• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Hey guys. Ive been trying not to call and bother ISP seeing as they are super busy right now. I guess I've been hoping id get it sooner if i didnt bother them about. I was curious about my status today so i tried to track my money order on the USPS website. It came back saying there was no information for this money order. Checked the number and it was correct. Has anybody else had this? Tried to ca ISP to confirm they had recieved it, but it was past business hours. Was going to call again monday, but does anyone know if that means it was lost, cashed long ago and out of the system already, or what?

Edit. Sent in dec 6th by the way. Didnt go l1 so im expecting a long wait, but i mailed the card myself so i atleast know it's not sitting on the local police depts. desk still.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Hey guys. Ive been trying not to call and bother ISP seeing as they are super busy right now. I guess I've been hoping id get it sooner if i didnt bother them about. I was curious about my status today so i tried to track my money order on the USPS website. It came back saying there was no information for this money order. Checked the number and it was correct. Has anybody else had this? Tried to ca ISP to confirm they had recieved it, but it was past business hours. Was going to call again monday, but does anyone know if that means it was lost, cashed long ago and out of the system already, or what?

Edit. Sent in dec 6th by the way. Didnt go l1 so im expecting a long wait, but i mailed the card myself so i atleast know it's not sitting on the local police depts. desk still.

Expect it in May or June.

deeplist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    i tried to track my money order on the USPS website. It came back saying there was no information for this money order. Checked the number and it was correct. Has anybody else had this?

Yeah, exact same thing with me. I called USPS and they told me it's not trackable either. What's the point???

I tried calling ISP about a dozen times now, always a busy signal when I push 0 to speak to somebody.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Great... Well thanks guys. At least i was kind of expecting it anyway. I guess i just keep hoping i'll be one if the lucky ones. Lol. I have a clean record, at least as far as i know! So hopefully that will at least speed it up a little. A guy can dream right? Then again, i'm staring to wonder about that one too.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    My pink card showed up today....
    Whent L1, did state fees online.Nov 11th (2012)
    Paid Hendricks Co. Nov. 19th (2012)
    Issued Jan. 4th
    In my hand today.

Keep your heads up ya'll!!!!

abramj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    I've been waiting 15 weeks, dig through the mail every night. Found this forum to realize I should be getting it in a short time period. Excited to me a new member!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I hear that...I believe I would have submitted around the same time. Mid-July here and still nothing. I read on here a few weeks back that some people had submitted around that time and have received them but as we know, it is case-by-case...

How terrible would someone feel when we need to draw down and there is nothing to draw since our state takes 5 months to process a permit to carry?
    :ar15: :dunno:

Nice.:patriot:

I hear ya, I want to call but always same thing. Then it just takes my hope away. Going on 20 WEEKS!!!

Wow. I thought you guys were looking for your license the same time I was? Sorry to hear your still waiting. Thats crazy.......

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    So I just called my local PD to arrange to pay my $50 for my license and because this is a first time license I have to meet with the Chief of Police. ?? Is this normal? That was a little unexpected. I have no problem with it, just wasn't aware.

His first available appointment was January 29. :-(

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    So I just called my local PD to arrange to pay my $50 for my license and because this is a first time license I have to meet with the Chief of Police. ?? Is this normal? That was a little unexpected. I have no problem with it, just wasn't aware.

This is because you live within the Carmel city or town limits. Don't worry about the meeting, from what I have read here, the Chief just goes over a few rules on where you can carry and so forth.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus

317-233-5054

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    This is because you live within the Carmel city or town limits. Don't worry about the meeting, from what I have read here, the Chief just goes over a few rules on where you can carry and so forth.

Just had my meeting yesterday with Asst Ch. Jim. I and one other met, very casual conversation. CARMEL has been doing this since the 80 when the Chief would fillout the paper work and they continue to do (meet&greet) this. I did express my thoughts about the wait however, the conversation was very pro2A and it was also an opportunity to ask questions. I didn't feel intimidated or pressed to follow certain rules. We were encouraged to train and educate ourselves since we are now CHL.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy

Huh... Keep us updated on that!

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    FYI, I just called Tuesday 1/8 to check on mine and they said they were working on October 3rd applications (non-L1) on that day. I've been waiting almost 11 weeks and they told me on Tuesday 2 to 3 more weeks (my money order was cashed 10/29). If that's accurate it will mean 12-13 weeks total. That's with no criminal history, though. They said it's definitely longer if you have a previous arrest.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Seems to be taking a lot of people a lot of various times. I applied for mine on Nov 26th in Hancock county. I went the L1 route and I'm still waiting. A buddy of mine did his the week before in Southern Indiana and he received his last week. This is like waiting for Christmas to come!!!

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Mine was right about 6 weeks. However, this was 3-4 months ago before the great panic of late 2012/2013. Guessing it's longer now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom