Not open for further replies.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Got us by the short ones!!

What if law-abiding citizens had to wait 3 months or so for an operator's license? How long would it take before people would just go ahead and drive anyway...and driving a car is not even a Constitutional right! I have always done everything by the letter of the law (with a couple lapses in my college daze) and would never advocate breaking the law, but geez. I see potentially dangerous people outside my door daily and I can't protect myself until I get a piece of pink paper in the mail when ever they finally get caught up? Hire some more people if apps are backed up..as a taxpayer of Marion Cnty, I give them my authorization. =)

I would go to the ISP website and say much the same thing, however if I do I'm sure it would be a real cold day before I ever saw that pink paper!! :xmad: :dunno:

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    If our online activities are being monitored then many of us are screwed. The amount of ammo, survival, camping gear, or otherwise "moutainman whacko gear" I've ordered over the past couple years, geesh. All people on here remember/use the 2nd Amend. But, folks sometimes forget the 1st. If you're not saying or doing anything wrong how can you be punished? I am a strict Constitutionalist and have an MA in Constitutional/political history...weird degree I know, but I was a poli sci US history undergrad...
    Best

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    If our online activities are being monitored then many of us are screwed. The amount of ammo, survival, camping gear, or otherwise "moutainman whacko gear" I've ordered over the past couple years, geesh. All people on here remember/use the 2nd Amend. But, folks sometimes forget the 1st. If you're not saying or doing anything wrong how can you be punished? I am a strict Constitutionalist and have an MA in Constitutional/political history...weird degree I know, but I was a poli sci US history undergrad...
    Best

I did'nt mean on here. I was talking about going to the official Indiana State Police website where they have a link to contact the Superintendent. If they are monitoring this site for that type of feedback (which I doubt) then they are already aware of our anger and frustration (which I doubt)!! Or they just don't care (that I believe)!!! :rolleyes:

salamander42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I finally went down and got printed and everything on Wednesday 5/19/10. The nice little old lady who did my prints told me it would be 12 - 14 weeks. Guess I've got plenty of time to save up and buy something else to carry. :P

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    As stated before, I applied with the Beech Grove Police Department on March 10th. So, today is 10 1/2 weeks from then. I doubt the BGPD took long in mailing mine to the state, so my License should be here any day now.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Just got off the phone with lady at ISP firearms division. She confirmed that they are ten weeks behind in processing applications. She stated that they have more than 5000, yes that's five thousand! applications waiting to be processed. I asked if I could withdraw my application so that I could re-apply using L1 Security and she said no and that if I filed another application and they wound up with two for the same applicant in the system it might be delayed indefinitely while they sorted that out. Oh well!! :xmad: :dunno: :noway:
    If they have 5,000 applications at any given time, then that means $375,000 in receivables. And that's just for the first part of the year. I bet they bring in $500,000 to $750,000 this year alone!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I am so tired of this waiting game. I just called again. The lady told me they are processing applications received 3/10 - 3/12. I told here that my application was sent in on 3/10 and asked if she would check to see if my name has made it to the system yet. She told me "Sir, I guarantee your name has not been entered yet." I asked her, How can you guarantee that, you don't know my name. She stumbled for something to say, then asked for my name.

:crying: I am not in there yet.

So, if you sent your application in 3/10 - 3/12, they should be getting close to processing it.

Le Doug

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I am so tired of this waiting game. I just called again. The lady told me they are processing applications received 3/10 - 3/12. I told here that my application was sent in on 3/10 and asked if she would check to see if my name has made it to the system yet. She told me "Sir, I guarantee your name has not been entered yet." I asked her, How can you guarantee that, you don't know my name. She stumbled for something to say, then asked for my name.

:crying: I am not in there yet.

So, if you sent your application in 3/10 - 3/12, they should be getting close to processing it.

Le Doug
    Oh boy, this is so frustrating. I should have done this years ago but I was stupid!

So, if I got my to BGPD on 03/10, and let's say they mailed it within a week. Then I've got another week or two left.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Man this is depressing.....I was finger printed 4/1 and met with the Carmel police chief the same day and said mine would be sent in the next day.....and the waiting continues.................

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    The sad thing is we, as a group, could file all the complaints we want...nothing will change. There's is absolutely no expectation of an apology for the delay from the app. processors. You better believe at 11:30 they clock out for lunch and at 4:00 they clock out to leave for the day. Every job I've ever held, if there was something to be done, I would stay late and or come in early to get caught up, it wasn't fun, but it was the right thing to do.

end rant, sorry...not really helpful I guess

Le Doug

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Never make it in this chicken outfit!

The sad thing is we, as a group, could file all the complaints we want...nothing will change. There's is absolutely no expectation of an apology for the delay from the app. processors. You better believe at 11:30 they clock out for lunch and at 4:00 they clock out to leave for the day. Every job I've ever held, if there was something to be done, I would stay late and or come in early to get caught up, it wasn't fun, but it was the right thing to do.

end rant, sorry...not really helpful I guess

Le Doug

Come in early? Stay late? Work hard? Do the right thing??? Wow Bubba you just washed out of bureaucrat101!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom