• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MagillaG67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Nothing today. Will be 13 weeks on Wednesday since I walked into the Beech Grove Police Department with my $125.00. With that $125.00, I began a quest to BUY BACK my constitutional right to bear arms. Did you hear that? I'm buying my right to bear arms, and at a substantial wait as well.

I applied the same day as you. The first 12 weeks were disappointing. Now I'm starting to get :xmad:. Just sent the ISP an email.
    The clerk at my local PD told me "You should get it in about 3 weeks, since everything's done electronically" She had no idea how wrong she was.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Nothing today. Will be 13 weeks on Wednesday since I walked into the Beech Grove Police Department with my $125.00. With that $125.00, I began a quest to BUY BACK my constitutional right to bear arms. Did you hear that? I'm buying my right to bear arms, and at a substantial wait as well.

Dang, well at least someone else is still waiting. I was really concerned too because my fiancé applied 3/4/10 and still hasn't got it. This Thursday will be her 14th week of waiting.

She has called and e-mailed them to see if it was lost or anything. They told her that it was impossible for them to know that, but that they could tell her she wasn't in the system yet. They also told her to call the number on her money order to find out when it was cashed. The guy said they are working on 10 weeks from the date it was cashed...no phone number on the money order stub though. If the IC says they have 60 business days to issue the license, then it may be time to call a lawyer in the next week or so.

r.o.b.o.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    where is the money order from? if its a moneygram from walmart or something you can call the automated number found online and use the numbers from the stub to find out if its been cashed

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    The envolope the local PD gave me to mail my form in didnt have a room number on it or anything. I had a picture in my mind of my form sitting in the mail room for weeks before it got sorted and delivered to the wrong dept so I hand delivered my form 5 weeks ago. We will see if that helps my wait any.

I bought a G19 and took it to the range a couple times before I learned I was breaking the law doing it. Glad I found that out reading this site and not from a LEO.

Last edited:

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    completed my application, paid the fine state of indiana my money, and got fingerprinted today....... now i begin the wait with the some of you guys to get my license to carry....

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    completed my application, paid the fine state of indiana my money, and got fingerprinted today....... now i begin the wait with the some of you guys to get my license to carry....

I hope you had been reading these posts before you applied and used the L1 Security option on the online application form. :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Yeah, if you didn't go with L1, it's going to take a while. I wonder what ISP would think if a bunch of us had a get together outside their office with our rifles and shotguns carried out in the open, since that's all some of us can legally carry right now, due to their "backlog".

It might at least get the attention of some local news? Meh...who knows. I feel bad for you guys. I can't imagine not having my pistol on me all day every day.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    i did not use L1, unfortunately it sounds..... but i did apply for the lifetime.... so after what is bound to be a long and anxious wait.... i hopefully never have to go thru it again at least

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    i did not use L1, unfortunately it sounds..... but i did apply for the lifetime.... so after what is bound to be a long and anxious wait.... i hopefully never have to go thru it again at least

Congratulation on applying for the lifetime license. It is nice to not have to worry about it every four years. And since you're 21, you saved quite a bit of money. I applied for the lifetime when I was 20-21 for that very reason.

What are you planning on carrying once you get the license?

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I just called my local bank.........applied march 31st and my cashiers check hasn't been cashed as of today (june 9th). If the wait is 10 weeks after it gets cashed, i'm going to be a little P*****!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I just called my local bank.........applied march 31st and my cashiers check hasn't been cashed as of today (june 9th). If the wait is 10 weeks after it gets cashed, i'm going to be a little P*****!
    2 1/2 months after application and it's still sitting in escrow? Oh dear!

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe the problem is getting worse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom