Not open for further replies.

SBG40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
    LTCH

Different states issue different types. I believe CCW stands for Carrying Concealed Weapon. Meaning you can only carry concealed. Indiana issues LTCH (License To Carry Handgun. Meaning you can conceal or open carry. In IN Open Carry is legal.

Yes that is 100% right here in the great state of Indiana you can carry any way you want meaning open carry or concealed and having said that you can carry aswell as many weapons on your person as you want, I Love Indiana.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes that is 100% right here in the great state of Indiana you can carry any way you want meaning open carry or concealed and having said that you can carry aswell as many weapons on your person as you want, I Love Indiana.

You just responded to a post that is almost 4 years old. Ladies and gentlemen, i think we have a new track record!

:D

USMCsergeant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Vincennes
    I just recently got my lifetime LTCH in October and received it in less than 2 weeks. My friend got one on the same day as me, but it took another week for him to receive his.

scott08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Might be a new record. St Joesph County, Paid local on Wednesday afternoon, received Lifetime LTCH on Saturday. Not even 3 full days. Obviously online/L1.

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    November 2011. I got my lifetime LTCH in Hendricks county through online application/L-1 process. L-1 fingerprints taken and police office application on the same day, then 5 days later I received the LTCH.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    In Noblesville I did the L1 on Friday December 2nd using a credit card. Then went to the Noblesville PD and they said I can't come in and pay the local fee until I get a phone call saying my background check cleared.

That's not what I read on the website so I decided I would come back at a different time and maybe get someone more knowledgeable. Of course I got the same lady saying the same thing.

Can anyone clarify if this is correct? From reading posts on this thread it sounds like people immediately visited their PD and paid their local fee.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    In Noblesville I did the L1 on Friday December 2nd using a credit card. Then went to the Noblesville PD and they said I can't come in and pay the local fee until I get a phone call saying my background check cleared.

That's not what I read on the website so I decided I would come back at a different time and maybe get someone more knowledgeable. Of course I got the same lady saying the same thing.

Can anyone clarify if this is correct? From reading posts on this thread it sounds like people immediately visited their PD and paid their local fee.
    i would go back today and if its the same lady (probably will be) id ask to speak to the Chief of Police. Settle it then the PD can run their own local background check if they want but from what i understand the ISP does the background check and then issues your LTCH. I never got a phone call saying my background check cleared well i never got a phone call at all just applied online paid Via CC state fees and L1 did L1 next day paid local fees next day had my LTCH in 10 days after it took the USPS 6days to mail it to me.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    i would go back today and if its the same lady (probably will be) id ask to speak to the Chief of Police. Settle it then the PD can run their own local background check if they want but from what i understand the ISP does the background check and then issues your LTCH. I never got a phone call saying my background check cleared well i never got a phone call at all just applied online paid Via CC state fees and L1 did L1 next day paid local fees next day had my LTCH in 10 days after it took the USPS 6days to mail it to me.

Thanks for this info. I'll be heading back there today and will post an update on what happens.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It's been so long since I got mine, I didn't do the L-1 (as it wasn't as prominent at the time)...but I need some info about it now.
    If you peeps wouldn't mind, could you post up a step by step of the pages/form it takes you through (online)/setting up fingerprint appointments, etc....what you're allowed to pay with online (paypal? cc only?) ...and post what the current fee is?
    I'd appreciate it to pass along...thanks!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It's been so long since I got mine, I didn't do the L-1 (as it wasn't as prominent at the time)...but I need some info about it now.
    If you peeps wouldn't mind, could you post up a step by step of the pages/form it takes you through (online)/setting up fingerprint appointments, etc....what you're allowed to pay with online (paypal? cc only?) ...and post what the current fee is?
    I'd appreciate it to pass along...thanks!

Found this thread in the FAQ :D
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._defense/80108-why_apply_for_ltch_online.html

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    Applied for lifetime LTCH online - Nov 6. L1 fingerprinting - Nov 10. Received phone call from sheriff's department stating my application was approved - Nov 21. Paid local fee - Nov 22. Today is Dec 14......still waiting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom