Is this SOP or something new? I did L1 and the local police department on Oct 16th. I just received this email from ISP:

Dear License to Carry a Handgun Applicant:

Thank you for submitting your application online and your fingerprints electronically through the L1 Identity Solutions location. Please remember that you must still go to the local law enforcement agency covering the jurisdiction in which you reside to pay your local application fee.

If you live in an incorporated city or town, go to the city police or town marshal's office. If you live outside of the incorporated limits of a city or town, then go to the sheriff. If you printed your confirmation sheet after applying online please take this with you along with the fingerprinting receipts and your state issued identification.

If you paid for a four year permit with the fingerprint service, the department does not allow the application to be changed to a lifetime permit.

Once the local agency submits the electronic application to us, it will begin to be processed within days. If you have no background problems, the license is mailed within a few days of being received by the Firearms Licensing Section. A person having an application or background problem will be contacted in writing by the section and will likely take much longer than a few days. If you have any question, the section's phone number is 317-232-8264 and the mailing address is:

Indiana State Police
    Firearms Licensing Section
    100 N. Senate Avenue--IGCN
    Indianapolis, In 46204

The section has a site for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on firearms issues at ISP: Home under the Firearms Licensing tab on the left hand side of the screen. A fee chart is at the end of the FAQ site. The local fee is also listed on the online application.

Sincerely,

ISP Firearms Licensing Section
    Pretty much word for word of the confirmation email I got immediately after doing the fingerprinting (within 30 min or less of leaving their office). :dunno: I had to wait 4 days to do the local portion, since my county does not accept LTCH applications Fri-Mon. Not sure why the delay on yours.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Pretty much word for word of the confirmation email I got immediately after doing the fingerprinting (within 30 min or less of leaving their office). :dunno: I had to wait 4 days to do the local portion, since my county does not accept LTCH applications Fri-Mon. Not sure why the delay on yours.

Did my L1 finger prints the first week of Oct and I have never got an email like that. Something I should look into??

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

Did my L1 finger prints the first week of Oct and I have never got an email like that. Something I should look into??

These emails are nothing new but not everyone gets one for some reason. Dunno why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom