• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Another week, another headache. Still waiting, early August submission. Will NEVER be applying in Indiana again or living here much longer if this is how those idiots handle paperwork.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Just plan on waiting several months. You should have done lifetime L1. I mailed mine late August and still nothing. Granted I had a arrest 3 years ago. Don't count on seeing if any sooner than 14 weeks. If they will let you send in L1 just upgrade to lifetime and jump on it. Talking less than a month vs 3 months or longer. I'm within a week or two according to them. So I'm obviously gonna wait.

I didn't do lifetime because I don't know if I'll be in Indiana in a few years. I very possibly won't be. So I just decided to go with the four year. Plus, since Indiana doesn't require a class, and a lot of other states do, if I end up moving, it would probably be more beneficial to have one from another state anyway. I guess it's just a good lesson in patience. It sounded to me like if I did L1 now on my current application they still wouldn't even get to it for a while. It's not like I'd get it in two weeks because my application was already in the system as non-L1. I think it would just make it go a little faster once they actually get to it. So if they don't get to it for 9 more weeks, then it doesn't really make a difference. I think I'll just wait rather than messing around with it. I'll have to try and forget about it for a while. I'll be busy during the holidays so that helps.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    WOW are people still waiting 4 months to get permits?! I can never get my info in because sherrifs office is always closed! Is it a regional thing or all over?

dm82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Indiana
    Non-L1 - Waited 4 weeks so far.... no criminal history (actually first time I had been finger printed since I was a born). I should have no issues with getting a license.

I think the election caused even more people to apply for a license. I predict I will get mine some time between next year and ∞.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I applied for mine in October, took around 8 business days, for the 4 year and I went the L1 route. Hamilton County.

k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    Jennings county here. applied mid-septemeber, done my prints on the 25th, sent the paperwork on the 27th, and still nothing. verrrry aggravated. such a hassle to unload to carry to the range then load back up, then load again when I get home..

tucson26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Northest Indy
    Handgun permit

I would recommend to anyone applying to spend the few extra dollars and use the digital print option. The company name is L-1 identity solutions.

I applied for my gun permit and working for the department, I did my prints in house with the ink and paper method. It took 12 weeks to get my permit.
    We then applied for my fiance's permit and frustrated with how long mine took, I paid the money for the digital prints. I think it was like $10 or something small. Once everything was submitted, she had her permit in hand in about a week. I'm not sure if that is typical or not, but for me, it made an impression on me. I suggest that method to anyone.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Still waiting...

EDIT UPDATE: Just called and was informed that it was mailed out some time ago, so I guess it is on my postman to actually deliver it before the SHTF on the 21st?:rolleyes: Like I'll need it then anyway!

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Still waiting...

EDIT UPDATE: Just called and was informed that it was mailed out some time ago, so I guess it is on my postman to actually deliver it before the SHTF on the 21st?:rolleyes: Like I'll need it then anyway!

When did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Did you use L1?

Still waiting on mine, MO cashed on 10/25.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    When did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Did you use L1?

Still waiting on mine, MO cashed on 10/25.

L1 on November 6th

the recording when you call says that you can add 8 weeks to the date that your MO was cashed and you'll be close to arrival date.

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    sent mine in on 9-17-12 wish i had went the L-1 route!! a guy at work did his one day after mine and had it in his hands in 8 days.. just talked to ISP handgun div. and she told me that they are working on apps. that were submitted the last week in Aug. so i still have a bit till they even get to mine.. she said to expect 3-4 weeks after they start on it.. Damn its already been 12..

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yes, mine took 8 days as well after getting fingerprinted at the Child Services building. I also paid debit to L1 and cash to the sheriffs department, which electronically sent the information to the ISP instead of mailing. Those applications they are working on from August must be the ones that did not use L1, since I applied well after August.

Money orders are harder to get than just going to the ATM and getting cash, and cash is faster :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom