Not open for further replies.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    1/23/13 -
    My wife and I both did L1 + Marion County local today, new lifetime for her, renewal to lifetime for me. Electronic of all 4 fingers each hand, then individual digits each hand at L1. Electronic thumb and index of each hand at the City County Bldg. Lady at the desk was telling folks 4 weeks backup on L1.

3/23/13 - Nothing in the box yet. 4 weeks my ass.

RAP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    New Whiteland
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

My receipt for all my payments/ electronic fingerprints are Jan. 17 2013. I am still waiting, I was told 2-4 weeks. It will get here when it gets here. :):

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    The process to apply for a license to carry a firearm is transitioning from a paper process to an electronic application. This will streamline the application process for citizens as well as the processing completed by local agencies and the Indiana State Police.

The electronic application process already existed, but an enhanced version will be available on Monday, March 25, 2013. It will no longer be necessary to print a completed application and mail it to the state police for processing. A properly completed firearm license application will be transmitted from the applicant’s computer to the proper police agency for approval. Once approved by the local police authority the application is electronically transmitted to the Indiana State Police Firearms Section for further processing.

Part of the application process includes having a set of fingerprints associated with the license application. While most fingerprints are submitted electronically, some are still submitted on paper fingerprint cards. Effective May 15, 2013 only electronic fingerprints will be accepted. As citizens complete their application they will be directed to a list of locations for electronic fingerprinting. There are currently more than 60 locations statewide, serviced by Morpho Trust USA, that provide electronic fingerprint services. For locations and information about this vendor, visit this link: MorphoTrust USA, Enrollment Services Division in Indiana

To start the firearm license application process, visit this link: ISP: Firearms Licensing

This is a bit confusing, since the "enhanced version" as described has existed for a long time....sounds like they no longer want the paper.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Got this email today:

The Indiana State Police Firearms Section requests the following:

Please DO NOT request a status check regarding your firearm permit application unless the timeframe significantly exceeds the projected issue dates listed below.

Firearms questions can be directed to the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section. ISP is experiencing a high volume of phone calls. If you are checking the status of your firearms application, include your full name, date of birth, and date that your money order was cashed.

ATTENTION: If you have already submitted a firearms application, the following timelines should be anticipated:

■For those using Morpho Trust USA (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--10 to 12 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    ■For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--15 to 17 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    ■If you have any prior criminal history, the above timelines may be extended until your criminal history can be reviewed.
    For the fastest response, we recommend that you submit your questions via email.

Email:
    ISPFirearmsquestions@isp.in.gov

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    Just saw this posted on the ISP media site
    Indiana State Police-Headquarters - Statewide Sunday March 24th, 2013 :: 07:46 p.m. EDT
    check-big.png
    check-big.png

CommunityFirearms License Application Process Updated; Paper Applications No Longer Accepted

The Indiana State Police Firearms Section requests the following:

Please DO NOT request a status check regarding your firearm permit application unless the timeframe significantly exceeds the projected issue dates listed below.

Firearms questions can be directed to the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section. ISP is experiencing a high volume of phone calls. If you are checking the status of your firearms application, include your full name, date of birth, and date that your money order was cashed.

ATTENTION: If you have already submitted a firearms application, the following timelines should be anticipated:

■For those using Morpho Trust USA (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--10 to 12 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    ■For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--15 to 17 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    ■If you have any prior criminal history, the above timelines may be extended until your criminal history can be reviewed.
    For the fastest response, we recommend that you submit your questions via email.

Email:
    ISPFirearmsquestions@isp.in.gov

Link to this information:
    http://www.in.gov/isp/2833.htm
    Address/Location
    Indiana State Police-Headquarters - Statewide
    100 N Senate Ave
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Contact
    Emergency: 9-1-1
    Non-emergencies: 317-232-8250

Sergeant Ron Galaviz
    Public Information
    rgalaviz@isp.in.gov
    260-459-4819

qwaszx357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I put my application in on 2/1/13. The lady said 4 wks. Its been 7 wks. Called the state police # and the recording said 12-18 wks. It also said to check your app from the ISP web site but I have yet to figure out how to check. I can find no obvious link to check on permit status.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I put my application in on 2/1/13. The lady said 4 wks. Its been 7 wks. Called the state police # and the recording said 12-18 wks. It also said to check your app from the ISP web site but I have yet to figure out how to check. I can find no obvious link to check on permit status.

Don't even bother... it will be much longer than 4 weeks. Expect at least 12-18

Many of us are still waiting since the end of December/Early Jan

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

Out of curiosity, did you even read any of the posts on this forum?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ISP said:
    For those using Morpho Trust USA (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--10 to 12 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    so, what if I didn't pay with a money order? I paid my state fees online with my CC, and used cash at CityCounty when I went there.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    My receipt for all my payments/ electronic fingerprints are Jan. 17 2013. I am still waiting, I was told 2-4 weeks. It will get here when it gets here. :):

Then I would assume this means it takes immediate effect from that date.

That is not a safe assumption. The clock starts when ISP receives your app from local law enforcement. There have been multiple stories on this thread about folks whose locals sat on their apps for days, even weeks.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    That is not a safe assumption. The clock starts when ISP receives your app from local law enforcement. There have been multiple stories on this thread about folks whose locals sat on their apps for days, even weeks.

City County building is the ISP HQ, therefore it would be directly into the hand of the ISP.

Not saying I'm right, just explaining the way that I looked at it. :dunno:

At this point I would really put a safe bet on any certain time period. It is likely constantly changing, day by day even, depending on the different number of applications they got from one day to the next.

Maybe one day they only got 20 or 100 applications. Then on the next day they got a rush and had 400 or 500 in a day. I'm sure its been happening like that, maybe with different numbers, but I think you get the point.

I don't not believe they can accurately predict a current processing time period. They can just simply tell you what date they are currently working on, and something that seems like it might be possible. :twocents:

Last edited:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    City County building is the ISP HQ, therefore it would be directly into the hand of the ISP.

Not saying I'm right, just explaining the way that I looked at it. :dunno:

At this point I would really put a safe bet on any certain time period. It is likely constantly changing, day by day even, depending on the different number of applications they got from one day to the next.

Maybe one day they only got 20 or 100 applications. Then on the next day they got a rush and had 400 or 500 in a day. I'm sure its been happening like that, maybe with different numbers, but I think you get the point.

I don't not believe they can accurately predict a current processing time period. They can just simply tell you what date they are currently working on, and something that seems like it might be possible. :twocents:

City-County is not ISP HQ. It's the center of gov't for Marion County and Indianapolis City, but it does not house ISP.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    City-County is not ISP HQ. It's the center of gov't for Marion County and Indianapolis City, but it does not house ISP.

Maybe it was the Government building where I did my L1 prints that is the ISP HQ?

Either way, is it not the home of the Firearms division where you finalize the paperwork for your permit in the City-County building?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Maybe it was the Government building where I did my L1 prints that is the ISP HQ?

Either way, is it not the home of the Firearms division where you finalize the paperwork for your permit in the City-County building?

ISP Firearms Licensing is at 100 N. Senate in the Government Center. Across town from the C-C Building

Xap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Onine application and payment December 16
    L1 Prints December 17
    First PD visit a few days later.
    Last PD visit and local payment January 8
    Issued March 19
    Was in my UPS mailbox today :rockwoot: (could have come anytime within the past few days)

10-11 weeks since local payment. Now I just need a gun to carry, which may take awhile.

Brock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    Online app filled out December 10th. Printed and mailed NOT L1 December 14th. Issued 3/20/13, received today 3/25/13! My wife did hers the same day, hers did not show up today, but we both have clean records. I expect to see hers sometime this week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom