• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Went the L1 route, got my confirmation email from the ISP on Jan 28th stating it would be about 2 weeks, lol. I expected 6-8 weeks, but called for giggles to see where the backlog is now. The kind lady told me on 3-11-2013 they were just wading into the first week of January 2013 applications. I figure I've got at least another 1-3 weeks before they process mine.
    -M

Gary Clay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    It took a week for my wife and I to get our life time.
    My buddy did his 3 weeks later and it took 3 months for his to show up. He thought it was going to be denied but it was good.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    The only difference in our history is that I once held a secret clearance and am a veteran, honorable discharge. I don't see why that should make a difference but I suppose it could.

FWIW, I currently have ATF and US Marshal clearance and I was told that won't move me any closer to the front of the line.

Brock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    I didn't figure it would. I would think the check goes something like: no criminal history, approved. Past arrests, look a little closer. I should clarify that my rights are no more valid than anyone else's, regardless of my past service, but I wondered if it would make a difference with the processing.

LFTPFW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Applied on-line, L-1 prints and $50 cash submitted to Fort Wayne PD on Jan. 4, 2013. LTCH issued 3/15 and received today!

I did mine on 1/9/13. I am in Fort Wayne as well. I paid my $50 there as well as did my prints there.

I was wondering...since the prints were scanned on an L1 machine...does that mean they are processed the same way? Are they considered the same as having them done on paper? I never thought about it until today.

Hoping mine shows up soon!

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Anybody know if the ISP begins processing your application upon receiving your L1 or if they wait till you do the local portion? The reason I ask is that I did my L1 in late December, but due to some stupidity at the Carmel Police Department, I didn't get my local stuff squared away until mid January.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Anybody know if the ISP begins processing your application upon receiving your L1 or if they wait till you do the local portion? The reason I ask is that I did my L1 in late December, but due to some stupidity at the Carmel Police Department, I didn't get my local stuff squared away until mid January.

The clock starts when your local submits.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I did mine on 1/9/13. I am in Fort Wayne as well. I paid my $50 there as well as did my prints there.

I was wondering...since the prints were scanned on an L1 machine...does that mean they are processed the same way? Are they considered the same as having them done on paper? I never thought about it until today.

You pay L1, you get the L1 benefit. Otherwise, no joy. Look for your Larry in another 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Let me know when you get yours, that will help me gauge mine since we were a week apart.

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    You pay L1, you get the L1 benefit. Otherwise, no joy. Look got your Larry in another 6-8 weeks.

I for one do not think with the exception of a couple of weeks there is any additional benefit...I have heard from multiple sources of local agencies sitting on apps, and then transmitting weeks later...I did non-L1 in Greenfield on the 3rd of January and mailed it on the same day they cashed my MO on the 7th, yes I probably have another 4 weeks left...but alot less aggrivation...IMO

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I for one do not think with the exception of a couple of weeks there is any additional benefit...I have heard from multiple sources of local agencies sitting on apps, and then transmitting weeks later...I did non-L1 in Greenfield on the 3rd of January and mailed it on the same day they cashed my MO on the 7th, yes I probably have another 4 weeks left...but alot less aggrivation...IMO

Of course there is no additional benefit. But if you look back through this thread, that benefit seems to be more like 6 weeks than a "couple". And again, based on posts in this thread, I'd say you have AT LEAST 5 more weeks.

As for me, the extra $9.95 and one extra stop that day to get the e-prints was not a lot of "aggrivation".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom