• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Hi! I'm with the State and I'm here to help you!!!

Applied online 0n 04/11/10.Fingerprinted and filed with IMPD on 04/13/10. IMPD money order cashed 04/15/10. I did not find this thread regarding the advisability of using L1 security for finger printing until after I had applied. We shall see. :dunno: :n00b:

Last edited:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Called today and they said they are running at 10 weeks after receiving the application before processing. My wife applied to today in Mishawaka and both the clerk and officer doing finger printing remarked at the recent increase (again) of applications for LTCH. I probably have another month to go for mine at least. Grrrr.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I called the ISP today and they are processing the applications from 2/23/10. Thats when your M/O was cashed not when you filed. They also said there was more than 900 apps to go through from this date.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I called today as well, I mailed my packet on 3/10, should have arrived NLT 3/12. I called on 4/12 (30 days) asked if I was in the system yet. She checked and nothing. Told me then that it was a 6-8 week process time frame. Today when I called, who ever answered the phone wouldn't even look to see if i was in the system. Got off the phone, and said a few bad words in honor of not being helped. Guess I'll wait until the 12th and try again.

Point of note: If you use a Postal Money Order, the only way you can check to see if it has been cashed is by paying a $5 tracking fee. I also would have liked to have known about the L1 system, that seems like the way to go.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    This thread is getting VERY depressing.

I'm wondering if some of us are doing calculations wrong. I've been calculating from the time that I turned in my application to my local PD. I guess I should be calculating from the time that the ISP receives it?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Yes. The 8 to 10 weeks begins when the State Police cash your check. I understand that it is taking IMPD 4 weeks just to finish their part and get them to the state. :xmad: :noway:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Come on guys, quit complaining. You're acting like you have a RIGHT to keep and bear arms in Indiana and in the United States.

It's just like when you apply for any other privilege license, like a driver's license. It usually takes 90 days for the state to process your driver's license.

Seriously though, why isn't it faster to get a license to carry than it is to get a license to drive.

1. We have a right to carry.
    2. More people die from auto accidents than from firearms.
    3. WE HAVE A RIGHT TO CARRY.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    "Proper Person"

But only if we kneel to be dubbed a," Proper Person" in the kingdom of Indiana. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, why isn't it faster to get a license to carry than it is to get a license to drive.

1. We have a right to carry.
    2. More people die from auto accidents than from firearms.
    3. WE HAVE A RIGHT TO CARRY.[/quote]

Last edited:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    OK!

I just called again to check on my LTCH and the woman who answered the phone, very polite BTW, told me that they are processing applications received on the 1st of March and verifying applications received on the 4th of March.

She also told me, again, that they are currently running about 10 weeks behind.

So, if my little math skills are even close, my application, which should have been received on or about March 12th, should be entered/issued on or about May 25-25.

Two and a half more weeks..... :runaway: :tantrum: :faint: :xmad: :wallbash:

Le Doug

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    OK!

I just called again to check on my LTCH and the woman who answered the phone, very polite BTW, told me that they are processing applications received on the 1st of March and verifying applications received on the 4th of March.

She also told me, again, that they are currently running about 10 weeks behind.

So, if my little math skills are even close, my application, which should have been received on or about March 12th, should be entered/issued on or about May 25-25.

Two and a half more weeks..... :runaway: :tantrum: :faint: :xmad: :wallbash:

Le Doug
    Dude!

So, since I gave my app to the Beech Grove PD on March 10th, I probably won't see my LTCH until June or July!!!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Dude!

So, since I gave my app to the Beech Grove PD on March 10th, I probably won't see my LTCH until June or July!!!

I would think, just by the way the processing verification is running now, that you may hear something by May 24-25 too. Like I said, I sent mine in and it should have arrived by 3/12 and since they're working on 3/1 (entering into system) I would think that they will be entering 3/12 on or about 5/24 or 25. Just a rough estimation is all I saying...no inside info...just a guess

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    I applied for my LTCH on January 25th. I called ISP again today. The lady who answered the telephone was very polite and even apologized for the length of time I have been waiting. When she heard me say I applied on January 25th, she said that's a long time even with the consideration that they are backlogged with applications. She looked up my application and told me my LTCH was mailed to me yesterday. IF I receive it in the mail soon, I think that makes a three month and two week wait to receive my LTCH. Oh well, as long as I have it soon, I'll be done with the whole ridiculous mess of having to apply for a gun permit in Indiana for the rest of my life.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom