• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NanoBaby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

I completed my LTCH with Fishers PD this morning, the girl helping me said "the state is saying 8-12 week wait right now"
    So that means at least then end of April, early May for me...

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I applied for mine Jan 21st and I'm still waiting. This is week 6 for me. I'll post here when I receive it.

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Fingerprint method

A question for those who have responded. For the state fingerprints did you do it electronically (extra cost $9.95) or manually? I'm curious if the electronic method really is quicker.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    A question for those who have responded. For the state fingerprints did you do it electronically (extra cost $9.95) or manually? I'm curious if the electronic method really is quicker.

It is significantly quicker. With recent posts I believe you are looking at 8 weeks L1 versus 16 weeks the paper route.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Will isp tell me my app number? Im paying the 84 for L1

Your local department can tell you your app number. I'm sure ISP could as well but they're pretty busy and it would probably be easier to get through your local agency.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Read through the previous posts. People who submitted L-1 are getting their Larrys in 7-8 weeks (at least those sent prior to Christmas). People who did manual fingerprinting seem to be waiting 14 weeks or longer.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Does anyone know if they to by the date you filled out your application or the date you did the L1? I filled out the app on 1/2/13 but did the printing on 1/8/13

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Does anyone know if they to by the date you filled out your application or the date you did the L1? I filled out the app on 1/2/13 but did the printing on 1/8/13

Its the date your local PD submits the app to the state.

Jimmy, 16wks & counting

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    ok...talked to someone at state today. I did L1 and online app...paid st. joe county on 12-26. they convieneinly forgot to transmit my app until about 3 weeks ago. state said they wouldn't get started on mine for about 3 weeks. how long does it take once they start on your app?

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    ok...talked to someone at state today. I did L1 and online app...paid st. joe county on 12-26. they convieneinly forgot to transmit my app until about 3 weeks ago. state said they wouldn't get started on mine for about 3 weeks. how long does it take once they start on your app?

Not sure why they told you 6 weeks? Going by the posts on here it is taking 7-9 weeks once they recieve your application. I am on my 7th week. I posted two days ago that I spoke with ISP and they said another 15-30 days for me. They received mine on 1/8/13.

Rydnlow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Does anyone have experience getting their permit after checking the box for psychiatric help on the app? My local PD said I didn't need to submit medical records or sign a release for them or anything. They acted like it was no big deal. Just wondering how much that might hold my app up.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Does anyone have experience getting their permit after checking the box for psychiatric help on the app? My local PD said I didn't need to submit medical records or sign a release for them or anything. They acted like it was no big deal. Just wondering how much that might hold my app up.

My neighbor claims the ISP made him go back to psychiatrist and get a release form filled out before he could be a license? I do not know if there was any other circumstances and more then likely there were.

I probably shouldn't have answered since I personally never had experience with this question but its the best I knew

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    L1, Clean Record

Submitted Dec. 27th........ (which makes 9 weeks today) and still waiting! With any luck it will be in the mailbox today!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom