• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    Fingerprinting at L1 facility 15 mins in/out for $10.95 + $75 ISP Fee = $85.95
    Downtown Indy City County Building $50 application fee + $1 parking = $51.00
    Lunch at Shapiro's afterwards Rueben NY Style with my son = $42.00
    Spending the day with my son = Priceless

I'll let ya know how long it takes!
    :popcorn:

Received my Lifetime in da mail today. Submitted May 27th and received June 4th! L1 is the way to go!!

:rockwoot: :patriot: :p:cheers::wow::bacondance::woot:

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I wonder how in his quest to,"streamline government", and,"privatize", so many aspects of government the Gov. missed this opportunity to turn the whole issuance of the LTCH over to L1 Security. All we would need by law would be a rubber stamp signature from the ISP Superintendent after L1 did the legwork. Win,win for all concerned! :dunno: :rolleyes:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Person answering the phone said processing applications recieved there March 20. Was told to find out when my cashier's check was cashed and add ten weeks. If getting into 11th week then call.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Person answering the phone said processing applications recieved there March 20. Was told to find out when my cashier's check was cashed and add ten weeks. If getting into 11th week then call.
    LOL. Are they now lying to us? As of yesterday, they were processing apps received on 03/15. Where did the other 5 days go???

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've got a 4-year. Can I transition it into a lifetime any time I want? I'm on about year 2 or so

You can only renew 6 months prior to your current ltch expiring! That is what my wife and I where told last year! And ours took aprox 11 weeks to recieve after applying. Well before our old ones expired.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I put mine in at the end of March and am still not so patiently waiting!! I will give it an other week before calling. A watched mailbox never pukes up a permit?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    How long did it take?

I mailed my packet in on 3/10 and got my LTCH in the mail today.

My wife sent hers in the same day and hers came this past Thursday.

I think mine was held up because I applied for the life time and she applied for the four year.

I posted numbers in one of the above threads, give 'em a call and ask about it.

IrishFiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    If anyone hasn't applied yet, make sure you do the online app and pay for it on line. Then make sure you use L-1 for prints. No lie - I applied (4 yr) on 5/28, and got the license today, 6/4. FWPD did a second set of prints, by the way.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Hey everybody!

I've been lurking for a few days and obtained a wealth of information to assist me in taking on the man for my LTCH.

I'll go in detail the steps I took to apply and what happened/where it happened.

In my area in Wayne county is a lot of crap that I won't go in to detail with, I just felt it was necessary to exercise my right to carry a handgun and protect myself and my 2 young boys.

I started a search for a "CCW" since I was unaware you could "open carry" anywhere. With that Google search, I came across this website and started lurking. I used the information obtained here to use the link provided and apply online. With the way my luck is, I made the assumption my county would not be listed on the site lol, but it was and I was thankful for that.

So I start the application and come across the dreaded "Mental illness" question. I selected yes because I refuse to lie on any government document, especially being the sole provider for my 2 kids, I don't need anymore bull**** than what's already attached to applying for a permit.

My selection of yes for the Mental illness question stems from when I was a child. My uncle was murdered at the age of 15 when I was 8, and I dealt with the first and only loss in my life. It was awful..but I was just a kid, so my mother took me to a therapist to talk about it and get it off my chest when I was 12 since I was sheltering myself. No biggie just a kid dealing with a loss like that is terrible.

So anyway, I check yes, Pay my $85.95 and schedule my appointment with a local place that participates with L-1 for fingerprinting. I go to my appointment, which was 6/1/10. The lady was very nice, took my fingerprints and I watched her submit them and the "processed" dialog popped up and she said "Ok, they have them". I enlisted in the Military in 2005 and went through that for my Secret Clearance so it's nothing for me. No second tries, everything was good.

I proceed to ask her where I have to go next, the Sheriff's office or the local PD. She told me a while ago they handled everything at the Sheriff's office, so that was my next stop. I leave the L-1 place and head right to the Sheriff's office where the Deputy at the window asks for my confirmation # and ID. I hand her my ID and she asks if I still live at the address listed, I answered yes, and she told me I had to go to the local PD because the Sheriff's office only processes permit's for people that live outside of my city.

I go to the local PD and the lady that processes applications is at lunch (Damnit!). I go to the playground with my kids for an hour and head back. The lady pulls up my application in the computer and prints off some things. She asks me how I went about applying and I told her I just got done with my fingerprints and already paid the ISP electronically. She has the paper in front of her and she's looking it over and it blatantly and in bold letters show my answer of "YES" to the mental illness/therapy question and that my last interaction with a doctor was in 2001.

She doesn't ask about it or for any paperwork, Takes my $60.00, gives me $10.00 back and says she'll call me when my background check gets in. I asked her how long that would be and she said "About a week". That was Tuesday, so hopefully it comes back faster or this Tuesday and we can go ahead and forward it all to the ISP so I can get my little pink card.

I'm not sure if the mental illness thing has some sort of thing tied to it where it only matters if it's been within a certain number of years, but she obviously saw it and took my money. The receipt listed that the money was being deposited for "Training" as the reason. Either way I have not received it yet, but I'm eagerly waiting and will update you guys on whether or not the question comes up with ISP or it's just processed. Thanks again for all the good information and look for me being very active within the community!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    After I was a moron and forgot to renew mine before it expired, it was an 11.5 week wait from the time I put in my application and money orders with the Brownsburg Police Dept. before my new LTCH arrived.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Nothing today. Will be 13 weeks on Wednesday since I walked into the Beech Grove Police Department with my $125.00. With that $125.00, I began a quest to BUY BACK my constitutional right to bear arms. Did you hear that? I'm buying my right to bear arms, and at a substantial wait as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom