• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bfaves

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    waiting game1

i am also one of the waiter's it looks like i mailed mine august 18 as i did not know about l1. so i am assuming i have another 2-3 weeks to wait? thats a long time when there's people recieving in 7 days WOW i LOVE indiana!

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    i am also one of the waiter's it looks like i mailed mine august 18 as i did not know about l1. so i am assuming i have another 2-3 weeks to wait? thats a long time when there's people recieving in 7 days WOW i LOVE indiana!

I sure hope you get yours soon. Because I mailed mine in soon after you did. I figure I'll have mine within the next two weeks. Make sure you post up when you receive yours please.

poohdo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Marion County money order cashed June 6th = Still waiting.Call the number today and talked to a lady she says they recieved it back in June and "its not done" and Kim (who I need to talk to I guess) is away from her desk and will call me back,Nothing like getting butterflies on the way to the mailbox everyday then wanting to drop kick it on the way back inside.;)

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    Johnson County - My son applied via L1, I went with him for the prints and then to the Sheriff on 10/19/12. LTCH arrived in the mail on 10/30/12. So 7 business days is GREAT! :rockwoot:

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Called today to find out some info. I mailed my paper work in on around 8/20/12 and they started working on mine 10/25/12. Since I had a owi 3 years ago it will take 3 more weeks to finish it. With Thanksgiving coming up I'm looking at first or second week of December. What a bummer...

Last edited:

dm82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Indiana
    I submitted mine 11/5 in greenwood. I didn't do the L1, I didn't want to spend the extra money.. based on the responses so far, I am going to be waiting a while for my license to arrive.

kelsie117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    winslow
    I just submitted mine tonight online with the L1, and have appointment tomorrow to get my prints. Hope all goes well an fast. Will update if i hear anything.
    just bought my first handgun tonight too!:rockwoot:

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    My girlfriend did hers online and got fingerprinted on 10/29. Lady told her 5 days, I told her not to count on it. Anyways still waiting.

kelsie117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    winslow
    Well I got my L1 prints done today 11-8 and paid off the local. Lady told me about two weeks if everything goes smooth. Excited. Not looking forward to the trip back from the mail box a few times. Better wear my steel toes. Haha :facepalm:

Update! Got mine today in the mail. 12-3 so 5 days under a month. Not to bad.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    Spoke to firearms division because we went regular route...didn't realize how fast L1 was and our money orders were cashes aug 21 and aug 22nd. Hubby's permit was issued oct 29th but we didn't get it till nov 1st, mine was issued nov 8th, they said with the increase in permit applications that it is now taking 1 week for each day cashed. 11 weeks and 2 days is the current wait and will now start taking 12-14 weeks so go the L1 route if you haven't already applied.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Start here. Application for Handgun License

I think it's $84.95 going the L1 route. Then you make an apt to get fingerprinted and then go to your local PD and give them $50.

Then the waiting begins.

It's one amount for 4 year, and another for lifetime. Get the lifetime version!

The only maintenance for the lifetime (so to speak) will be keeping the state updated on your current address at all times.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Still waiting for mine, was quoted November 23rd, submitted first week of August. Probably longer now. Very disappointed in the way the whole process is handled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom