Not open for further replies.

noverusn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    SWI
    length of wait

Seems to me that the length of wait is a function of what county one is in. Lawrence County had my lifetime license to me (in my mailbox) 6 days after applying. I did the online application, electronic fingerprinting, and walked from the fingerprinting office to the Sheriff's office and paid the fee 15 minutes after fingerprinting. I'm sure more populated counties, or counties where the Sheriff is not so keen on the People being armed, will take longer...

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    anyone know how long it takes to get a replacement? wallet was lost so I have to order a duplicate, but there is no electronic way to do that, only snail mail....

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    update:

Mrs. DM1975 and I filled out our electronic application last friday and paid the state fee thru L1. We went today and got printed locally through L1 and paid our local PD fee.

Will report back how long it takes to get our pink slips.. I'm expecting some time next week.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Copies, copies, copies..

yeah, i didn't take the time...I made sure to sign and laminate it, haven't had it long enough to hardly make a copy.......thought I had and when I went to look for it it wasn't there, **** happens and hindsight is 20/20

anyone know how long it takes to get a duplicate, other than reminding me of what I already know?

ehoward

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Just went through all the fingerprinting last Thursday. Cant wait, hopefully it comes in sometime this week but doubtful.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    I apped in Lake county (highland)

Did the online app, L1 and went to the police station on Wednesday(you have to go between 9-12). After the interview with the sheriff he said it should be 7-14 days.

Right now it has been month tomorrow, no card yet. I'll update when it comes in.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I apped in Lake county (highland)

Did the online app, L1 and went to the police station on Wednesday(you have to go between 9-12). After the interview with the sheriff he said it should be 7-14 days.

Right now it has been month tomorrow, no card yet. I'll update when it comes in.

Almost all going through the L1 process, receive their LTCH within a week after completion of all requirements.

You may want to pick up the phone today and contact ISP's FLS.

ShyKat.22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Vincennes, Indiana
    I applied for mine in Marion County on Thursday (6-7) did L-1 process, and paid my fee's at the city county building in downtown Indy.

the BF did his yesterday in Knox County. did the L-1 process, went to pay fee's at the police station and were informed he could pick up his paperwork in a few days and then would have to mail it all in.

Will keep up to date on when we recieve ours. (mine might come before i know since Im living in vincennes but all my mail goes to my parents in Indy)

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Almost all going through the L1 process, receive their LTCH within a week after completion of all requirements.

You may want to pick up the phone today and contact ISP's FLS.

thanks....

just tried calling and of coarse they are closed. They said on the recording they are dealing with a high demand but that l1 should take 3-5 business days and manual takes up to 6 weeks.

I'll call again tomorrow and see what the problem is.

Thanks for the tip

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    thanks....

just tried calling and of coarse they are closed. They said on the recording they are dealing with a high demand but that l1 should take 3-5 business days and manual takes up to 6 weeks.

I'll call again tomorrow and see what the problem is.

Thanks for the tip

Yeah, this is highly unusual with L-1.

Maybe the Lake Co government is taking after their neighbors in Chicago?

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah, this is highly unusual with L-1.

Maybe the Lake Co government is taking after their neighbors in Chicago?

It seems like it! I did call today and spoke with a lady about the status. She said they have it there it just has not been processed yet. She told me if I don't see it by next Wednesday to give them another call.

I thought a few things may have tripped it up,
    1) I just moved here form Florida so I have a new Indiana DL/res
    2) When I went in I did not have my L1 receipt and it was two weeks after I did the L1 and that was 2 weeks after I did the online app!

She said none of that held it up. She just told me they are backed up so it is taking a little longer for some folks to get their LTCH. I am not sure what it was, but clearly with it taking a month for me just to finish the process I am in no hurry. I just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost. Overall I was still speechless I could call a state run office and someone answered the phone and was pleasant! Big change from Florida! :rockwoot: Indiana

benjaminlee06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Downtown Indy
    Has anyone heard that they are thinking of eliminating the lifetime option? I'm looking at getting mine and have heard that if I don't get it done by the end of the year there wont be a lifetime option so they can continue to generate revenue on a yearly basis.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Has anyone heard that they are thinking of eliminating the lifetime option? I'm looking at getting mine and have heard that if I don't get it done by the end of the year there wont be a lifetime option so they can continue to generate revenue on a yearly basis.

Just a rumor with no basis in fact..

clfout3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Marion County: I applied 6/13, went to L-1 in greenwood 6/14, went straight to courthouse and gave them the money order and did their process. called 6/20 and the nice gentleman informed me it was issued and in the mail I should receive on 6/22 so 7 business days 9 total days

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    I just got mine in the mail Friday and it took 4 weeks to get it from the time it got mailed to the state. Not as bad as I first thought when I was told 12 weeks by the person at the police dept.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom