• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Congratulations! .. but man, waiting 16-17 weeks is a PITA. You'd think they'd step up the manpower a little with the current volume of applications they have to process ..

The Major that runs the Records Division (thats where the LTCH's come from) said he has more temps right now than regular staff. I think they are trying despite what we all think (myself included). :twocents:

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    I'm not 100% sure my sheriff signed my card before I mailed it.....the lady who did my prints just handed me all my files in an envelope and told me all I had to do was get my money order and mail it. She better hope for her sake she didn't screw me over!!!! :ugh:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I'm probably wrong and it won't help or work, but if you took the clas for the Utah permit... would it be quicker? You would be good in all the states an LTCH is good for plus 5 or 6 more states. Just a thought.

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    I'm pretty sure you have to be a resident of the state you apply for your LTCH in. If you whipped out an Indiana drivers license and a Utah carry permit when asked by an officer I'm not sure things would go as smoothly as you would like :dunno:

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I'm probably wrong and it won't help or work, but if you took the clas for the Utah permit... would it be quicker? You would be good in all the states an LTCH is good for plus 5 or 6 more states. Just a thought.
    You can't obtain a Utah license without first having an Indiana LTCH.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I received my license in the mail today! I applied online and payed the local Sheriff around the third week of January.

I found a problem though - they have my date of birth wrong. It looks like they switched the last two numbers on the year I was born - for example: instead of saying 1975 it says 1957.

Should I call and ask about this and is my license still legitimate/legal?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I received my license in the mail today! I applied online and payed the local Sheriff around the third week of January.

I found a problem though - they have my date of birth wrong. It looks like they switched the last two numbers on the year I was born - for example: instead of saying 1975 it says 1957.

Should I call and ask about this and is my license still legitimate/legal?

I would apply for a revision ASAP. I think you are still legal, but I would do whatever paperwork you need to do and then copy that paperwork and carry it with you when you carry your gun.

I'm not a lawyer or LEO - just the guy on the next bar stool. :):

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Week 17 for me
    6 weeks since my wife got hers and she applied 2 days after me
    16 days since I wrote ISP an email and still haven't had a response

Yes I have a minor misdemeanor but I am sooooooo thankful that I paid the extra money to speed it up and even more thankful that by law the law enforcers only have 60 days to do this. If that wasn't the case I might be stuck waiting months for a license :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom