• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Got mine in two days before you, and still nothing here. If you gets yours before mine, I am gonna get worried. Getting sick of being an outlaw.

They need to mail them soon, or we wont get them before the weekend! Mail from Indy normally takes two days to get here, so they need to hop to it before Thursday!

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    My girlfriend just went through the L-1 process in Hamilton County / Fishers PD. 12 Days from fingerprints to pink paper. (7/15 to 7/27) Not trying to beat a dead horse, but if the online application / L1 option is available in your county - DO IT!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Found out the money order wasn't cashed until May 17. so I guess I probably have a couple more weeks to wait. What takes so long to complete the process? Maybe there's a built in "cooling off period" nobody knows about :):.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Found out the money order wasn't cashed until May 17. so I guess I probably have a couple more weeks to wait. What takes so long to complete the process? Maybe there's a built in "cooling off period" nobody knows about :):.

There's probably only 2 Public Servants handling all these 1000's of applications.

Not excusing them - not at all - just pointing out the (probable) reality of the situation. :(

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    No love from the State of Indiana today.

...And that's the way it is on July 29th, 2010, the 24th day of the denial of my Constitutional and statutory right to bear arms.

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    There's probably only 2 Public Servants handling all these 1000's of applications.

Not excusing them - not at all - just pointing out the (probable) reality of the situation. :(

In the email to Jeff Espich, State Representative, it was claimed that three new part-timers have been added. The best I can figure is they need to process about 75 apps per working day. So, five workers can't do 15 apps each per day? So..hire a couple more and catch up. It is funny that the man joshuaw talked to lost his patience...they are under fire now.

The best idea is to forward the apps to L-1 upon receipt and bypass the counties approval of the online option by doing it after the fact. My money order was cashed June 1. If the license isn't here in 70 days, another email to Mr. Espich will be sent....giving an extra 10 days eliminates any nit-picking over mailing time, etc.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I talked with the Supervisor he told me they do approximately 600 APPS a day around 400 pass and around 200 denied . He told me that since 2006 things have been crazy . I didn't want to give him my name because I don't want mine to end up in the bottom of the pile but 600 APPS a day that seems crazy to me . I think they do more like 10 a day and eat allot of pizza and doughnuts :) its been 9 weeks for me and my Money order has yet to be cashed. Not very happy Since they say add another 12 weeks after it has been cashed :(

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Could it be that the word got out that just taking your handgun from home to range was illegal without the pink paper? People want to be legal. I know there had been some misconception for awhile and crops up once every now and again. That may be why they're swamped too. That and people are awakening to their rights.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Could it be that the word got out that just taking your handgun from home to range was illegal without the pink paper? People want to be legal. I know there had been some misconception for awhile and crops up once every now and again. That may be why they're swamped too. That and people are awakening to their rights.

I brought this up already. Our rights no longer exist. They have been reduced to a licensing scheme. The indiana supreme court ruled in this in the 50s. I take my gun from home to range and all in between while I wait. I'll worry about legalities after a perp.

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I talked with the Supervisor he told me they do approximately 600 APPS a day around 400 pass and around 200 denied . He told me that since 2006 things have been crazy . I didn't want to give him my name because I don't want mine to end up in the bottom of the pile but 600 APPS a day that seems crazy to me . I think they do more like 10 a day and eat allot of pizza and doughnuts :) its been 9 weeks for me and my Money order has yet to be cashed. Not very happy Since they say add another 12 weeks after it has been cashed :(

If it has been 9 weeks since you applied and they have not cashed your MO I think something is wrong. Their policy is to cash checks/MO within 3 days of receiving them (though they are late with that as well). Mine was cashed in 10 days.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I had the wife check on the money order she works for the Post Office and it shows not cashed yet I have called them twice, they say the post Office always says there not cashed yet , so i had him look to see if I was in the system yet and nothing shows yet so not sure what to do at this point

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

I have spoken to at least three so far.

There is no way they are processing 150,000 apps per year. I doubt they were in the days of "President Elect" Obama, much less now.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I agree no way possible there's that many Peeps in Indiana that are applying , I wanted to tell him he was full of sh!t lol I didn't give him my first name I had him check on lat name and nothing came up so gonna just have wife check again tomorrow really nothing else I can do since I'm not in an L1 county kinda sucks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom