• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    It's been 2 weeks (to the day) since I did the L1 and paid my local PD.. called today to see where my pink slip is, the nice young lady tells me that my wife and I are still waiting to go through background checks. They're really backlogged but they will get to us.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong w/ my background as I just purchased a new pistol from a LGS last week LOL.. Guess I'm waiting (twiddles thumbs)

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone heard that they are thinking of eliminating the lifetime option? I'm looking at getting mine and have heard that if I don't get it done by the end of the year there wont be a lifetime option so they can continue to generate revenue on a yearly basis.

Just to confirm, I recently heard from Sen. Tomes on this rumor and it's completely without merit. "Getting rid of" the lifetime option would require new legislation to be passed revoking it, or some kind of court decision stating that they're not legal (very unlikely). Lifetime should be here to stay for a long while.

I got mine awhile ago, but it took the better part of 12 weeks. Processed through the FWPD.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Just walked my mom down to get her process started today. The ladies at both the local PD and L-1 both said the turnaround is going about a week. We'll see if they know what they're talking about in a week!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Just walked my mom down to get her process started today. The ladies at both the local PD and L-1 both said the turnaround is going about a week. We'll see if they know what they're talking about in a week!

Mine could be taking longer since I had some background issues cleared up before I applied :dunno:

Wish it was only a week. I'd a been carrying 2 weeks ago LOL

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

Awesome, how old is your mom? Is she going to carry? What kind of gun does she shoot?

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    I did my online application and then prints about 4 weeks ago. Last Wednesday I finally had a chance to go by the PD to finish the process, and I had the permit in the mailbox today. That was a pretty quick turnaround.

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    The turn around time appears to be pretty fast right now. Hoping mine will arrive on Saturday. I have no background issues but a very common last name.
    I guess a lot depends on how quickly your local Sheriff or PD handles their part.

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    I applied May 3rd at both places. Someone from the state kept emailing me telling me I had to complete the process at my local PD(Muncie) which I had done. I am still checking the mailbox daily :( I hope the long wait is a good thing and not bad. I shouldn't have any issues as I purchased both a handgun and a rifle with no problems.

Signed,

Waiting :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    I completed my application process on 7/5 at the Sheriff's Office. At the time I was told 5 to 7 days. Coming from NH, where they have 14 days to give it to you or a written reason why not, I never had to wait more than 3 days. Of course in NH it was the local LE that issued a LTC and it did not have to go to the SP to be entered into a data base. We shall see just how long it takes ...

UPDATE: My LTC was in the mail this morning 7/17 :)
    Not a bad turn around time at all.

Last edited:

bsmant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    I just moved to Indiana in the last few weeks. I did the online application, was fingerprinted at the local L1 facility, and stopped by my local PD the day after my official driver's license showed up. I received my LTC in the mail 7 days later.

Coming from Illinois where they are running about 60 days for FOID cards (the law says 45 days), and considering it took 89 days to get my Florida CHP a few years ago, I'm rather impressed with the process in Indiana.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indianapolis. Filled out online form. Last Wednesday electronic fingerprints, followed by a trip downtown for the local part. License arrived in the mail today. Not bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom