• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    110 of the 114 posts Lethgar has are in this thread. If he ever gets his LTCH we'll likely never hear from him again!!!

J/K, even though I finally got mine I still check this thread and get excited for others when they get theirs, especially when they've waited for ever.

This is how I finally got mine. Firm, polite persistence.

Glad you got yours, Ill be happy when Lethgar get his, and mine,
    this is just too long, wow!

Jimmy

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    I applied for mine through the local sheriff's department and the money order was cashed on November 8th. They told me at that time it would be 8 weeks, which would make it January 3rd. Let's hope this is the case.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Just called. Well multiple times, busy tone.
    Anyone know what dates they might be working on?
    I did L1 on Nov. 1st. Paid Hendricks Co. Nov. 19th

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I just got off the phone with them, they were working on mid November dates currently. which is total :poop: in my mind. She told me I was 2 weeks out still before they would even look at my paper work (filed dec. 14) L1 and electronic from my local. My question was why so long? your answering service I've listened to approximately 50 times says 5-7 days my local said 7-10 but expect 2 weeks. her reply was we're just under staffed right now, but we are getting more employees. to which my reply was, not to sound rude but that's not my problem, you guys shouldn't give an expected turn around time so short if I'm really looking at a more realistic wait of 2 1/2 months. she had no idea how to reply. So looks like I'll just throw the AK and the 870 on the dash for protection, that's legal as far as I know right? :D

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I'm LMAO!!! I see this thread was started in 08. I applied for mine in 09 and got it in less than 6 weeks. :rockwoot:

This may be because i have had a valid CHL for 12 years prior to applying for my lifetime.

But really folks......give 'em a break. I am SURE they are flat out buried under applications. EVERYONE is trying to get their lifetime now.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    I finally got ahold of a woman which was really no help at all. She told me to wait 13 weeks from the time the state cashed the money order. I had asked if it was being processed but she just said 13 weeks. So, guess i am back to the waiting game again...

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    I'm LMAO!!! I see this thread was started in 08. I applied for mine in 09 and got it in less than 6 weeks. :rockwoot:

This may be because i have had a valid CHL for 12 years prior to applying for my lifetime.

I had a 4 year that i had prior to this lifetime, but has not made a difference in my case unfortunately.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I had a 4 year that i had prior to this lifetime, but has not made a difference in my case unfortunately.

OK, it was just a thought. Thinking maybe those already with permits would be quicker to process.

Be patient, like i say EVERYBODY and their bother is applying for the lifetime...especially now.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    OK, it was just a thought. Thinking maybe those already with permits would be quicker to process.

Be patient, like i say EVERYBODY and their bother is applying for the lifetime...especially now.

Oh i know what you was thinking, I thought the same thing myself when i applied...LOL. Figured hey, I had one right before, surely it will be quicker. But i take it with the high demand now that they just can't handle it.

First time i got my 4 year it was right around 5-6 weeks.

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana

But really folks......give 'em a break. I am SURE they are flat out buried under applications. EVERYONE is trying to get their lifetime now.

I fully understand that they are buried right now, and there has been quite a wait for a while. However they shouldn't advertise it as a 5-7 day procedure, that's the part the makes me mad. it cost extra money and time to do the L1 route that they act like is so fast. when in all reality a week isn't much when you're looking at 2 1/2 or 3 months.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just got off the phone with them, they were working on mid November dates currently. which is total :poop: in my mind. She told me I was 2 weeks out still before they would even look at my paper work (filed dec. 14) L1 and electronic from my local. My question was why so long? your answering service I've listened to approximately 50 times says 5-7 days my local said 7-10 but expect 2 weeks. her reply was we're just under staffed right now, but we are getting more employees. to which my reply was, not to sound rude but that's not my problem, you guys shouldn't give an expected turn around time so short if I'm really looking at a more realistic wait of 2 1/2 months. she had no idea how to reply. So looks like I'll just throw the AK and the 870 on the dash for protection, that's legal as far as I know right? :D

I applied for mine on the same date. about 9am that morning. They told me 8 days. Lady on the phone told me 2 more weeks and they might get to it. No other info other than that. This wait is killing me :n00b:

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Although they are covered up and only so many people dedicated for this, keep in mind if you have any past that may be "negative" it delays the process, no matter how old or small it may have been.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom