• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wish I knew exactly when they cashed my check. I'm very close to the 14 week mark, or right at it. I tried calling them about a dozen times today and every time I do, it just goes to a busy signal. This is real BS.

Do you have the receipt stub? My MoneyGram money order had a tear off ticket. I called a 1800#, punched in the amount and ticket number. Whole thing was automated. ISP website says they are required to cash the checks within 1 business day of receiving your envelope.

deeplist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Do you have the receipt stub? My MoneyGram money order had a tear off ticket. I called a 1800#, punched in the amount and ticket number. Whole thing was automated. ISP website says they are required to cash the checks within 1 business day of receiving your envelope.

Nope. Mine was a Postal Money Order and from what I understand those are not trackable and nobody can seem to tell me whether it was cashed or not.

qstyk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Handgun license wait time

My wife and I had filled out our online application, procured the money orders, cash, and stamps and headed down to the city-county building to get printed and complete the process. Just before getting printed it was mentioned that it would take 5-6 MONTHS to get the licenses in the mail, due to the large volume of requests. There was no mention of this on the website, but apparently the backlog has only put the digital places about a week behind.

I've now got an appointment scheduled with the digital place. I found it interesting that in the three hours between when my wife and I had submitted our online forms, the application number had incremented by about 2,000.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Wow, sorry to hear about that. I think filled out my online application on a Saturday, got my fingerprints taken that Monday, and received my LTCH on the next Thursday.

That was in March of 2012, I'm sure they are much busier these days.

Although my Uncle applied for his around the same time and it took between 3-4 months..

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I made the trip to the City-County building on the 21st of December to upgrade to the Lifetime License. The lady said she noticed I had a current license and asked when it expired, and when I replied August, she said I came just in time because it would take about 4 months due to the backlog. Her exact words were, "Due to recent events." I should have just got the Lifetime to start with, but it was a gift from my father when I turned 18 and he didn't know if I would be all that interested in firearms later down the road... boy was he wrong :):

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I just signed up for mine Tuesday. I went to the Fishers Mail Post store and had my fingerprints done today. The guy told me that all I have to do is pay my local fee to my local police department and I should get it within 2 weeks!! I said I had heard things were way backed up and it takes months. He said not with the digital fingerprints. He had a guy in the other day that got his in 5 days.

We'll see. I'm off to the local PD tomorrow.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Got my L1 fingerprinting done today. Took my $50 to the sheriff's office. The fingerprint girl said they are now running about 4 weeks via L1. Lady at the sheriff's office said 8 weeks. Hoping the fingerprint girl is right!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom