• Status
    Not open for further replies.

s@w410

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    ltch

mine got lost in the shuffle last year, sent it in memorial day weekend and got it in september

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Did the L-1 and paid my local fees on 2/1 was told 7 to 10 business days. Still waiting if they are right should have my lifetime next week. We shall see.

dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    my permit expires not til 09/13 next year can i go ahead and apply for a lifetime or have to wait til my 4 year permit expires? let me know thank you

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    my permit expires not til 09/13 next year can i go ahead and apply for a lifetime or have to wait til my 4 year permit expires? let me know thank you

You'll have to wait until your at least 365 days out. Here is the IC:

According to IC 35-47-2-6, the period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins 365 before the expiration of the existing license

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Firearms_licensing_FAQs(1).pdf

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Tomorrow will be three weeks since we applied for our lifetime LTCH at the Speedway PD...checking the mail everyday like a kid on Christmas morning! :delivery:

birdwing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Lowell
    I filled out the online app on a Monday morning and set up an appointment for electronic fingerprints that same afternoon. On my way home from the prints I stopped at my local pd to pay the fee. I found my license in the mailbox that thursday. I was told up to 12 weeks and I got it in 2 days!!!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I filled out the online app on a Monday morning and set up an appointment for electronic fingerprints that same afternoon. On my way home from the prints I stopped at my local pd to pay the fee. I found my license in the mailbox that thursday. I was told up to 12 weeks and I got it in 2 days!!!

Wish mine was that quick! Maybe because you're right by the state police post?

Local PD told me 6-8 weeks. My only slight problem might be proving my residency in Indiana for 183 days or whatever it is. I've been here longer than that but my DL is brand new.

My SSN shows me living here for nearly 7 months though, so hopefully they will correlate the two.

I will be pissed if they reject me for that.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    My only slight problem might be proving my residency in Indiana for 183 days or whatever it is. I've been here longer than that but my DL is brand new.

I've "lived" in Indiana with my wife between jobs on the road for 4 years. But I only recently got my license in Indiana when I got a job that actually keeps me in the state. I just put down how long I've actually been here (not how long my license says), and didn't have any issues getting my LTCH. YMMV

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    When I initially applied, I was told to get the L-1 fingerprints otherwise you would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks. Don't know how the others got their fingerprints taken but the L-1 is definitely faster. Hang in there it's will eventually come.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My daughter got hers yesterday, about a month long process.:rockwoot::ingo:

My son applied the same week as his kid sister, and he is still waiting, but she applied in Hamilton County (Fishers) and he applied in Marion County (Lawrence). Both filed the old way,(non electronic).

Last edited:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I've "lived" in Indiana with my wife between jobs on the road for 4 years. But I only recently got my license in Indiana when I got a job that actually keeps me in the state. I just put down how long I've actually been here (not how long my license says), and didn't have any issues getting my LTCH. YMMV

Ya know I don't even remember that there was a space for saying how long I'd been in Indiana but I think there must've been LOL.

I'm just not good at being patient. Oh well.

Edit: I looked and I said 2011-2012.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom