• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How the heck would anybody know if you made copies? Just don't sign the original. I found pink paper at Staples that's a perfect match. I scanned the original and printed off 5 copies at home right away. I signed those and plan to have them laminated. I'll have one for the wallet and keep others in mine and wife's glove box. Just be sure to keep the unsigned original in a safe place and you'll never get stuck paying the state $20 for a re-issue.

Shade Tree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Across from the Corn Field
    Paid L1 on 12/20/2012 and received my LTCH on 02/22/2013. 8 weeks, 2 days.

Took my original document to a local copy service. I actually know the person behind the counter that helped me. Got it copied and laminated. The original is intact, unsigned and in a safe place.

After all was said and done, it was told to me that it is more or less a "professional courtesy" to not make copies if there is a charge for copies from the document source. It's kinda like a copyright. FWIW

Shade Tree

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was at a car dealership over the weekend and the topic of guns came up. The salesmen said he applied for his permit about 7 months ago and had still not received it. I told him to call and check on it because that's longer than usual. Anyone else hear of wait times of that long?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I was at a car dealership over the weekend and the topic of guns came up. The salesmen said he applied for his permit about 7 months ago and had still not received it. I told him to call and check on it because that's longer than usual. Anyone else hear of wait times of that long?

Yeah, I have a friend that has been waiting at least 6 months. He has some criminal history and jail time. Dont know if it ws felonies or not, but I suspect it was. I doubt he will ever see a LTCH.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I was told by my local pd that if you apply online and do the l1 it takes about 6 wks. If you do it the old way and fill out the paperwork at th pd. the lady said it would take about 6 mo. needless to say, I got an appointment at 10am in the morning for the l1 service.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I was told by my local pd that if you apply online and do the l1 it takes about 6 wks. If you do it the old way and fill out the paperwork at th pd. the lady said it would take about 6 mo. needless to say, I got an appointment at 10am in the morning for the l1 service.

Good luck on 6 weeks! Although it will be much faster than L1, my 6 weeks is coming up Friday. I'm not expecting to see anything until AT LEAST the 10th of next month. Just basing off of where others have been seeing. More than likely the 10th of May. =(

Slowly but surely, knowing it won't be there, I'm starting to care about what is in the mail box more and more.

Anthraxbird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Next week is 16 for me. I'm getting very antsy about what is and isn't in my box! Any idea what day they're working on for L1 and non-L1? I've emailed them about 8 days ago, no response. Hell, I don't even know if it was submitted, because I misplaced my MO stubs!

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I did my L1 on January 19th, then to 50 S Alabama on January 24th. Paid cash. At this point I'm in Week 7, so am expecting at least another 5 weeks before I see anything.

...and nothing today. Not surprised at all, just keeping track for interested parties. I have now completed Week 7 and moved into Week 8. I'm guessing at *least* another 4 weeks before I see it.

R-Elsie-pea

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    I'm at a little over 10 weeks now.
    L1 on 1/7/13 and paid THPD the same day. Still nothing in the mail yet.
    Hopefully I'll get it sometime this week.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I vistited my very friendly LEO today to pay my local fee, he told me they are a little backlog and I would have it in two weeks. I just smiled, I didn't bother to tell him about the posts here on INGO. So now the waiting starts...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom