stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok updating my progress.

December 2nd I did my L1

December 14th I got a call from Noblesville PD telling me my background check was complete.

December 15th I paid my $50 local fee. I was told 10 more days until I get the license.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    Applied for lifetime LTCH online - Nov 6. L1 fingerprinting - Nov 10. Received phone call from sheriff's department stating my application was approved - Nov 21. Paid local fee - Nov 22. Today is Dec 14......still waiting.

Oh man.. I hope I don't end up in your shoes. Have you called to see how things are progressing? Maybe the local PD forgot or failed to transmit it?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    When wife and I did L1 back in Oct, we were in the LPD (Plainfield) the next day and they submitted everything then. It was 10 days later for us but I forgot about vets day and had called ISP gun division on the monday after and she said it was issued but nobody was in the office on that friday for Vets day. What's with the phone call saying background check was done that you guys are waiting for?

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    What's with the phone call saying background check was done that you guys are waiting for?

It appears Carmel and Noblesville does their own background checks in addition to the state background check. Yep, a local background check. Guess they wanted to see if I had any unpaid parking tickets LOL.

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    It appears Carmel and Noblesville does their own background checks in addition to the state background check. Yep, a local background check. Guess they wanted to see if I had any unpaid parking tickets LOL.

It is pretty obvious... when I went to "interview" with the Chief he had my record... lots of stuff highlighted on it... not sure why.. shouldn't be anything on it other than where I was born, where I live, etc. ... *shrugs* .. but yeah, that appears to be part of the wait here in Carmel... well that and having to "interview". Filled online ap day before Thansgiving, L1 prints the Tuesday following... the earliest 'interview' was tuesday a few days ago... and I was told "a week or two" before I get it.

rgoodin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    just applied for mine today 15 Dec. Will do prints tomorrow. I ll update when I get it

UPDATE - MINE ARRIVED IN THE MAIL 30DEC11

Last edited:

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    Update

Applied for lifetime LTCH online - Nov 6. L1 fingerprinting - Nov 10. Received phone call from sheriff's department stating my application was approved - Nov 21. Paid local fee - Nov 22. Today is Dec 14......still waiting.

Dec 16: Called ISP today. They said I was in the system but they hadn't heard anything from local. Called local. They said oops sorry, we never sent it in. They sent it in today and said I should have it in 7 days.

Also, the guy at ISP was very helpful and polite The local PD was very nice as well.

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Yeah, this thread has had a LONG life. I first posted on this one probably 3 years ago when it took over 60 days for my LTCH to arrive. Seeing how fast they do it now says they're getting caught up, and/or have really streamlined the process.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    Applied and L1'd on 12/15, went to City County building on 12/16. I'm not getting my hopes up for getting it this week...

EDIT: I got it on 12/22. 4 business days is pretty quick...

Last edited:

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    11/24/2011 - Completed App online
    11/29/2011 - First available L1 within the two closest facilities (app +5 days)
    12/13/2011 - First available appointment with Carmel (app +19 days)
    12/22/2011 - In my mailbox (app +28 days)

Not too bad... do wish the local pd/sheriff part was just taken out.. i really dont see the point (we didnt have it in Texas)... but thats just my bias. :)

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    03/16: Online App
    03/19: L-1 Printing
    03/22: Paid fees at local PD
    03/30: Received "Pink Paper" in mailbox

I went with the L-1 and paid it and ISP fees with cc, and money order at the local PD. I believe I read somewhere that mail backlog was like 12 weeks and a buddy from work did his less than a year before and said it took about 4 months. :rolleyes:

Not sure if it was here on INGO(I believe it was), I read a couple peeps mention L-1 was great for them, got their stuff in like ~7 days, so that was what I chose and did not regret it.

p.s. If you plan on going that route, use some lotion on the old hands. The girl who took my prints said I was super easy to do compared to all the truckers and old ladies she usually gets... I think she said something to the extent of trying to fingerprint beef jerky. :laugh:

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Completed online application on 11/7/11
    Paid fee at city county building on 11/9/11
    Did the L1 finger printing on 11/10/11
    Called ISP on 12/21/11 to find out the status and they stated they hadn't received anything.
    Called my local sheriff on 12/21/11 and they stated they sent it to the ISP.
    Called the ISP a few minutes later and explained that local said they've sent it to ISP. I gave ISP local sherif number and was advised to call back a bit later for results. Called back 30 minutes later and ISP says local sheriff is sorry they forgot to send to ISP.
    So hopefully will be getting my lifetime soon as it expires 1/7/12.
    Lastly I did this all with my daughter and she received hers in less than 2 weeks.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Went and did L1 and Marion Co. city/county on 12-19-11 Permit came in mail on 12-24-11 just as fast as the first one I applied for almost 30 years ago.

Dudeguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    LTCH speedy turn around!

I applied for mine online, went to L-1 for printing/ submitting state fee.

Had to make the trek home (hour drive) to submit local fee.

After the payments had been received properly (took a few days cause I'm from a SMALL town), I got mine in less than a week!!

Delivered on a saturday too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom