• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    I submitted my application around 3/29/14, paid state and local fees on 4/1/14 and L1 fingerprinted on 4/4/14. I emailed ISP a week ago today explaining that I listed my offense date instead of my arrest date and just got an email today saying it was issued today. Hopefully it comes in the mail on Monday.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Does anyone know if I can carry even though my license was issued, but hasn't been mail yet? I have my license number that ISP emailed to me. I don't want to lose it before I get my hands on it. But then again, I would think all they would have to do is look at my driver's license and look up my LTCH number. We've been having a lot of shootings in my area lately and I have a 1 year old son and a pregnant girlfriend. I don't want to chance that either.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Does anyone know if I can carry even though my license was issued, but hasn't been mail yet? I have my license number that ISP emailed to me. I don't want to lose it before I get my hands on it. But then again, I would think all they would have to do is look at my driver's license and look up my LTCH number. We've been having a lot of shootings in my area lately and I have a 1 year old son and a pregnant girlfriend. I don't want to chance that either.

Technically, you can according to IC all you need is to be licensed and not necessarily have the physical license on you. However I personally wouldn't carry without the permission slip. If you were going to anyways I would have my ID plus my LTCH number handy.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Technically, you can according to IC all you need is to be licensed and not necessarily have the physical license on you. However I personally wouldn't carry without the permission slip. If you were going to anyways I would have my ID plus my LTCH number handy.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just write my LTCH # down and go that route. We've been safe all this time without it, but we've actually had a few close calls. So now that I'm legal, I'm not taking any chances. When you're airing your tire up and you have 4 guys pull up on mopeds and stare in your window at your pregnant girlfriend and kid, making sexual remarks, then look at you like "what are you going to do about it?", you tend to not want to mess around. I'm no small guy, and I took care of it without a gun. But if one or more of them had been armed, I'm sure there would have been more than words thrown.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just write my LTCH # down and go that route. We've been safe all this time without it, but we've actually had a few close calls. So now that I'm legal, I'm not taking any chances. When you're airing your tire up and you have 4 guys pull up on mopeds and stare in your window at your pregnant girlfriend and kid, making sexual remarks, then look at you like "what are you going to do about it?", you tend to not want to mess around. I'm no small guy, and I took care of it without a gun. But if one or more of them had been armed, I'm sure there would have been more than words thrown.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Now, get some training.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    Online Application Filled on 3/28/2014
    Paid online @ this time...
    Fingerprinting L-1 on 4/1/2014
    Local PD Payment on 4/2/2014
    Saw the Chief of Police today when out he advised he approved my application several days ago...So sometime this past week..
    I do have two convictions listed 1st one was 2005 resisting law enforcement and 2008 Public intoxication. The RLE was actually done by the mentioned Chief. He was Sgt at the time. Hoping his approval of application will help things out. Also I have had a LTCH in the past with no suspensions or gun violations 2001 to 2005 wish had gotten lifetime! I have my typical doubt I will receive license until I see the pink paper in the mail. I'm hearing a lot about folks receiving emails that their licenses have been mailed. Is this a new protocol?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    What do you think Letric? You've been around for some time now. Tell me it will be ok... LOL!

Don't know for sure. Typically if the local LEO recommends you be approved, ISP will usually go along with the recommendation.

The PI was no doubt a misdemeanor, was the RLE a felony charge ? According to the IC (below) you should be out of the five year window.

IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the
    person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1)
    year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78), unless a court
    has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a
    handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a
    propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's
    application;
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an
    adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;......snip

I wouldn't expect anything like others have experienced getting their ticket in a matter of days, but I would expect a result within the 60 day time frame allowed by statute. Even denials have been coming in a timely fashion.

Keep in mind, even if you get denied, there is an appeal process.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    I'm mostly certain the rle was misdemeanor offense. I was to serve a full 24 hours for the whole thing and that was only due to my being held up at work and was late for court. Judge made a lasting impression to not miss my court time. While I'm asking questions. The way I read the question was I needed to list all convictions. Correct? I didn't list all charges that were added too I'm guessing scare me at the time. I just listed convictions as I looked up the details on doxpop website that has such records. Another question. How long should I wait before inquiring about my status? Thanks lectric and or whoever chimes in.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Mopeds? Guess they didn't get the call from the 80's requesting their bikes back.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm mostly certain the rle was misdemeanor offense. I was to serve a full 24 hours for the whole thing and that was only due to my being held up at work and was late for court. Judge made a lasting impression to not miss my court time. While I'm asking questions. The way I read the question was I needed to list all convictions. Correct? I didn't list all charges that were added too I'm guessing scare me at the time. I just listed convictions as I looked up the details on doxpop website that has such records. Another question. How long should I wait before inquiring about my status? Thanks lectric and or whoever chimes in.

In your case, I'd give it 30 days, at least.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Mopeds? Guess they didn't get the call from the 80's requesting their bikes back.

Mopeds are too common down here (in the Princeton/Evansville area). Too many thug wannabes who have messed up any chance of getting a driver's license. I have friends and family who drive them to save on gas or because they can't afford a car. But these wannabes ride in packs like they're "biker boyz" and cause trouble all the time. Sometimes I wish I could give them a little nudge down the road with my Jeep.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    Mopeds are too common down here (in the Princeton/Evansville area). Too many thug wannabes who have messed up any chance of getting a driver's license. I have friends and family who drive them to save on gas or because they can't afford a car. But these wannabes ride in packs like they're "biker boyz" and cause trouble all the time. Sometimes I wish I could give them a little nudge down the road with my Jeep.

Mopeds are like fat chicks. Fun until your friends catch you on them. I have had both!

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    So Conner. Sounds like your application went through pretty fast. How did you go about contacting them? I'm sure they don't want us unpatient folks juat asking how much longer? Even though feel that way

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom